Value of: Tatar to LA Kings

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I like JAD + 2nd round pick. Tatar provides goal scoring and will likely score anywhere from 20-30 goals each year he's under contract. This Wings team has little in the way of play making forwards or d-men and that's probably why his stats are so mediocre this year.

Detroit could probably eat salary to make the deal work.

Every day I check back and this is still the best fit for both teams.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would be game for JAD + 2nd especially if there was some salary retention.

The struggle would be trying to fit in Doughty's new deal after next season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I would be game for JAD + 2nd especially if there was some salary retention.

The struggle would be trying to fit in Doughty's new deal after next season.

Cap increase should cover Doughty I'd assume..

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
yes i did , dave semenko never scored 40 with Gretzky did he?

You cant take dog meat and turn it into filet mignon no matter how fancy you package it. Tatar on a pace for 10 even strength goals this year qualifies as dog meat

Dave Semenko was borderline Pejorative Slured.
Tatar scored 29 goals in an era where 29 goals is like 40 goals in Gretzky's era. And he did it without Gretzky.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Dave Semenko was borderline ******ed.
Tatar scored 29 goals in an era where 29 goals is like 40 goals in Gretzky's era. And he did it without Gretzky.
then like others have asked whats his excuse this season, you cant deny he's on pace for 10 even strength goals this season.

that does not a 40 goal scorer make, even gretzky couldnt make Semenko a star tatar gets more ice time and power play time than Athanasiou or Nielsen and yet the score better than Tatar at even strength,

why?

im just saying if you want the kings to pay a premium for a guy theres got to be a tangible reason right? here you are saying he'd be great with Kopitar but he's been invisible with Larkin and Zetterberg. if im the kings im asking how can you say that, what credible evidence is there to support that position?

heres the difference (and kings fans will tell you its the truth.) recently a kings fan asked what I thought of Brock Nelson who I see as pretty much a Tomas Tatar clone even down to the exact same salary, I said he has an elite shot, which he does, but I also said Brock needs a kick in the ass before every game if you want him to play his best because he disappears and is useless for weeks on end.

see I told the truth I didnt make up stories about how hes a future 40 goal scorer or that he's underutilized in NY. I basically called Nelson an unmotivated SOB. and yet Nelson has had 3 straight 20 goal seasons and is well on his way to a 4th

whats so hard about telling the truth?

Last edited:

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
I agree with McKenzie on the theory that Tatar is worth a 2nd. Whomever gets him has him 3 more years at 5.3 a year. That is expensive for a player who scores in the mid 40s for points. He also has a NTC next year and a limited NTC the two years after that, so the team that gets him can't expect to be able to move him if he doesn't work out.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
then like others have asked whats his excuse this season, you cant deny he's on pace for 10 even strength goals this season.

that does not a 40 goal scorer make, even gretzky couldnt make Semenko a star tatar gets more ice time and power play time than Athanasiou or Nielsen and yet the score better than Tatar at even strength,

why?

im just saying if you want the kings to pay a premium for a guy theres got to be a tangible reason right? here you are saying he'd be great with Kopitar but he's been invisible with Larkin and Zetterberg. if im the kings im asking how can you say that, what credible evidence is there to support that position?

heres the difference (and kings fans will tell you its the truth.) recently a kings fan asked what I thought of Brock Nelson who I see as pretty much a Tomas Tatar clone even down to the exact same salary, I said he has an elite shot, which he does, but I also said Brock needs a kick in the ass before every game if you want him to play his best because he disappears and is useless for weeks on end.

see I told the truth I didnt make up stories about how hes a future 40 goal scorer or that he's underutilized in NY. I basically called Nelson an unmotivated SOB. and yet Nelson has had 3 straight 20 goal seasons and is well on his way to a 4th

whats so hard about telling the truth?

One, Larkin isn't a great set up guy.
Two, he's not played much with Z over the last 2 months.
Three, he's having an off year and he's on pace for 22 goals.

I don't know what the f*** you're talking about with Brock Nelson.

I don't know why you're arguing about this so much.

I took issue with one stupid thing you said.
You said Tatar wouldn't score 40 with Gretzky in his prime.
And since he scored 29 splitting time with Datsyuk and Sheahan, I'm going to have to say he'd easily have scored 40 next to Gretzky in his prime.
Even factoring for the era alone, Tatar becomes a 35-40 goal man. Plus Gretzky???

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00