• Axel Sandin Pellikka, D, Skellefteå AIK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus took But, so there is now just the Rangers ahead of us.

I spent some time checking out Honzek, Stenberg, and also Sale at this point. I don't think we can truly go wrong. I would probably only be able to break the tie based on "intangible" things like interviews, physical projections, stuff that I'll never have access to. So I would say "we can't lose" now in this mock. Whichever one we get will be just fine by me.

But I still have to vote for one? Ugh. Can anybody convince me pro or con? :dunno:
And Columbus traded that pick to LA yesterday

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
What about Heidt? A bit of a smurf, but he might be a "swing for the fences" sort of guy. Solid numbers out of the WHL.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
What about Heidt? A bit of a smurf, but he might be a "swing for the fences" sort of guy. Solid numbers out of the WHL.

He's comparable size to several of the other guys mentioned in this thread that wouldn't scare me. We will see what his true size is this week, but he's supposedly as good a playmaker as there is in the draft. He'd be a great option as well.

You look at the projected available players and there's just a ton of upside still sitting there through the end of the 1st round even into the 2nd. I really think we will still have a chance for some difference makers in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Kat Predator

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
He's comparable size to several of the other guys mentioned in this thread that wouldn't scare me. We will see what his true size is this week, but he's supposedly as good a playmaker as there is in the draft. He'd be a great option as well.

You look at the projected available players and there's just a ton of upside still sitting there through the end of the 1st round even into the 2nd. I really think we will still have a chance for some difference makers in the 2nd round.
been a fan of Heidt for a while, would be a good pick

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Timely trade. Philly took Gulyayev so But is back on the board and Honzek may be coming off in NYR (looking at their poll). Checks that the skill and size blocks.

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How is hockey IQ evaluated? I want guys who know what to do with the puck and make good decisions. I often thought our collective IQ was single digits last season. And for the love of the hockey gods, find guys who can make and receive passes!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I love this time of year. We all have our opinions, I certainly have mine and know it's fully formed based on someone else's opinion because I have no clue how to scout hockey players.

The Athletic just did a 2 round mock.

But goes 13th
Honzek 14th
Moore 15th

All of this just to say I love the process and can't wait to see how the real world shakes out in a few weeks.

As for our 2nd pick? I went Honzek with our 15th so if he's still on the board at 24 in this draft I'm sticking with it. Otherwise, Sale.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad