Confirmed Trade: [TBL/TOR] Brian Boyle for Byron Froese and a 2nd round pick

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Within the division to a team that is perhaps fighting for the same spot? Hope the return is decent of Stevie goes ahead with this.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
To those saying Toronto shouldn't be buying, I don't think they're looking at Boyle short-term. Part of the reasoning for picking him up as now is surely to give him a tryout to see how he'd fit long term.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Actually, given the amount of crap that happened yesterday with Hanzal, I'm not believing it until it's official. I don't think the Leafs get Boyle for the 4C and pay the stupid assets.

Why this team is wasting their assets on rentals is beyond me. To upgrade on Gauthier who hasn't even looked bad... We aren't going to get any further with Boyle, but we probably just lost a piece we want to keep.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Turn the avatars off again HF :laugh: These servers can't handle anything.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I think its pretty genius to get guys like Matthews and Marner some playoff experience as soon as possible and instill the belief that they are a playoff team every year. Its a smart move in the long run.

I'm all for that plan, so long as we don't have to give up a ton of futures for it. :laugh:

I'm just thinking we're really not in a position to be selling the farm (or much land off said farm, for that matter) right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad