Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% & Mikkola to NYR for 1st RP, 4th RP, F S. Blais, and D H. Skinner

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You’re one of the more vocal complainers whenever the former captain is brought up in threads that don’t have anything to do with him.

Anyway, I’m glad for Tarasenko. I haven’t seen him look that happy in years.

it's getting really old having people like you bring up "the former captain" all the time especially when everyone knows I was talking about Pujols.

If that’s the case, they wouldn’t have lost Game 1 which was arguably Binnington’s best game in OT.

The Blues were good last year, but relied on an unusually high shooting percentage overall as a team as well as the defense playing at its absolute ceiling after Leddy was acquired and being bailed out by Husso through January in addition to Binnington having a .949 save % in 4 games in the postseason.

I don’t think the team is as bad as they’ve played this season but everything that could go wrong has.

They weren't using Binningtons puck handling ability in game 1.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
anyone remember any of the rumors/speculation about what a tarasenko haul would have given us when he asked for it about 2yrs ago? just curious

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
A fleecing thus far. Tarasenko is either saving himself for the playoffs or just washed. He has been a negative presence for the Rangers so far, not even a non factor.
As a huge Tarasenko fan, I’m not surprised. Unfortunately, he lost his electric abilities, and he’s not confident in his shot anymore and takes way too long to get it off. What else are you noticing?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A fleecing thus far. Tarasenko is either saving himself for the playoffs or just washed. He has been a negative presence for the Rangers so far, not even a non factor.

That's the risk with a deadline acquisition. Some guys take a while to re-adjust to a new team. I don't like big deadline acquisitions for that reason. Even if the player is good, he just might not fit in or get adjusted in time. Sometimes a new player can kill a good team's entire dynamic, making it a negative like you say.

Tarasneko is not near the same player he was before his shoulder surgeries. But he is still a good player. He just has to be motivated. It could be he lost the chip on his shoulder he had been playing with since coming back from his injuries. Being traded is what he wanted, but now that he's got it, maybe he isn't pushing as hard.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As a huge Tarasenko fan, I’m not surprised. Unfortunately, he lost his electric abilities, and he’s not confident in his shot anymore and takes way too long to get it off. What else are you noticing?
All of the above. Timid. Slow. Giveaways. Mediocre passing. He’s basically Jimmy Vesey with worse defense/hustle so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad