Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Screenshot_4.jpg

I can live with this lol

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The true test of the tank will be losing to the Blackhawks, Kraken, and Blue Jackets all at the end of the month. It will be difficult but I know the boys can pull it off.

Blackhawks have this figured out to the maximum extent, I don't think there's any chance we lose to them unless Bo gets dealt before then. Losing to the Kraken is almost a given - I actually think they've been a top-10 team in the league thus far. Blue Jackets I feel like have always given us troubles, fully expecting to lose to them as well. Probably 1-2-0 or 1-1-1.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
They can sign me for the rest of the year as goalie, i will lose it for them.

Seriously though, both goalies are pretty terrible this year, i think its just going to be worse as time goes along.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
What's most depressing is seeing these clever titles for tank threads year after year. We know1 full well the Canucks will never have a fair shot at winning the lottery and actually drafting this player due to changing league rules and ownership that is too stupid to do what every other franchise in the league does at one point or another.

Yep. Keep wasting time talking about tanking for Bedard. The Canucks are a tire fire garbage organization but he won't be playing here.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
The Canucks aren’t going to get the local hero Bedard. But Benson or Cristall are two other BC boys who would be amazing to get. I feel there is a realistic shot of getting one in the 6-10 range.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
What's most depressing is seeing these clever titles for tank threads year after year. We know1 full well the Canucks will never have a fair shot at winning the lottery and actually drafting this player due to changing league rules and ownership that is too stupid to do what every other franchise in the league does at one point or another.

Yep. Keep wasting time talking about tanking for Bedard. The Canucks are a tire fire garbage organization but he won't be playing here.
This year's draft isn't Bedard or bust, the top-4 are all franchise changing players, if we could walk away with anyone of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson or Michkov, you're almost guaranteed an elite top line player. It sounds crazy, but if anyone of these top-4 were in last year's draft they would easily go 1st overall, wouldn't even be a discussion. Even if we don't get a top-4 pick, there's other players in the top-10 that have elite potential like Benson or Yager.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Fredolini doing his best to ensure that the team is as miserable and pathetic as possible in order to make himself look better.
aquaman-cant-swim.gif

How does that even work, you ask? The answer is yes.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If the nucks didn't get so lucky in OT/Shootout during this past stretch (Habs,Coyotes, SharksX2 and Hurricanes) they'd really be in the race.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
If the nucks didn't get so lucky in OT/Shootout during this past stretch (Habs,Coyotes, SharksX2 and Hurricanes) they'd really be in the race.
I think we'll still be okay long-term if we move Bo soon enough. There have been nights were he has almost single handedly willed us to victory. Catching the Blackhawks, Coyotes and Ducks is probably impossible at this point. But I think we can slot in at the 4th spot - the Blue Jackets are still significantly behind us, but I think they can absolutely catch us with half the year remaining. That team is not nearly as bad as their record would suggest, and they have the 2nd lowest team shooting % in the league. They've been snake bitten, but I do think things will turn around for them - with the stars they got there is almost no chance they continue to be so snake bitten

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You know the real scary thing about the Canucks is that they're trying to win every night and are still tanking.

The teams they're trying to 'out-tank' have been coasting since the very beginning. They knew going into the season they had a crap roster and are just playing out a string.

You look at this Canuck roster and you just have to conclude that there's no way they should be this bad. But the results say otherwise.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
All we need is martin playing and oel myers getting top mins and theres noone out there that could out tank us with that combo

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
The only way we get Bedard is if Bedard takes an unprecedented stand and pulls a Lindros...and even then it'll cost us Petey, our first and other bits and pieces. Its just not going to happen, we're Canucks, we don't get those kinds of breaks. But the tank must go on, the closer to the bottom we get, the better off we'll be.

Reactions: Zippgunn

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
You know the real scary thing about the Canucks is that they're trying to win every night and are still tanking.

The teams they're trying to 'out-tank' have been coasting since the very beginning. They knew going into the season they had a crap roster and are just playing out a string.

You look at this Canuck roster and you just have to conclude that there's no way they should be this bad. But the results say otherwise.
Without any major injuries to skaters and two brand new multi year extensions.

And we inexplicably play our worse hockey at home.

And with our best ever drafted forward and dmen both approaching their prime.

This is such a broken team just like its owner.

The effects of having Myers and OEL on this team playing crucial all-situation top 3 minutes has been devastating.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
This year's draft isn't Bedard or bust, the top-4 are all franchise changing players, if we could walk away with anyone of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson or Michkov, you're almost guaranteed an elite top line player. It sounds crazy, but if anyone of these top-4 were in last year's draft they would easily go 1st overall, wouldn't even be a discussion. Even if we don't get a top-4 pick, there's other players in the top-10 that have elite potential like Benson or Yager.
It's the title.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
It's hard to believe that we've had consecutive GMs, coaches, pro scouts, etc that believe running a defense with such pylons as OEL, Myers, Gud, Sbisa, Stillman, Poolman would make us playoff contenders. We've been unintentionally tanking for a decade. Let's hope this is the year that we finally hit the jackpot.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Another day and another loss. At this point it's looking more and more like our only obstacle is hitting on the lottery.

Reactions: DFAC

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
This year feels different than previous years. I really think we can get a top 5 selection in this year's draft!! Hopefully top 3!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad