GDT: TB @ DET | 01/07/2018 | 7:00pm EST

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I don't know that I've been so disappointed in Blashill during a game. The linesmen made an obvious error. It wasn't even borderline.

He should've been screaming at them the whole time to have the faceoff at center ice. He should've been yelling for them to come over and explain it to him. If that didn't do it, after the goal was scored he should've been throwing a ****fit. Throw a bottle on the ice. Scream your ass off. Get kicked out of the game. Look like you care.

Blashill should be screaming at his own self.

Sit your backup for a month and then put him in against the best team in the league?
Who's powerplay is that? That's his team right?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Blashill should be screaming at his own self.

Sit your backup for a month and then put him in against the best team in the league?
Who's powerplay is that? That's his team right?
Well yeah, agree on both counts.

I meant being specifically disappointed with him during a game.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Jesus f*** even the Sens beat them. We couldn't on them being on a backn2back

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
After seeing some of the highlights of the fights and physical stuff, Im' on board for dressing Witkowski. Tampa made Detroit their bitch on the scoreboard and with the physical stuff.

Reactions: gbdet

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
They played with passion this game and that's just about the best I can expect out of them at this point. f*** Tampa.

Reactions: aar000n

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Wings absolutely could and should have executed better, especially in terms of finishing. But I am sorry, those four officials shouldn't work another game at this level, they were embarrassing. The Wings aren't good enough to overcome incompetent officiating against the best team in the league. See that as a cop out, I know that it will even out in our favor at some point in terms of the calls. But against that team, with Larkin's fight invigorating the team, Point not getting slapped with 17 minutes and then the third and fourth goals that shouldn't count it was too tough a hill to climb.

For them to show up and outplay a team that has dominated them and get screwed by incompetent officiating is just too much for me. Look at it however you like, that is my take away. Maybe I will cool down tomorrow but this is about all I can post within the sites rules I am that annoyed with what I just watched.

As much as I hate Tampa, I do wish the best to Girardi, that was very frightening.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Lots of blaming the officials. Lots of calls could have gone against Detroit. Abdelkader could have been called for charging or boarding 3 separate times.

The blame here is clear:
Wings blew two 5 on 3s.
Wings gave up 3 high quality scoring chances on defensive errors.

You can beat the f***ing Panthers doing that. You're going to have a tougher time beating the Lightning.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lots of blaming the officials. Lots of calls could have gone against Detroit. Abdelkader could have been called for charging or boarding 3 separate times.

The blame here is clear:
Wings blew two 5 on 3s.
Wings gave up 3 high quality scoring chances on defensive errors.

You can beat the ****ing Panthers doing that. You're going to have a tougher time beating the Lightning.

Spade is a spade, those guys tainted the game pretty badly tonight.

The Wings can look at the areas they control. There is plenty to work on there.

But I don't have to be happy that they just got ****** by people that are supposed to be at the height of their profession and did a pathetic job tonight.

Finish on the PP is a must. The three turnovers on goals 1, 2 & 5 were egregious. But by the NHL rulebook goals 3 and 4 shouldn't happen. It greatly impacted the proceedings and while the officials don't always enter the discussion. Again there is the even out theory over the season, but it is terrible to watch the game where you're on the short-end for sure.

Also again don't forget that Point should have absolutely received 17 minutes worth of penalties. So they should have been down their #2 C an entire period for that. You know if we are calling the rulebook that we have agreed to play games with.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I just watched the game after knowing the final score before I started. Don't normally do that but glad I did. That was a great hockey game.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Went to the game, and all I can say is this, Tampa Bay, is simply better, stronger, more skilled and will do anything to :ha: an opponents brains out. Give some kudos to the Wings, given how soft they are, to have some fire and grit to stay in the game. Good example of why this team needs to take a real look at who they are in comparison to who they just played, and realize its not worth trying to win. Thats all :) #tankon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad