Seravalli: Tarasenko still wants to be traded, Blues gauging market on Krug

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Krug is bold, but other Blues fans have been speculating that for a bit, something I've shot down. The logical reason why is Krug and Perunovich not fitting into the same lineup, and I've just assumed Perunovich would be the one to go, but Krug would open up cap for Perron and LD that's a better fit.

who out there wants him given that contract. You aren’t going to unload him and open up all his space.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
who out there wants him given that contract. You aren’t going to unload him and open up all his space.
His contract is fine, we just have the same player in Perunovich. He'd probably get the remaining amount if he was a free agent.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
His contract is fine, we just have the same player in Perunovich. He'd probably get the remaining amount if he was a free agent.
This. Assuming Letang resigns in Pitt as has been rumored, Klingberg is only skilled FA defenseman who you would likely rank ahead of Krug. And Kling's ask is way higher than Krug's contract.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Krug has a full ntc. No way he's being shopped unless he's the one wanting to be moved.
Not necessarily. They can explore the market and then approach him if they find a deal they’re interested in.

Small 31 yr old LD with 5 yrs at $5.5M per is a major negative in trade value if you aren’t taking salary back.
He may not be worth a ton, but this is a laughable assertion. There are teams out there who could use his skill set. They almost certainly wouldn’t pay a first, but I see no reason why he couldn’t return some picks and or prospects.

Reactions: Blueston

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I dunno about Krug to Detroit. Yzerman isn’t a fan of small defenseman.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tank should be easy to move, if STL doesn't get too greedy. Mid/late 1st and a 2nd/decent prospect? One more year @7.5M cap hit(5.5M actual cash). Will turn 31yo later this year. STL might decide to simply trade him at the TDL, though i can see them wanting to a draft pick now rather than waiting till 2023.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad