Seravalli: Tarasenko still wants to be traded, Blues gauging market on Krug

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Of course stl fans want to believe his dr…..who of course is going to say he’s perfect. Shoulder dislocations are frequently chronic…..surgery or not. Plenty of reason to be concerned about it, especially on top of the trade demand. This is all going into a obvious hf argument that now he’s worth a first and an amazing prospect with no retention because nothing is wrong. The player demanded a trade, he’s playing for a team he doesn’t want to play for with the potential for further injury. All season long I’ve seen Blues fans say there’s no trade request anymore because he’s scoring and everyone is happy….and yet here we are. He hasn’t been traded yet because no one would pay the price for obvious reasons. I’m sure there’s more interest now but I wouldn’t touch it for a high price. I wouldn’t want to rent him either though I’m sure the Canes are interested because they love a “distressed asset”.

Why do we care what narrative we believe when we are shopping him? I mean I hope for his sake that his long term prognosis is good, but only for the reason that he seems like a good guy and I'd wish the best for anyone. He likely isn't a part of my team's long term plans sadly. As for who we believe, we can believe any of the doctors. All said he should be fine as long as their is immedeate arthritis, which last season proved their wasn't. What doctor should we believe as they ALL say the chance for further injury is really small. And his own doctor isn't going to lie about a prognosis to the media. Direct lies could open him up to malpractice.

If anyone is choosing a narrative, it is you. You read a headline without reading the whole article and characterized even that in order to "win" a hypothetical trade on a hockey forum.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Why do we care what narrative we believe when we are shopping him? I mean I hope for his sake that his long term prognosis is good, but only for the reason that he seems like a good guy and I'd wish the best for anyone. He likely isn't a part of my team's long term plans sadly. As for who we believe, we can believe any of the doctors. All said he should be fine as long as their is immedeate arthritis, which last season proved their wasn't. What doctor should we believe as they ALL say the chance for further injury is really small. And his own doctor isn't going to lie about a prognosis to the media. Direct lies could open him up to malpractice.

If anyone is choosing a narrative, it is you. You read a headline without reading the whole article and characterized even that in order to "win" a hypothetical trade on a hockey forum.
Of course I read the whole article. I’m the one referring it. What I get from it is “he should be good…..but if he hurts it again he could done”. Shoulder dislocations are pretty frequently repeated regardless of surgery. You can’t say because he scored there’s no risk. Of course there’s risk. Pesce has a bad shoulder, and I assume he’s a ticking time bomb that way. I wouldn’t tell you there’s no risk associated with it in a trade thread. I’d absolutely get it if his value was less.

Risk of injury is only part of it. He had troubles with the team and he has a big contract issue coming up. If the price has gone back up to before surgery prices I wouldn’t touch it. I’m not a gm so you don’t have much to worry about.

If he was retained on some level and the price wasn’t outrageous it makes more sense but I’d rather put the assets required to land him somewhere else.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Of course I read the whole article. I’m the one referring it. What I get from it is “he should be good…..but if he hurts it again he could done”. Shoulder dislocations are pretty frequently repeated regardless of surgery. You can’t say because he scored there’s no risk. Of course there’s risk. Pesce has a bad shoulder, and I assume he’s a ticking time bomb that way. I wouldn’t tell you there’s no risk associated with it in a trade thread. I’d absolutely get it if his value was less.

Risk of injury is only part of it. He had troubles with the team and he has a big contract issue coming up. If the price has gone back up to before surgery prices I wouldn’t touch it. I’m not a gm so you don’t have much to worry about.

If he was retained on some level and the price wasn’t outrageous it makes more sense but I’d rather put the assets required to land him somewhere else.
I don't think anyone is saying he'll get some crazy return or that there's 0 risk. Teams will absolutely pay at a minimum, the rental cost of a player that produced what he did last season.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't think anyone is saying he'll get some crazy return or that there's 0 risk. Teams will absolutely pay at a minimum, the rental cost of a player that produced what he did last season.
There’s no reason to go back and forth on what he’ll bring, hopefully he gets moved this off season and we see. I’m sure they get something good back, just saying I wouldn’t want to pay the standard high price.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's naive to think his chances aren't higher.
Maybe slightly, although independent doctors said that following the most recent procedure, his chances of reinjury are very slim. Which could also be read to mean that his chances are actually lower due to increased post-surgical structural support, but I would be surprised if that were true. Regardless, according to the doctors, his chances of reinjury are not high.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
People ripping the Blues and refusing to believe anything that may not rip the Blues.

Aren't most trade proposals on here a case of people over valuing their teams players while under valuing other teams players, or thinking they can somehow get a bargain

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Whenever I see a thread on this forum that involves the Blues I can count on the following:

People ripping the Blues and refusing to believe anything that may not rip the Blues.

If it’s a trade proposal, a complete fleecing of the Blues.

A lot of hatred for the Blues.

To be fair that is roughly 90% of what is posted on the trade boards whether or not the Blues are involved in the thread or not.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Blues will have done themselves a huge service in not dealing Tank last summer.

I mentioned it then, should he come back and be the old Tank, they will get a haul and he shows both Reg Season and playoffs, that he is healthy.

Trade Tank for a haul, then sign Forsberg to replace him.

Retooling on the fly

Reactions: southsider

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So the Blues outbid everyone for Krug in free agency, get the two best (i.e. age 29 and 30) years on the contract while only paying him $4 million per year, and now want another team to take on the remaining 5 years (age 31-35) while paying him $7.5 million in actual cash per year?

I guess it wouldn't shock me if another GM was dumb enough to agree to that.
Are you new here? There's always someone dumb enough.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Let Pietro walk after a Cup to afford players like Tank and Krug. Now Tanks wants out and they’ve soured on Krug. Clown show.
We didn't let Petro walk to afford Tarasenko. We got Faulk to replace him. Tarasenko contract has nothing to do with Petro. Petro wanted a NMC and Armstrong didn't want to give him one

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
Krug has a full ntc. No way he's being shopped unless he's the one wanting to be moved.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Let Pietro walk after a Cup to afford players like Tank and Krug. Now Tanks wants out and they’ve soured on Krug. Clown show.

planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston.gif

Reactions: The Electrician

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad