Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% & Mikkola to NYR for 1st RP, 4th RP, F S. Blais, and D H. Skinner

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Hits are useful when they result in a turnover. Blais' hits rarely did that from what I remember. Tended to chase them and get out of position allowing more space for the other team.
You’re not serious with this bullshit, are you?
Go look at the Blues’ fourth goal of game 6 vs the Stars, or the first goal of game 7 vs the Bruins and tell me how both of those plays happened.

SMH

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Go look at the Blues’ fourth goal of game 6 vs the Stars, or the first goal of game 7 vs the Bruins and tell me how both of those plays happened.

SMH
Hits by forwards on forecheck can be super helpful. It’s d running around chasing hits that you need to guard against.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

LGB

Feb 4, 2019

SMH
Went back and looked at them. Bruins one was a great play by Blais. Other one not so much. Giveaway by Benn after Blais mostly misses and goes tumbling into the wall. Not saying he should never hit anybody, just feel like he chased them too often.

✂️ Blais
✂️ Blais

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Was looking at some twitter reactions to the trade and was reminded that Tarasenko was exposed in the Kraken expansion draft and we could have got NOTHING in return for him. A first in a deep draft is a win for me, i'll take the asset over nothing. Also, excited to see Tarasenko and Panarin on a line together, should be a blast.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Went back and looked at them. Bruins one was a great play by Blais. Other one not so much. Giveaway by Benn after Blais mostly misses and goes tumbling into the wall. Not saying he should never hit anybody, just feel like he chased them too often.

✂️ Blais
✂️ Blais
“Yeah, the play to set up the 1st goal in the most important game in franchise history was an OK play, but I’m still right.”

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
From Rangers side at Athletic “It’s believed that the Blues jumped at this deal now because there simply weren’t any other offers with a first-round pick on the table. And Armstrong may not have anticipated any, so he took what Drury was offering, which was likely only a confirmed first if Mikkola was in the deal.”
I think the Blues won the trade and Armstrong did well, but I do wish he had moved Tarasenko 5 years ago - he could have gotten a king's ransom.

Glad they got a 1st rounder at least.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Was looking at some twitter reactions to the trade and was reminded that Tarasenko was exposed in the Kraken expansion draft and we could have got NOTHING in return for him. A first in a deep draft is a win for me, i'll take the asset over nothing. Also, excited to see Tarasenko and Panarin on a line together, should be a blast.

I think most fans here would take Dunn back over getting a pick for Tarasenko. So it's not like it's this trade or nothing. We'll obviously have to see how it all pans out - I'm cool with the return today - but other scenarios could have reasonably played out to a better outcome.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the only way the expansion draft would have worked out better than it did was if they picked sanford instead.

I take 91 over dunn every single day of the week.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
my problem is more with when Tank was traded. Douggie could have gotten so much more if he didn't arrogantly believe this team was anywhere near good enough to go on a deep run the last two seasons. A bit of a let down IMO.

Do you even watch hockey? You're telling me that last year if it had not been for Kadri you think we had no chance for a deep run? We would have easily walked into the cup finals last year if we had beat the Avs.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
my problem is more with when Tank was traded. Douggie could have gotten so much more if he didn't arrogantly believe this team was anywhere near good enough to go on a deep run the last two seasons. A bit of a let down IMO.
You realize that Tarasenko had ALL of the power here? Armstrong could have been working the phone since the day he asked to be traded, and if 91 didn't want to go to a team all he had to do was say no.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
or it could be bs. Douggie could have trying to hold onto him on a gamble they either go deep into the playoffs or he gets a better and better deal. Is that you Doug? Sorry to have offended you Special K.

I had no delusions this team was going deep into a cup run even if Binnington stayed healthy. They weren't beating the Avalanche regardless. I am sorry to have hurt your feelings with an opinion Clitoris.

You sure sound delusional to me, acting as if you understand the situation better than Armstrong. The flat cap really made it hard to move big pieces the past two years but I'm sure an expert like you knew that already.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
You realize that Tarasenko had ALL of the power here? Armstrong could have been working the phone since the day he asked to be traded, and if 91 didn't want to go to a team all he had to do was say no.
And one of the few places he would go is one of three places that Patrick Kane would go. Smart move to pull this trigger early. No posturing with his no trade in March. I remember Taylor hall pulling in only a 2nd due to his no trade.

A first after being free two years ago? Good job!

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Ha! Listening to 101, and they’re discussing Kane’s recent tweet / Kane said he would have wanted to go to NY and he’s not sure after to think about the Tarasenko trade. Sounds like DA absolutely beat the Blackhawks to this trade; makes the return much more palatable (I thought it was a good/expected return anyway).

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Ha! Listening to 101, and they’re discussing Kane’s recent tweet / Kane said he would have wanted to go to NY and he’s not sure after to think about the Tarasenko trade. Sounds like DA absolutely beat the Blackhawks to this trade; makes the return much more palatable (I thought it was a good/expected return anyway).
Any chance to burn/beat the Blackhawks or the Red Wings is a good day.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Someone also reported yesterday (I forget who or where) that NYR wanted to do the trade with the Blues because they felt the prices for Kane, and Timo Meier were too expensive. So I don’t think they were really going to go for Kane even if they didn’t make this trade

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Someone also reported yesterday (I forget who or where) that NYR wanted to do the trade with the Blues because they felt the prices for Kane, and Timo Meier were too expensive. So I don’t think they were really going to go for Kane even if they didn’t make this trade
Or, the Blues got a deal done before the Rangers and Blackhawks could engage in serious discussions/negotiations. The Blackhawks may not have anticipated a team making a deal this long before the deadline. Who knows.

I'd love to see what it says

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If we’re using hindsight, the time to trade him was last summer, not the summer before our eventual cup run.

I doubt there were many contending teams willing to pay fair value and have the cap room available to trade for Tarasenko last summer. It would have needed to be a salary in/salary out move but with the flat cap, but I think a lot of teams needed to know where they were at (including the Blues) before pulling the trigger on a trade like this.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad