Recalled/Assigned: Tanner Pearson is back

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
I do think Pearson will eventually be traded due to the progress of ND.

I just don't think TP has much trade value, but I guess it depends for whom and for which "things" are added to the trade.

According to a report (opinion) I got from a Manchester-watcher, Deslauriers won't be ready to come up this season.
Still working on overall consistency and defensive reads.

As a result, it's hard to see Pearson getting moved this year.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Tanner Pearson is our most trade able asset. No one is going to want the midget Weal, Kozun was already on waivers and no one bit, and Vey holds value but not the value of a big bodied LW.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
According to a report (opinion) I got from a Manchester-watcher, Deslauriers won't be ready to come up this season.

Yeah, I don't see him getting moved this year either.

I was thinking sometime next year, when ND is more nhl ready, and TP has more trade value.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Awesome, he's back up and skating with the healthy scratches...sigh.

I always think it's weird to come up and get scratched when you get in lol.

He got in either late last night or early this morning. This would be his first skate. And even though they play the same system it makes sense when it's not a call up due to injury to not have them play right then. Give it a day or two. Now if it continues past say Sat I would fully agree.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Would like him with Richards.

Second that. Pearson has played extensively with Toffoli and I think Richards would complement the youthful exuberance and skill level.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Does it have to be either or?

That's a fair question.

My thinking is that they'll eventually compete for the 3LW slot for the most part. I really don't see either of them playing 4LW, although, with ND's size and physicality, he may play some in the beginning.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
He got in either late last night or early this morning. This would be his first skate. And even though they play the same system it makes sense when it's not a call up due to injury to not have them play right then. Give it a day or two. Now if it continues past say Sat I would fully agree.

Or Sutter just chose not to play him.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise if TP was a HS, should it?

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Tanner Pearson is our most trade able asset. No one is going to want the midget Weal, Kozun was already on waivers and no one bit, and Vey holds value but not the value of a big bodied LW.

Well, our most trade able asset also happens to be our most needed position. I wouldn't even think about trading this guy right now. Love what Pearson brings to the table. Weal and Kozun have been doing pretty well this year. Manchester has cooled off a bit, but they are one of the best teams in the AHL this year. I think a lot of people (including hockey's future) thinks the Kings depth isn't what it once was, but I would disagree.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Jack Ferreira said recently about Nic Deslauriers that he was indeed making progress
and said "he's about 75% there". So from his opinion, it sounded like not this year.
Sounds like with more continued progress this season...a good off-season and camp,
sometime next year could be ready for a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad