Recalled/Assigned: Tanner Pearson is back

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Hopefully he got all his jitters out the last time. He went back to Manchester and was on fire. We could really use some more production on the left side, hopefully Tanner brings some.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Can we have him play on the pp first line mins. with Kopitar and toffoli? We need to do something new on it and i think pearson and toffoli chemisty would combine nice with kopitar on the pp Anyone agree with me ?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Can we have him play on the pp first line mins. with Kopitar and toffoli? We need to do something new on it and i think pearson and toffoli chemisty would combine nice with kopitar on the pp Anyone agree with me ?

If you add TT and TP to the 1st pp unit, then that means Carter plays on the 2nd unit, so, I don't see it happening.

But I don't dislike your idea.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If you add TT and TP to the 1st pp unit, then that means Carter plays on the 2nd unit, so, I don't see it happening.

But I don't dislike your idea.

yup i think carter needs to be with bbf richards and brown for the 2nd pp Id also like to see the defense switch up maybe alec and slava first with drew and muffinman 2nd pair Something to mix it up a little At worse the first unit can wear them down for the 2nd unit to finish

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Ya know what? I will play a little.

It is known by every player that isn't part of our "core group" that we are considering all of our options at this point. Tanner has the same message as Vey and everyone else. You have to step up your play or we may have to make a move. This is where we are at.

I know that there are a few teams that are looking for solid young forward prospects and if anyone thinks that Futa's draft record and Morris's ability to develop our kids has gone unnoticed then you only have to look at Buffalo's GM search to and MCH current record to know that you are missing out.

Tanner didn't perform up to expectations during his first call up and that happens more often than not for kids (not counting his first playoff call up) so that typically wouldn't mean much by most teams but we aren't most teams.

We are a legit contender for the cup again this year and we simply have to be ready for the playoffs and must have our roster exactly where we want it to be before we get there.

The Olympics help us out this year because it gives us additional time to try and perfect who our best targets will be and out of them what the best possible deals can be made. Of course that will be based on how we continue to do.

So if TP comes up and has improved (which I think he will) then easy, we have another tool for the box and TP will have earned his spot (or be on his way). If not then one of the moves that have been rumored could happen.

So, in a small way you could say that TP is being showcased but then so is everyone else who isn't playing up to the level that is expected from our legit cup contending team and I think that is how it should be.

DL being a loyalist to his team will be loathe to make a move but if we are talking about players who are underperforming or are kids who haven't established themselves and they can be moved to make us more solid then DL has proven he will make those moves when he has to as well.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Everyone has these crazy trade theories.

Maybe it's just a team that is awful at LW calling up it's most talented LW prospect. The Kings could clearly use a shot of skill into the lineup.

Hopefully he is in for awful Clifford. That move makes the Kings a much better team.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
This only makes sense if DL is trading someone like Clifford.

If not, then yes, I will freak out. And I think I have the right to. Vey is a better player than Pearson right and better than half our bottom six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad