Proposal: Tavares to MTL

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If Montreal is interested in Tavares, let's start with who you don't want to trade and go from there. Not who you want to get rid of. Montreal doesn't have a 1 for 1 like Johanson/Jones.

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Tavares is worth nothing ...Islanders have to trade him at the deadline for whatever the best offer is ...or they get nothing.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Tavares is worth nothing ...Islanders have to trade him at the deadline for whatever the best offer is ...or they get nothing.
If Tavares leaves they get nothing. If NY sign him they get Tavares for 8 years.
Let's remember this for next year when Patches is in his last year. If Montreal doesn't trade him at the deadline they get nothing.

Reactions: periferal

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pacioretty will not be traded for Tavares...If Tavares leaves long island they are rebuilding, not taking on a 28 year old...Galchenyuk,Lekonen,Juulsen, 1st 2nd
No interest in Chucky, a winger who cannot or will not play a responsible two way game.
Even less interest in the meh prospects offered up.Isles have multiple 1st and 2nd for the 2018 draft already

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

I'm gonna need at least seven more posts from you about how Tavares is worth absolutely nothing before you get your point across.

Let's aim for 8-9 redundant repetitions of the same uninformed statement just so everyone knows John Tavares is barely worth a 2nd.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Why would anyone give anything for Tavares the Islanders will lose him for nothing if he is not traded by the trade deadline i offer a 2nd.

And after laughing their ***** off, the isles politely decline and hang up.

Habs fans penciling Tavares into their lineup, ignore that he is not signing on with a lottery team, which Montreal looks very much like.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tavares is going to be Stamkos 2.0. He'll re-sign just before he's about to be UFA. I think he loves playing for the Islanders too much to leave for any other team.

Tavares would have to be stupid to sign with Montreal with Julien as their coach and Bergevin as their GM.

Besides NYI, the only team that makes sense from a needs and win perspective is the Blues if they can somehow find a way to get him and be under the cap.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What has he won ? Please don`t be talking about the Olympics or World JR gold or individual awards it means nothing The cup is all that matters
Sure nothing matters to show a person is a winner but a Cup when it suits your narrative. He has won a Calder Cup, WJ gold. Olympic Gold along with some nice individual awards. To say he is not a winner is just being obtuse or not knowing hockey at all.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Sure nothing matters to show a person is a winner but a Cup when it suits your narrative. He has won a Calder Cup, WJ gold. Olympic Gold along with some nice individual awards. To say he is not a winner is just being obtuse or not knowing hockey at all.
True or false Carey Price is a winner in the NHL ?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

If you know anything about Price you'd know he wouldn't even call himself a winner not yet anyway because he knows that statement is for Stanley Cup Champions

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Reporter to Gretzky what makes Crosby one of the best ever ? Answer Crosby wins when it matters most he's a winner.
Maybe you think Gretzky is obtuse or knows nothing also ? I'll side with Gretzky over you on this subject . Yes I know Price has had success but not in the playoffs and that's when it matters most.

Last edited:

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I'm gonna need at least seven more posts from you about how Tavares is worth absolutely nothing before you get your point across.

Let's aim for 8-9 redundant repetitions of the same uninformed statement just so everyone knows John Tavares is barely worth a 2nd.
he's leaving get over it!

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What part of if the Islanders do not move him by the February 26th tradeline they get nothing for him....do you not understand....it is a fact.

What don't you understand about that many teams would be willing to give up a 1st+ a top prospect + for Tavares.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Reporter to Gretzky what makes Crosby one of the best ever ? Answer Crosby wins when it matters most he's a winner.
Maybe you think Gretzky is obtuse or knows nothing also ? I'll side with Gretzky over you on this subject . Yes I know Price has had success but not in the playoffs and that's when it matters most.

What the hell does bring a quote about Crosby from Gretzky have to do with Carey Price? He struggled in all but one playoff early in his career , but Price has been great to excellent in the last three playoffs and who knows what might have happened in 2014 had he not been injured. The last two playoff appearances are hardly on Price, it's hard to win without scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad