DOUBLE TANK

I think this picture is a closer depiction to our tank job
maintankdog.png

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Who do you think the "Franchise 5" is?

I think it's Bennett, Reinhart, Ekblad, Dal Colle, and Draisaitl.

Could be different in managements eyes and I'd love to know if it is. I remember when Joe said the Jets scouts weren't so high on Draisaitl. Have they changed their tune, or is someone else in their top 5?

I agree with your list, but I would maybe toss Ehlers in the group as well. Not sure who "gets cut" though. Bennett?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Pretty sure I posted a little while ago Edmonton's "supposed" leaked top 5...Draisaitl, Reinhart, Bennett, Ekblad and Virtanen. Draisaitl being #1 on their list.

Virtanen is easily going to be the biggest wild card in this draft. All it takes is one team to like him and avoid the red flags.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Pretty sure I posted a little while ago Edmonton's "supposed" leaked top 5...Draisaitl, Reinhart, Bennett, Ekblad and Virtanen. Draisaitl being #1 on their list.

Virtanen is easily going to be the biggest wild card in this draft. All it takes is one team to like him and avoid the red flags.

If Edmonton's #4 is Ekblad they have BIG problems.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
If Edmonton's #4 is Ekblad they have BIG problems.

The Oilers always make me chuckle. Here's to hoping that Ekblad is indeed their #4. i suppose they would have to think very highly of Nurse, Klefbom and Marincin.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Nik Ehlers is a rocket on most draft boards. He could easily end up going top 5 but if not, I hope he's high on the Jets list.

He's like a smarter, more productive Michal Grabner. Incredible wheels and a great shot.

I could see Nick Ritchie also being high up on the Jets list.

I like the top 5 and hope they have guys like Ehlers and maybe Perlini up there as well.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
IMO, Fleury (big shut down dman with emerging offence) and Virtanen (45 g, 100 pims, 71 pts in 71 games) could slide into TNSE's top 5.

I saw Draisaitl play soon after the WJC's and he was ok. But just ok, that game. Though he really picked it up late in the year.

I'm hoping Bennett falls to us, or we trade up to select him. I think he has many intangibles and plays the game in a way that Chevy, and co, would really like. His nasty side is likely really desirable by TNSE.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I really hope Virtanen is not in the top 5, not a fan of him at all.

If you think Kane is one dimensional you haven't seen Virtanen play.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea I would love either Bennett or Dal Colle to fall to us. Bennett is great I just think he is too safe to fall....Dal Colle is a unreal and I think he will be a Corey Perry type and he is my odds on favorite to slip to 6 However he is lighting it up in the OHL playoffs right now which is hurting the slide :rant:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
The Islanders loss today basically puts the Jets chances for 5th place at zero. Ugh...

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
The Islanders loss today basically puts the Jets chances for 5th place at zero. Ugh...

This is why I was not upset about us winning in Toronto. It was never very likely that the Jets could out lose the Islanders or Flames.

6 is still in reach and ain't none too shabby if I say so myself.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Honestly I never thought we had a shot at 5th I thought that was a hard line in the sand and everyone was hoping for 6th

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yea I would love either Bennett or Dal Colle to fall to us. Bennett is great I just think he is too safe to fall....Dal Colle is a unreal and I think he will be a Corey Perry type and he is my odds on favorite to slip to 6 However he is lighting it up in the OHL playoffs right now which is hurting the slide :rant:

If we pick 6th, someone could very well fall to us. I just find it hard to believe that it won't happen. That someone in front of us won't fall in love with someone outside the top 5.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If we pick 6th, someone could very well fall to us. I just find it hard to believe that it won't happen. That someone in front of us won't fall in love with someone outside the top 5.

The chances of TNSE's top 5 all "being gone" at 6th or even 7th pick are slim IMHO. Who knows maybe its one of those years when we get all the teams in front of us in lockstep with the way TNSE sees it but I think there will be some turbulence because the actual teams that draft always seem to be a bit less aligned than the scouting services and Publicatins and pundants. I strongly believe there is a "group think" that forces publications to not take risks and look foolish. With NHL teams there are real world issues, pressure, politics, organizational needs, job safety, owners wimps etc that all get mixed into the pot and it creates a higher variance than the media driven lists.

Add to this that I really think there are some high ceiling gems in the top 10-12 this year that could easily find their way into the top 5 and I think we could get one of our "coveted" guys if we don't stand on our head and win out this week.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Don't get your hopes up for 6th... we'll probably beat Calgary and the Wild.

Honestly I have given up trying to figure this out. I thought Nashville were in trouble going on the road playing B2B against two of the top teams in the league (Ducks and Sharks) yet they swept? Dallas goes into Florida last night and if they win they probably assure themselves a playoff spot and yet they blow a 2 goal lead and lose?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
We need to get a second first round pick around #10 or my months of sporting a Tuch avatar will have been for naught. :sarcasm:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really hope Virtanen is not in the top 5, not a fan of him at all.

If you think Kane is one dimensional you haven't seen Virtanen play.

I hope Virtanen is in every teams top 5 that drafts in front of us but not ours ;)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't really see a massive difference between 7-11th pick this year.

6th could be pretty big as I could see just one of Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl or Dal Colle falling there.

Does anyone see Ekblad falling out of the top five altogether? What would you do if we were 6th and he was still there?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't really see a massive difference between 7-11th pick this year.

6th could be pretty big as I could see just one of Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl or Dal Colle falling there.

Does anyone see Ekblad falling out of the top five altogether? What would you do if we were 6th and he was still there?

I'd take Eckblad at 6th, and I've previously expressed a bit of concern about him. My concern is more related to where he's selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad