Confirmed Trade: [TB/LA] 2018 7th round pick for Bokondji Imama

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Scored 41 goals in 66 games this year, 55 points total. Last year he had 7 goals and 19 points in 40 something games played. Not that impressive for his age but still cool for a tough guy. Could be a solid 4th liner but I don't see much more than that. Although I do think LA gets the better end here (although a very very minor trade) 5th round+ doesn't excite me this draft compared to others. Imama is likely better than anyone Tampa picks in the 7th although I doubt either makes the NHL

The pick is next year

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Yeah, it makes sense from both sides. Sounds like Tampa was nearly at their contract limit and had other prospects they valued more highly - no room for Imama.

Meanwhile, the Kings' cupboard is bare, and they need to add however they can.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Says the poster called Snoop Dog...:laugh:
Dunno man. Snoop Dogg is a creative name. I think if he became a rapper, he would become world renown. Free advice, Snoop Dogg. If you ever follow the advice, I'd appreciate a tiny finders fee.

I wonder if this is to make a spot for Darren Raddysh...
That's the common belief. Or just to make room for another contract. But Raddysh is the obvious guess for right now.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Don't know if he ever would make it to LA, if signed, but I would think the toughness is more appealing than anything for LA. Low risk chance to add grit.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Dunno man. Snoop Dogg is a creative name. I think if he became a rapper, he would become world renown. Free advice, Snoop Dogg. If you ever follow the advice, I'd appreciate a tiny finders fee.

That's the common belief. Or just to make room for another contract. But Raddysh is the obvious guess for right now.

Where do you think the Snoop in Snoop Dogg comes from?

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I can confirm TB haven't tried to sign him at all.

Nice trade for LA, has potential to become a good 4th liner in the league. His heart is bigger then the world.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It seems like guys with 'Cy Young' type numbers in juniors almost always suck.

Don't let the numbers fool you. This was a man playing with a bunch of boys, which lead to him overpowering defensemen in front of the net. I'll be surprised if he's able to score more than 5 per season in the NHL, if he makes it there.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Nice project acquisition for the Kings.

Say what you will about Imama's man-among-boys narrative, his snipe in the Mem Cup was a legit goal, in my eyes.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
How does a person even go about scoring 41 goals with only 14 assists

That's Peter Bondra styles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad