Post-Game Talk: Tavares' Old Team vs Stanley Cup Champions 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
What a fight for that last playoff spot! Loving it. Should go right down to the end.

What's the consensus here, do we want Pens to make the playoffs or to miss the playoffs?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What a fight for that last playoff spot! Loving it. Should go right down to the end.

What's the consensus here, do we want Pens to make the playoffs or to miss the playoffs?

I want Pitt in the 8th spot to be grist for TB in the first round. Don't want them anywhere near a rigged lottery to get Hughes.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I want Pitt in the 8th spot to be grist for TB in the first round. Don't want them anywhere near a rigged lottery to get Hughes.

Hahaha, the hate is strong with you.

I can't decide what I want more, the pleasure of watching them miss the playoffs or the pleasure of beating them in the playoffs. The former is nice, the latter is orgasmic.

Reactions: Portable Mink

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
A side note..we are 6 points from falling out of the playoffs. If I see another post saying we are saving physical play for the playoffs I'm gonna puke..this team is fighting for their lives to make the playoffs.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well..that was a little bit of a surprise..way to go boys in the third

Why? :dunno:

They were outplaying the Isles and it was 0-1. I was pretty confident they would win or at least get a point.

A side note..we are 6 points from falling out of the playoffs. If I see another post saying we are saving physical play for the playoffs I'm gonna puke..this team is fighting for their lives to make the playoffs.

Well six points and five teams.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Ok gimme good/bad.

**** yeah 2 points lloyd
+
Kempny
Oshie (charlie hustle, esp. in 3rd)
Ovie
Jensen
Vrana
Wilson (good PK work)
Hags in 3rd period defend-the-lead mode

-
Eller
Conno
Kuz
Fresh pizza deliveries & own-end fumbles by Orlov, scorpik, nisky

I guess Holts, Carlson, and backy solid too. Not a ton was asked of 70, but he did what was necessary.

Bura made some mistakes, but also did some good things. He doesn’t bug me as much as he used to. At least lately he seems more aggressive and engaged

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
OK let's see if this argument holds water. The turtle always loses and Trotz has always been accused of turtling while he coached here. Yet his record with the Caps was 204 wins, 89 losses and 34 ot losses. 2 presidents trophies and a cup.
I dont buy it.
Wow more puck luck
Omg are you kidding me. You can't even admit that we got a couple lucky bounces. Spoken like a true homer.
lol
I havent been overly impressed with Hagelin.
what's the problem, the guy is basically the anti-Vrana on the offense/defense spectrum, I'm surprised you're not cutting his pictures out of a magazine right now.

Is it getting too hard to be contrary to everyone at once?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Great 2 points.

But we need to do something with the starts of the games. You can't do that in the playoffs, the D will be tighter and it will be difficult to come back.

Ovi with the 45th :clap:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
it had to be an emotional last two games for the Isles. They are putting together a really good team. that game was kinda intense

It's now or never for them -- the window closes with Clutterbuck and Martin. Those guys are really old in dog years.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Has no one posted the Ovie hovering over the coliseum photo? Really?

In other news, Barzal has the goods.

Oh yeah, and it’s looking like GMBM has become a deadline God in addition to being godlike in all other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad