Proposal: Taylor Hall to Dallas

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No way I do this as a Stars fan. No interest in Hall whatsoever, no because he's bad or anything but because Stars shouldn't be acquiring rentals, and they certainly shouldn't be signing a guy like Hall if he's not a rental.

The Stars likely won't make the playoffs this season. Even if they do, Hintz, Radulov, and Kiviranta won't be healthy, Khudobin has not been good, Bishop will probably get re-injured when he comes back and if not who knows how good he will even be, no one knows how Seguin will perform when he's back, etc.

Team plays every other day for the rest of the season and have already been doing that for a month. I'd assume more injuries are coming...This is not the season to make a push.

On top of all of that, I wouldn't move Damiani for a rental.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The last thing I want is for Jim Nill to think he's a buyer at the trade deadline. :laugh:

If Dallas was 2nd or 3rd I'd be all over this, knowing Bishop should be back soon to share the net with Oettinger. But with Dallas being such a tire fire I just don't see the point in selling futures for Hall.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Dallas has 7-8 games before the deadline, right?
If you do the trade now and everything falls apart in those games you could probably retain 50% and get more for Hall in return since he'd be down to 2 million.

As a Sabres fan this is the kind of return I'd be happy with. If you have any use of a multi tool bottom line forward Lazar has been good for us and then we have the reclamation project of Montour. Any of them can be had as a bonus...

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think if Taylor and Tyler ever played on the same team, the universe would implode on itself.

It's like dividing by zero. Or Googling "Google".

Probably a safe for the universe if you guys didn't entertain this thought.

Reactions: catters078

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Maybe stems from Brian Lawton speculating Dallas was in on Hall. It’s a lot to pay for a rental, especially one with the reputation Hall seems to have, but the Stars have to be looking at their one-goal losses and wondering what one more scorer could do.

If they are looking at their one goal loses and wondering how to turn them into two goal loses then signing hall is the sure fire solution...

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
As a Stars fan I say no. I don't think they should be pushing to make any kind of a run this year and I really don't feel that Hall will make any difference to them with making the playoffs or not. Just giving away assets for nothing from my perspective. If Hall isn't scoring in Buffalo I don't think it gets any better in Dallas. He would arguably have less support on Dallas with their injuries.

I know Dallas is aging and the window is closing, but that doesn't mean that you try to force something that just isn't there this year. I would prefer to keep the assets, get healthy, and start fresh next year. This year has been a mess for them with injuries and how COVID has impacted their schedule in particular and should just be considered a write-off like many other things these days.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
... While Buffalo isn't a Taylor Hall away from contending, he's a guy I wouldn't be upset if he's brought back under a reasonable contract because he gives a 100% every shift, makes hits, takes punishment, and by all impressions leads on the ice. He has obvious faults: 2 goals on the year (but that's pretty much the case for the entire roster,) good at getting breakaways but not scoring on them, and at times makes bad passes into traffic when he should be shooting in certain situations, but he still brings much more positives to the game than he takes away

For all the dumping on him that goes on here, that's the same impression he left on many Coyotes' fans. Hall came here just before Kuemper went down to injury. It's not Hall's fault that the team subsequently took a nosedive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad