Confirmed Trade: [TB/LA] 2018 7th round pick for Bokondji Imama

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I can confirm TB haven't tried to sign him at all.

Nice trade for LA, has potential to become a good 4th liner in the league. His heart is bigger then the world.

How can you confirm this, are you some sort of insider? Do you know him personally?

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Boko is a decent player, I can see him have a solid AHL career, not sure he can crack into the NHL but who knows, maybe he find a spot as a fourth-liner?

Given our contract situation (number of contracts) + we have lot of other prospects ahead of him signing this is move makes sense.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Don't let the numbers fool you. This was a man playing with a bunch of boys, which lead to him overpowering defensemen in front of the net. I'll be surprised if he's able to score more than 5 per season in the NHL, if he makes it there.
Why did you quote me here?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Hey, I remember when this guy spit on a ref, hit a ref, and then tried to fight a fan

I don't remember the trying fight a fan bit. The crowd was pissed at Imama, so I would not be surprised if he had some serious jawing and verbal sparring with one or more fans, but the clips I always saw cut off before seeing any fan interaction. Unless this was a different time than the other things you said.

As for the other things you said, I can't condone the way Imama handled the situation, but for truth's sake it deserves to be cleared up.

Imama did not spit on a ref.
While being ushered off the ice, he spat at the opposing goalie.
Super disrespectful, but different than spitting on the goalie, and especially the ref.

Imama also did not hit a ref, per se. No more than incidental contact while trying to hit the opposing player. Again, I can't condone trying to hit the opposing player by reaching over and around the referee while the player is being detained by the referees, but that is something you frankly see often enough in hockey, at most levels.

The context of it all was that Imama's 20 year old opponent in question decided to corner, rough up, and then punch Imama's 15 year old teammate - which, for the record, taking into account exceptional player exceptions and the CHL rulebook is legal, at least by my understanding.

But legal or not, Imama was very protective of his teammate, Veleno, and felt that the opposing player, Bent, crossed a line. He hopped the bench, and went right after Bent. That's when the refs got involved, and Imama kept fighting, which lead to him being ushered off, past the opposing goalie, and showered by boos by the opposing home crowd.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not sure why Stevie even drafted this guy. I rather gamble on a smaller player who just needs to work on their confidence.

I don't expect a Zetterberg or Datsyuk show up in the 7th round these days with how advanced the scouting is today but we got Palat pretty late so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad