Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
...why?

If you don't want to talk about Taveras, then don't.
Uh huh..... the whole Tavares leaving NY hinges on the future of where they play. Untill that ball drops....keep the dream alive.

Tavares is so god damn good at hockey.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The fact he's lighting it up only hurts our chances and increases his already absurd value. I'm not expecting Tavares and this is the NHL so he'll probably resign.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The fact he's lighting it up only hurts our chances and increases his already absurd value. I'm not expecting Tavares and this is the NHL so he'll probably resign.
Tavares value wont really change, mainly because he's John Tavares.

The building debacle isnt supposed to be settled till after the TDL. The hopes of a trade was the Islanders being terrible and Snow worrying about JT not re-signing along with an abysmal season. I still think that he ultimately re-signs but its still a fun dream to have. This isn't a Blues fan isolated though either. Stl is mentioned as a logical destination of he leaves the Islanders.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Sigh...can we deep six this thread?

I'll make you a deal, if you stop reading the Blues forum, I promise you will never read another word about Tavares being traded on the Blues forum. Until then, other people apparently want to discuss it. When nobody wants to discuss it, the thread will go away on its own accord. Posting in it to bitch about it just gives it another bump....and other bumps as people reply to your request.

Reactions: Halak Ness Monster

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I doubt he becomes a Blue as amazing as that would be, it just doesn't seem like a trade the Blues make. I don't see them signing him as an FA either. Just all hunches here. He will get HUGE money to go to a Canadian team and never win a cup. Just like many other high profile players.

Though I have this weird feeling he will be in Detroit and they will suddenly be a cream of the crop team again.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why? Did he re-sign with the Islanders?
You are telling we've really good change to acquire JT from Islanders at TDL or just under draft 2018 or UFA market?

I think this is just stupid building up hopes for JT if there is really JT or Islanders writed in article or some kinf of tweet that 'St. Louis Blues are top of JT's list of teams where he would want to go.'

If there is really facts about JT coming here in Blues jersey this topic should be pinned, but either on that its just fantasy boys building up too much hopes for nothing.

And yes keep posting in this thread, its just good we've some activity and just for laughs threads in this board other then @TheDizee prediction. :popcorn:

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
You are telling we've really good change to acquire JT from Islanders at TDL or just under draft 2018 or UFA market?

I think this is just stupid building up hopes for JT if there is really JT or Islanders writed in article or some kinf of tweet that 'St. Louis Blues are top of JT's list of teams where he would want to go.'

If there is really facts about JT coming here in Blues jersey this topic should be pinned, but either on that its just fantasy boys building up too much hopes for nothing.

And yes keep posting in this thread, its just good we've some activity and just for laughs threads in this board other then @TheDizee prediction. :popcorn:
I think they're saying that as long as JT isn't signed there's a chance, no matter how slim, there's a chance.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I agree the Blues have little to no chance winning his autograph in free-agency. But if JT hasn’t re-signed doesn’t Snow HAVE to trade him? That is a franchise that can not afford to let their star walk. Hoping for the Stamkos contract-situation to replay is a dangerous game for that franchise. As in...Kansas City Former-Islanders, dangerous. The can survive him being traded for a bounty. They can’t afford to watch him walk in free agency.

If he gets dealt; Blues would be the odds-on betting favorites.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
He'd have an elite supporting cast if he came here. :dunno:

Top #3 D-Man: Check.
Top #5 Winger: Check.
Top #5-10 Goalie: Check.

He's the last piece of the puzzle, and in typical Bluesy fashion, he's just out of our reach. :(

Last edited:

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I agree the Blues have little to no chance winning his autograph in free-agency. But if JT hasn’t re-signed doesn’t Snow HAVE to trade him? That is a franchise that can not afford to let their star walk. Hoping for the Stamkos contract-situation to replay is a dangerous game for that franchise. As in...Kansas City Former-Islanders, dangerous. The can survive him being traded for a bounty. They can’t afford to watch him walk in free agency.

If he gets dealt; Blues would be the odds-on betting favorites.
Imagine the stain left on a franchise that let John Tavares walk for nothing. I'm fully expecting a deal to be made but you'd think they would have it done by now. An interesting thing to keep an eye on, for sure.

Reactions: shmotz

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m not giving much for an unsigned Taveras. This franchise can’t afford to give up valuable assets on a gamble. We finally have a good prospect pool and I don’t want to go that route again. We’ve done that before and it hasn’t panned out. Let’s keep building

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have to admit, JT is just about perfect for the Blues, but I also wouldn't sell the farm for him unless his signature is on a contract.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I’m not giving much for an unsigned Taveras. This franchise can’t afford to give up valuable assets on a gamble. We finally have a good prospect pool and I don’t want to go that route again. We’ve done that before and it hasn’t panned out. Let’s keep building

You wouldn't throw a handful of maybes at the Islanders for one guaranteed playoff run of this squad PLUS Tavares? That team would be instant Cup-favorites. A better situation may never present itself. We could have another Nagy-Handzus-Bartecko line coming up soon...but does that two years from now give you a better shot than now with this team?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I understand not selling the entire farm for Taveras, but do people realize how deep our pool is? And do those same people understand the limit to our prospects' potential? We have about 12 prospects with legitimate NHL potential. However I don't think any of them have all-star level potential. Are people really not willing to give up 3 of those guys for Taveras? Because that's the most I'd see the Blues giving up, and that's ridiculously unlikely.

I love our prospects as much as anyone, In fact, I was arguing we had a good pool even before 2016. But not a single one of them has the game breaking ability Taveras has. The highest I see any of our forward prospects reaching is being a good 2nd liner. Everyone has a fatal flaw that I think will result in them not hitting anything higher. In other words, not one would hit the level Taveras is now. Could I be wrong? Of course. But I'm taking the gamble if it ever arises.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You wouldn't throw a handful of maybes at the Islanders for one guaranteed playoff run of this squad PLUS Tavares? That team would be instant Cup-favorites. A better situation may never present itself. We could have another Nagy-Handzus-Bartecko line coming up soon...but does that two years from now give you a better shot than now with this team?

They wont be asking for Sanford, Barbashev and Blais types, they will be asking for Thomas, Kostin and Kyrou types. No thanks

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I understand your POV, but maybe I'm just not a gambler by nature. Say we gave up one or more of Thomas, Kostin, Thompson, Kyrou or Dunn, and then lost in the 1st round because, I dunno, ...Jake had an untimely meltdown, or... Pietro got injured. Then we get to see JT walk. I would be beside myself in rage. We also don't have a 1st, so we'd be giving up our 2nd which means we don't draft until the 3rd round in a deep draft year. I know it's pessimistic, but I can't get beyond the things that could go wrong if we trade for a rental, even one like Tavares.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Everyone on the table except Kostin and Kyrou (from a prospects perspective, just to clarify).

There, I said it.

EDIT: Caveat - He MUST sign here. Period.

I think we can all agree that we're not selling the farm for a rental.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Everyone on the table except Kostin and Kyrou (from a prospects perspective, just to clarify).

There, I said it.

EDIT: Caveat - He MUST sign here. Period.

I think we can all agree that we're not selling the farm for a rental.
Interesting. I would say everyone but Kostin and Thomas. I do like Kyrou, though. I would actually go further and say Kostin, Thomas, Kyrou, Thompson and Dunn are, pretty much, off the table for a rental. For me, Thomas would be the only untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad