Confirmed with Link: TDA trade dead, bought out by Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Now that @NotOpie reminded me that Rizzo is a college guy, I suspect the hold up may be the strict NCAA rules on players participating in the development camps, them having to pay their own way etc.

It is not inconceivable that the League delaying the TDA trade messed up Rizzo's participation in Canes development camp to the extent that Canes have to wait until the camp ends and Rizzo's right can be traded.
FWIW: as usual, the NCAA is decades behind on establishing rules for the benefit for the player. There is so much $ floating around NCAA sports for the players right now that forbidding a "college hockey guy" to get paid by club professional instruction/interaction is out of the times.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
birthday-the-simpsons.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I have a theory.

If they sign Tank, they trade for TDA

If we dont land Tank, we trade for EK
Maybe

My theory is that TDA is the backup plan for EK, and Tank determines the level of forward we are trying to deal Pesce for.

Put it this way, I'm going to be very worried about our future, especially at top end forward, if we deal Pesce and the return is a package that gets us EK like we are speculating. I feel like this is a rare moment we can get the top end talent we desperately need and we will look back in a few years regretting the missed opportunity if we don't go out and get someone like Nylander, or heck, even a Lindholm

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This doesn't make sense..."it's not if, it's when"...but then why would EK & Pesce be be the hold up? If it's held up for those options then it's clearly dependent on what happens there. Also please trade Skjei, I thought I remember brief bits of Skjei-TDA being horrendous?
maybe in trying to figure out if we need to get a 3rd team involved to get the other 25% retained so we can fit him under the cap. Only thing I can think of.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
This doesn't make sense..."it's not if, it's when"...but then why would EK & Pesce be be the hold up? If it's held up for those options then it's clearly dependent on what happens there. Also please trade Skjei, I thought I remember brief bits of Skjei-TDA being horrendous?
My worry with TDA is he’ll be horrendous defensively playing beside anyone not named Slavin, you know just like he’s been basically his entire career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad