Tank Thread Part V: Raindrop, droptop, prospect cupboard running low on good stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Early game tomorrow too, will be interesting to see how the team comes out to start the game. I think Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand have a hayday on the defense.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Pretty much. If they'd only signed an over 30, middle of the pack goalie, everything would have been just fine.

They did that though, didn't they signed an over the hill khabibulin for a couple season, then proceed to finish at the bottom of the league?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Provide goaltending that doesn't embarrass the franchise, offer a strong veteran voice in the locker-room, and as I've already stated with Trevor, help in the development of our young defencemen and forwards by allowing them to keep some confidence going forward.

We don't want a Justin Schultz situation in Vancouver thank you very much.

Except we haven't seen any results. What, 2 spots difference in the standings? :laugh:

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Provide goaltending that doesn't embarrass the franchise, offer a strong veteran voice in the locker-room, and as I've already stated with Trevor, help in the development of our young defencemen and forwards by allowing them to keep some confidence going forward.

Strong veteran voice in the locker room in the form of Derek Dorset or Brandon Prust?
Development of our young defensemen by getting the stare-down from their own goalie after a goal?
Giving them confidence by finishing near the bottom of the league in back to back season?
Ok then...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

So Khabibulin embarrassed the franchise?

Funny, I recall him as a pretty well respected goalie before he got to Edmonton. Didn't do too bad in a couple of his seasons despite Edmonton having a far worse defense than the one Benning inherited from Gillis ...

Maybe the issues are more nuanced than your simplistic slogans?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The Ryan Miller stare is one of the best things about this team right now. He's like the bad cop to Willie's good cop.

Can you clarify the Buffalo incident you're alluding to?

Also right after I posted that argument last night, Linden comes out and says:

Thanks Trev! Feels good to have the franchise hero on your side.

That's great that you felt the need to advertise the fact that franchise hero / clueless hockey executive Trevor Linden that once compared Granlund to Bergeron:

agrees with you.

Because Trev suuuuuuure does have a lot of credibility in this town right now. :shakehead

I honestly don't understand the point of your statement. Did you really believe invoking the name of #16 was a valid way to show us that you knew what you were talking about?

This ain't CDC right? :)

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Early game tomorrow too, will be interesting to see how the team comes out to start the game. I think Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand have a hayday on the defense.

I would tend to agree with you if we had a banged up D (which was always the case going into Boston the last few years),but we don't,..the team is relatively healthy..

Boston is an inconsistent bubble playoff team just like Calgary or Florida,..anyones game..IMO

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That's great that you felt the need to advertise the fact that franchise hero / clueless hockey executive Trevor Linden that once compared Granlund to Bergeron:

agrees with you.

Because Trev suuuuuuure does have a lot of credibility in this town right now. :shakehead

I honestly don't understand the point of your statement. Did you really believe invoking the name of #16 was a valid way to show us that you knew what you were talking about?

What does the Center for Disease Control have to do with anything? Did someone get sick?

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation

agrees with you.

Gotta brown nose the boss a bit, don't ya know? :laugh: "Franchise hero", my ass :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad