Waived: [TBL] F Alex Barre-Boulet waived by the Lightning (cleared)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The plot twist is Tampa Bay will be the team to claim Barre-Boulet. Didn't get bounce back and forth between Seattle and Tampa a few times a couple of years ago?

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
ABB is still better than Sheary, I was surprised to see IM-1 land on moon before Sheary to be honest…

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'll never understand how anyone could talk shit on this guy. So much undeserved disrespect from TB fans. Dude has been grinding for years. OK fine he's not an everyday player, so what? This guy can play, definitely has the ability to benefit NHL teams offensively in the right situation if a lineup spot opens up. I don't know if he gets claimed this time but a change of scenery could do him some good.

He was playing out of his comfort zone in TB. You could tell he tried to engage himself in aspects of the game he isn't suited for, down in the lineup, where his skill can't really shine. He can be a dangerous, shifty guy in the offensive zone and make things happen. Wish him the best.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not someone big on the advanced stats but found this interesting regarding ABB

MSN
  • Individual expected goals created per 60 (iXG/60): 6th
  • Individual unblocked shots attempted per 60 (iFF/60): 9th
  • Individual scoring chances created per 60 (iSCF/60): 7th
  • Individual high-danger scoring chances created per-60 (iHDCF/60): 5th
  • Takeaways/60: 6th
  • Penalties drawn/60: 12th
  • Giveaways/60: 11th
Where Barré-Boulet falls short is his lack of hits and penalty killing while being an extremely low rate-shooter with a low volume of rush attempts and rebounds created at 5-on-5. HockeyViz.com shows that most of his attempts on goal at 5-on-5 have come from the dirty areas around the net—

Is this someone that maybe could blossom elsewhere or a case where the advanced stats show a picture, but only a limited one that is propped up by limited ice time and when he played with Point/Kuch?

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
I'd respond with a smart ass comment, but you're Stelio Kontos

Sorry I actually wasn’t trying to be a douche but I don’t see jeannot getting traded unless it’s a overpayment like how Tampa got him.

I can offer you a slightly used Austin Watson though..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad