Proposal: Tavares to MTL

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
LOL. Montreal has no one on the team, or in the system, that could get them Tavares. Maybe if they tank for 3-4 years, they might. But not at this time.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Galchenyuk is a UFA in 3 seasons including this one.

Pacioretty is a a UFA in 2 seasons including this one.

A 1st round pick is good.

I don't think the Islanders have any interest in this deal. I suspect they want players that are guaranteed to be with their franchise for many years to come if they are moving Tavares. For example, I suspect they'd be more interested in a package from Ottawa of:

Chabot (ELC)
White (ELC)
1st round pick

Which isn't to say they would or should accept that, just that it's more the basis of a deal I think they'd be looking for. I think Sergachev would have been an interesting piece to them.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

I don't think the Islanders have any interest in this deal. I suspect they want players that are guaranteed to be with their franchise for many years to come if they are moving Tavares. For example, I suspect they'd be more interested in a package from Ottawa of:

Chabot (ELC)
White (ELC)
1st round pick

Which isn't to say they would or should accept that, just that it's more the basis of a deal I think they'd be looking for.

I would accept this if things are looking bleak at the TDL. As to the OP... no

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Pacioretty will not be traded for Tavares...If Tavares leaves long island they are rebuilding, not taking on a 28 year old...Galchenyuk,Lekonen,Juulsen, 1st 2nd

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Chabot (ELC)
White (ELC)
1st round pick

Which isn't to say they would or should accept that, just that it's more the basis of a deal I think they'd be looking for. I think Sergachev would have been an interesting piece to them.
Funny guy.
Let me see Patches,Chucky and the Habs 1st or Chabot,White and the Sens 1st pick

Patches >>>>> White enough said. Why bother to go on.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Grant Mccagg suggested galchenyuk, juulsen, lindgren, poehling/ikonen, 2019 first and/or 2018 2nd depending on if it’s poehling or ikonen...for John Tavares.

That...is...a lot.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Grant Mccagg suggested galchenyuk, juulsen, lindgren, poehling/ikonen, 2019 first and/or 2018 2nd depending on if it’s poehling or ikonen...for John Tavares.

That...is...a lot.

Tavares is great but you simply dont give this much quality prsopect for one player when you have weak prospect pool and for sure not for a soon to be UFA. Its way too risky in everyway, you have to think about every possibilities, imagine giving this much of a package. Tavares gets an career ending injury. You are literally tanking for the next 6 years

Reactions: bleuetbio

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah I can do galchenyuk, juulsen, lindgren, and a 1st and maybe even another pick But poehling is where I draw the line. I believe in that kid. And that that has to be for a signed Tavares. No way can we give up that and have him bolt to Tampa bay or something

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No it's not.. We're 2-3 players away from a cup, they just won't send 'em our way for Halak 2nd and who's the other guy again?

With that one having run its course and the devils' "Merril and a 3rd" running joke ending thanks to Vegas, I really wonder what will be the next meme-worthy proposal that will take over reddit and this place

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad