Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Buds Pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I can't say I'm impressed with any of the names still on the board

This list screams trade down, finding a partner may take some doing though

Reactions: Kangal and kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I can't say I'm impressed with any of the names still on the board

This list screams trade down, finding a partner may take some doing though
Yep. On the main boards Florida fans said would trade down for the Leafs' first and 2nd. Askarov and/or Jarvis might still be there.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'd rather pick the BPA.

You can always trade or sign for need. What you can't do is trade for talent when you need it.

Remember when Montreal had the Hart trophy winner in Theodore but picked some kid named Carey Price. Never know what the future holds.
We have enough bpa flowering daisies. Go watch figure skating if you want more :)

Reactions: Faltorvo

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Like in politics, people get sick of one party and then vote for the other and the cycle goes back and forth.

Well, after years of shitting on Burke for caring too much about truculence and the lack of skill on the team, I really have to wonder how many people would welcome him back at this point.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Like in politics, people get sick of one party and then vote for the other and the cycle goes back and forth.

Well, after years of shitting on Burke for caring too much about truculence and the lack of skill on the team, I really have to wonder how many people would welcome him back at this point.
Less than you think I feel. There's a reason he's giving out mostly bad opinions on tv now rather than NHL offices.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We have enough bpa flowering daisies. Go watch figure skating if you want more :)
Who said it has to be flowering daisies?

How limited is your view on the draft?

Remember when Boston tried to outsmart logical thinking....where Barzal Chabot and Connor now.

Reactions: Faltorvo

EC

Nov 10, 2016
Would love Askarov...he won't get past CAR perhaps even NSH

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I usually like the drop down, more bullets strategy but with 11 picks in this draft and what I see as a sizeable dropoff before our pick I think I would strongly look to move up this year. Grab Askarov or potentially high enough to grab Sanderson.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Who said it has to be flowering daisies?

How limited is your view on the draft?

Remember when Boston tried to outsmart logical thinking....where Barzal Chabot and Connor now.
Lol i was just looking at that draft year haha. I’m so glad they f***** up. Schneider will be BPA at fifteenth anyway. 6’2” 209 Rhd that will be ready to come in and play right side with Liljigren in the mix as a really young talented right side in a snap. He plays a jam game but needs to work on his edge work apparently. The rest of his defensive game will polish up as he develops. Its solid already. He’s a need and might not even be there at 15 by some mock drafts. You are saying he won’t be Bpa at 15. Some have him going earlier. He fits all the criteria to grab if he is there and Askarov is gone.
Mckeens has him right at 15 in this link. Draft

ISS has him ranked 13 here and its a international combined ranking.ISS Hockey Releases ISS Top 31 for March, Rankings of the Top Prospects for the 2020 NHL Draft - ISS Hockey

we will get a good player at 15 disagreements aside. Thats good enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckrider

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I'd rather pick the BPA.

You can always trade or sign for need. What you can't do is trade for talent when you need it.

Remember when Montreal had the Hart trophy winner in Theodore but picked some kid named Carey Price. Never know what the future holds.

Really? Only if they want to as well. BPA has got us to where we are now. Full of wingers, that in the grand scheme of things is of least importance. At some point you have to target positions or roll players. BPA leads to trades that you need to Win in order to be happy. I thought this for the longest time but i don't really see it work out for almost anyone.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Do not pick for need. Schneider is not a top 15 pick quality player. He is only even considered in that range because the D in this draft are awful.
Says you and who are you. I put up the scouting services ranking a couple posts above. But you know better right. Well I don’t and i follow the rankings and see how it goes. You just can’t blurt that and expect no debate would be slim chance

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Do not pick for need. Schneider is not a top 15 pick quality player. He is only even considered in that range because the D in this draft are awful.
You know, they tend to say that every year, but looking back in hindsight when is that ever really the case.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
HockeyProspect has Schneider ranked 12th.

Has anyone bought the Black Book this year? What does it have to say about Schneider's skating and what is the reason behind their relatively high ranking comparing to other scouting agencies?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Says you and who are you. I put up the scouting services ranking a couple posts above. But you know better right. Well I don’t and i follow the rankings and see how it goes. You just can’t blurt that and expect no debate would be slim chance

You good?

Anyway says most scouting reports:

Defensemen of Schneider’s caliber are often a tough projection. [...] Unless a team is truly enamored by Schneider’s play, expect him to fall between the 18th and 25th picks for this year’s draft.

https://thehockeywriters.com/braden-schneider-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Pronman has him at 19

He is ranked anywhere from 13-30 on most scouting reports (TSN, McKeen, ISS, FC, EP, NHL Central Scouting, etc.) so its not like Im saying anything outlandish that would warrant that reaction.

From my, admittedly limited, viewing of him he is a high IQ low ceiling D with limited mobility. He doesnt have #1 potential and would be drafting "safe" which hasnt worked out for the leafs in the past.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
We need RD. Not a center, not a winger, and n0t a LD. We need a shut down right Defenceman. What is so hard about this concept. Sure I like other players as well but we are not drafting top 10, we can pick for need.

the last time we picked based on position in the 1st round was GOAT. Everyone knew we were taking a centre 1st that year.
Best available all day every day in the 1st round.
Deal with organizational depth in other rounds.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
the last time we picked based on position in the 1st round was GOAT. Everyone knew we were taking a centre 1st that year.
Also it's unlikely that if we choose someone based on need, that player may not be ready right away and if he is, would he be impactful in the top 4? Also, team needs may change in a year.

Reactions: The Podium

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Also it's unlikely that if we choose someone based on need, that player may not be ready right away and if he is, would he be impactful in the top 4? Also, team needs may change in a year.

Exactly, looking at organizational depth we need prospects at every position. With question marks regarding the long term roles of most of this team (Freddy, Rielly (UFA), Hyman (UFA), Nylander/Marner, JT in 5 years time) it really does not matter what position we are drafting.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Shea Theodore was on the board still. That's who I wanted.

Still sticks in my craw.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
HockeyProspect has Schneider ranked 12th.

Has anyone bought the Black Book this year? What does it have to say about Schneider's skating and what is the reason behind their relatively high ranking comparing to other scouting agencies?

Reactions: ToneDog

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You good?

Anyway says most scouting reports:

https://thehockeywriters.com/braden-schneider-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Pronman has him at 19

He is ranked anywhere from 13-30 on most scouting reports (TSN, McKeen, ISS, FC, EP, NHL Central Scouting, etc.) so its not like Im saying anything outlandish that would warrant that reaction.

From my, admittedly limited, viewing of him he is a high IQ low ceiling D with limited mobility. He doesnt have #1 potential and would be drafting "safe" which hasnt worked out for the leafs in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad