• John Tavares

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Steven Stamkos

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's nice to see Stamkos making a comeback, but I've preferred JT out of the two since 2014-15.

Reactions: Jot

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Tavares is the better, more rounded player.

This one has become pretty easy despite previously being a toss up.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Whaaaaa???

Stamkos in the midst of the best season of his career thus far :dunno:
Yeah, great offensive output, but Tavares isn’t far behind and has far more depth to his game. He’s more versatile and brings more to the table at the centre position.

I take him without a second thought.

Reactions: authentic

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah, great offensive output, but Tavares isn’t far behind and has far more depth to his game. He’s more versatile and brings more to the table at the centre position.

I take him without a second thought.
Stamkos is a well rounded player too. His defensive game gets overlooked but it is in the same ballpark as JT's.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tavares is the better, more rounded player.

This one has become pretty easy despite previously being a toss up.
The idea that Tavares isn't a train wreck defensively is one of the most curious ones I've seen. He's really bad on that third of the ice.

Reactions: Master P

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
:laugh: ....I don’t even..... If Tavares is a train wreck, Stamkos is 9/11. I don’t think either is true, but the margin should stay consistent.
He's been on the ice for more goals than any other forward in the league by a long shot. He's never been good defensively, but it was a narrative created by idiots to beef up a player they like.

Stamkos isn't good defensively either, but I would take him 10/10 times for a D zone shift over Tavares.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He's been on the ice for more goals than any other forward in the league by a long shot. He's never been good defensively, but it was a narrative created by idiots to beef up a player they like.

Stamkos isn't good defensively either, but I would take him 10/10 times for a D zone shift over Tavares.
The Isles have terrible goaltending and Tavares gets top competition - I’d expect him to take his share of minuses, but that doesn’t make him a bad defender. He’s actually a pretty good one.

Not sure who the idiots are you’re referring to, but they were on to something.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
The idea that Tavares isn't a train wreck defensively is one of the most curious ones I've seen. He's really bad on that third of the ice.

He is one of the best defensive forwards on the Isles. I'd take only Bailey and Cizikas over him in that regard actually.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
The Isles have terrible goaltending and Tavares gets top competition - I’d expect him to take his share of minuses, but that doesn’t make him a bad defender. He’s actually a pretty good one.

Not sure who the idiots are you’re referring to, but they were on to something.

Tavares has been overrated defensively for some time. I rarely see someone make an argument for Stamkos defensively.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
JT isnt too far removed from finishing 8th in Selke voting i believe...sounds pretty overrated to me
Important word bolded. Narrative plays a colossal role in who gets votes. And 8th? That could be as few as what - a handful of lower place votes?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Important word bolded. Narrative plays a colossal role in who gets votes. And 8th? That could be as few as what - a handful of lower place votes?

The guy finished top 10 in the league in Selke voting...my point is you are trying to down play him like he is not a good defender, bad defenders dont get any Selke votes...im curious, because i am having trouble finding an answer on the internet, whats the highest Stamkos has finished in the Selke race? (Serious question)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad