Value of: Tatar to LA Kings

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Vilardi is a nice prospect, but how confident are you he's going to be a consistent 20+ goal guy in the NHL? How many years in the NHL does he need before he can contribute? Kings have to win now, not four years from now.

He's easily worth a 1st round pick or Vilardi, especially at his cap hit and term.

We're not trading villardi for tatar, forget that. Thats horseshit saying we must win now, so obviously have to move our top prospect.

Id offer martinez for tatar since now we have that ugly looking f***er on the blueline, unless you want him instead

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
They can be pretty confident Vilardi will be a 20 goal scoring winger in my opinion.
Based on what? He hasn't even played a pro hockey game yet. Rolling the dice that Vilardi is going to be able to step in and contribute as early as next season is a huge risk, especially for a team with Cup aspirations. I'm pretty sure Kopitar would prefer to have Tatar on his wing right now than Vilardi lighting up junior leagues.

We're not trading villardi for tatar, forget that. Thats horse**** saying we must win now, so obviously have to move our top prospect.

Id offer martinez for tatar since now we have that ugly looking ****er on the blueline, unless you want him instead

Um, it's not like Tatar is a rental. He's in his prime with three more years left on his deal. I guess have fun trying to get out of the first round and waste another season of Drew Doughty.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I don't think Tatar is worth either of those. They can be pretty confident Vilardi will be a 20 goal scoring winger in my opinion. So long as the projections at center aren't being thrown out I believe a lot of things about Vilardi, it is only when people drop that position on him that I just don't see the skating. Dany Heatley or Corey Perry well he should be able to pull that off in my opinion if it all goes ideally.

Our boy toffoli had / has skating questions too, still potted 30 on an anemic kings offense

Reactions: deaderhead28

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Um, it's not like Tatar is a rental. He's in his prime with three more years left on his deal. I guess have fun trying to get out of the first round and waste another season of Drew Doughty.

We have carter coming back also, so our 'need' for tatar isnt that great. Im not even certain we could fit tatars cap after doughty re ups anyway

Skippy73

Oct 15, 2016
Bikini Bottom
Yeah, I don't think any reasonable Detroit fan is expecting Vilardi as a possible return for Tatar. As mentioned though, he's consistently put up 20+ goals on a poor offensive team (as of the last couple seasons) and has term left at a reasonable cap hit. It's going to cost a bit to get him

Blake456

Jan 1, 2018
You people need to use your brain when it comes to LA. They’ve been trying to win cups for 5-6 years now, and have depleted there prospects pool doing just that. So it’s not that Tatar isn’t worth anything, but they won’t give their 1st, 2nd, valardi, JAD, or clague to do it. So to me doesn’t leave much left that Detroit would want

Reactions: LAKings88

Winger23

May 3, 2007

WTF is with the last sentence. Yeah you act like adding Tatar is the only way to make the kings cup contenders. Newsflash, they still wouldn't be contenders.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I'd probably make the deal JAD + 2nd for Tatar. But I'd wait to see where LA is at the TDL. Its a tough ask. LA is low on good prospects, so I wouldn't make that move if the Kings don't have a chance.

I think it's a good deal and very rarely does this happen. JAD has the tools and reads the ice incredibly well. Detroit needs players like him in the system.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Our boy toffoli had / has skating questions too, still potted 30 on an anemic kings offense

He means skating concerns that Vilardi can be an NHL center. Not a chance I trade Vilardi for Tatar if i'm the KIngs.

I like JAD and a 2nd for Tatar. One of very few proposed deals around here for Tatar I would accept from the Wings POV. I think Tatar is a great fit in LA and has already shown chemistry with Kopitar. Tatar was at his best with bigger centers and wingers to give him more room to operate. His two best years in Detroit he had Sheahan at center and often Jurco on the other wing. He just really doesn't work well with Zetterberg/Nielsen because nobody is creating space on those lines.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
what is LAK D prospects looking like? I know Vilardi is completely off limits, understandably, and OP mentions Clague, any other notable prospects?

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Based on what? He hasn't even played a pro hockey game yet. Rolling the dice that Vilardi is going to be able to step in and contribute as early as next season is a huge risk, especially for a team with Cup aspirations. I'm pretty sure Kopitar would prefer to have Tatar on his wing right now than Vilardi lighting up junior leagues.

You're not getting Vilardi from any sane individual, unless you offer something real.
LA is reportedly saying no to Paccioretty or Evander Kane because they want Vilardi.
You think Tatar pries him loose?

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Vilardi is a nice prospect, but how confident are you he's going to be a consistent 20+ goal guy in the NHL? How many years in the NHL does he need before he can contribute? Kings have to win now, not four years from now.

He's easily worth a 1st round pick or Vilardi, especially at his cap hit and term.
How confident are you that ANY prospect that hasn't seen the NHL can contribute greatly in 3-4 years after being drafted? It doesn't mean you trade your highest ranked prospect for someone like Tatar.....unless you're Washington and have Forsberg to give up for Martin f***ing Erat.

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I would trade Amadio for Tartar We have jad and Vilardi coming Getting Tartar fill the lw spot we need with Kopitar The have played well together in international play.It also allows the 70 line to stay put and leaves a talented 3rd line of iafallo kempe lewis

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Unless you plan on playing Tatar on the power play I don't see how he helps the kings. He's trending down 5 on 5, and does most of his scoring on the power play now.

He's relatively invisible at even strength, but still good with the man advantage, as some have hinted at he needs space to be effective so he might not help you unless he's used right

Last edited:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Yeah, I don't think any reasonable Detroit fan is expecting Vilardi as a possible return for Tatar. As mentioned though, he's consistently put up 20+ goals on a poor offensive team (as of the last couple seasons) and has term left at a reasonable cap hit. It's going to cost a bit to get him

JAD and a Second is a very fair deal for Tatar and it doesn't hurt the Kings either. Having a scoring C with his speed, ability to read the ice and attitude would be a great get for the Wings system. You would have Larkin, JAD and Rasmussen as a very good base of young players up the middle. The second round pick would only add to the depth they need in the organization.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
Tatar is a high end complementary player. His current stats are more related to the guy driving his line than him. Stick him with Kopitar and a competent D hes easily a 30 goal scorer. If you look at how he is being deployed internationally it is pretty clear GMs think the same. It would not be unreasonable to see him put up 40 goals with the right setup man or men. For whatever reason he is just one of those guys that gets chemistry with very specific people. On Detroit we simply do not have the passing or puck carriers from the D to utilize Tatar fully. Tatar is not a particularly skilled puck carrier.

I am not sure what he is worth but probably gets a 1st. Probably not Vilardi. Range is probably Mid Second and Upper Mid Prospect up to Vilardi (but not necessarily including).

razor ray

May 8, 2011
What salary is Detroit going to take back? No way a deal can get done without.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
JAD and a 2nd is ideal. Problem is the Kings would have to send salary back so either Thompson, Mitchell or Clifford.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I don't think Tatar is worth either of those. They can be pretty confident Vilardi will be a 20 goal scoring winger in my opinion. So long as the projections at center aren't being thrown out I believe a lot of things about Vilardi, it is only when people drop that position on him that I just don't see the skating. Dany Heatley or Corey Perry well he should be able to pull that off in my opinion if it all goes ideally.

I've said it before and I'll say it again guys like Tatar and Nyquist get a 2nd/3rd + as rentals. Why would Detroit accept rental pricing for assets that are locked up?

If LAK don’t want to trade Vilardi, that’s okay. Just don’t expect discount pricing on Detroit’s controlled assets.

Reactions: Wingsfan 4 life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad