Proposal: Tanev to Toronto

MisfortuneCookie

Replace Benning with a potato.
Jan 25, 2018
Benning should wait until TO gets bounced from the playoffs because of a lack of depth on the blueline, but even then, I doubt there's a deal to be made. I think the Canucks have waited too long to trade Tanev.....I see that other posters are claiming he's the best Canucks player (he isn't).....but a D-man who can't play more than 50 games a season isn't anyone's best player.....just bad asset management by the Canucks again.

Benning has no choice but to wait. You know there's a trade deadline, right?

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Lilegren + 2019 conditional 2nd + 3rd (Picks become a 2019 1st if Tanev plays more than 75 games).

If Lilegren is off the table then this trade isn't happening.
Guess its not happening; they're not trading one of their top prospects for a lame guy on a one-way rollercoaster ride. Tanev would be an asset but Canucks have milked that cow until its blue cross coverage expired.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Guess its not happening; they're not trading one of their top prospects for a lame guy on a one-way rollercoaster ride. Tanev would be an asset but Canucks have milked that cow until its blue cross coverage expired.

Cool. Somebody will give up what we want for Tanev. If its not Toronto than so be it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yep with the crack team of Lindenning doing the negotiating what could go wrong???
Lucic is probably available.... Jim's tried to tried futures for him. He tried to sign him to a ridiculous contract as a ufa. If he misses out on Kane, watch out.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

Liljegren and a 1st

Tanev for matthews and all your picks next draft.

Nah, Mathews and a 1st

So you want our best player, but don't want to make any good assets available for trade?

Good luck with that. Although you would be dealing with Benning, so it's possible he'd trade Tanev and a 5th for Josh Leivo.

If I was the Canucks GM, it would be for Marner or Nylander or get stuffed. Tanev might be the best pure defensive defender in the NHL and you aren't getting anywhere near a Cup with the defense you have now.

Heard this from Rangers fans for McDonagh :laugh:

2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd would be ideal. Hamonic set the benchmark and he sucks.

I'd do it for Liljegren and a 1st.

Kasperi Kapanen off the table :biglaugh:

He’s the most overrated player in HF boards history.

Benning should wait until TO gets bounced from the playoffs because of a lack of depth on the blueline, but even then, I doubt there's a deal to be made. I think the Canucks have waited too long to trade Tanev.....I see that other posters are claiming he's the best Canucks player (he isn't).....but a D-man who can't play more than 50 games a season isn't anyone's best player.....just bad asset management by the Canucks again.

Liljegren+1st or bye

If those are off the table then you’re not getting Tanev

What a joke of a proposal lol

>no liljgreen
>no kapanen
>please gib Tanev for nothing pieces!!!!!

yikes, they dislike you on the Leafs board too?

Id do 2019 1st Dermott and 2018 2nd

its lit

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Look. Tanev would have gotten a decent return last deadline, and maybe something this deadline but he is becoming increasingly injury prone.

A second rate prospect or 2nd round draft pick is the kind of return you should look to get for trading him.

Reactions: MAGICMAN1963

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Look. Tanev would have gotten a decent return last deadline, and maybe something this deadline but he is becoming increasingly injury prone.

A second rate prospect or 2nd round draft pick is the kind of return you should look to get for trading him.
Really? When injury prone players like Hamonic get traded for two firsts and a second, I'd wager the much better Tanev is worth more.

Tanev is too valuable to this franchise going forward, especially with Juolevi coming up most likely next season.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

In all seriousness: Liligren (sp?), Conditional 3rd, 2nd or 1st (If Tanev plays 45 or less games due to injury a 3rd, 46-60 a 2nd, 61+ your 2019 first rounder dependent on games played and injury

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Toronto 2018 1st rounder + b level prospect?

Stay on the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk page. A late first is not gonna get you a top-pairing rhd -- the 25th pick has a 90% failure rate; that b level prospect has a better shot at the NHL.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Stay on the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk page. A late first is not gonna get you a top-pairing rhd -- the 25th pick has a 90% failure rate; that b level prospect has a better shot at the NHL.

You do see that even other canucks fans know he's made of glass right?

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Really? When injury prone players like Hamonic get traded for two firsts and a second, I'd wager the much better Tanev is worth more.

Tanev is too valuable to this franchise going forward, especially with Juolevi coming up most likely next season.

The guy cant stay healthy. He doesnt have much value sitting in the press box. He's played 70 games in a season one time in his career. Hamonic was not that injury prone.

I'd flip Tanev for Lilegren, and try to squeeze out a 2019 2nd that turns into a 1st if he plays more than 73 games.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
I'm not a troll, I was just genuinely curious on his value. I just didn't respond because I feel like there's no discussion to be had given the ask for Tanev as seen by posts on the first page. You're not getting Lili+ for Tanev , let alone Lili by himself. Most I would do is Bracco, Carrick, 1st.

Fair enough... I guess you have to wait until Tanev is an UFA before he comes to Toronto

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
No to Timothy Liljegren. He's got way too much undeserved hype due to being a Leafs prospect: Liljegren isn't even ranked as a top-50 prospect.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
No to Timothy Liljegren. He's got way too much undeserved hype due to being a Leafs prospect: Liljegren isn't even ranked as a top-50 prospect.
I'd say he got the hype because he was forecast as a top-5 pick before mono set him back and he started tumbling (probably way too far, incidentally). Most of the hype came before Toronto ever took him, and Leaf fans were understandably quite elated to land him with as late a first-rounder as they had last year.

I think a lot of the asks here are pretty unrealistic, especially with the inevitable Benning discount. Tanev has always been underappreciated elsewhere to begin with, and his health is a genuine concern. I don't think he'd garner anything like a 1st+Grade-A prospect. (For whatever the comparison is worth, Hamonic is a year younger and has put up higher offensive totals... and was not acquired by Jim Benning.)

Reactions: Kurtz

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
If Tanev pulls in a 1st or significant prospect, I'll eat a pizza with pineapples on it. I love pineapples, so this is a celebration.

His value is limited as a brittle black hole amd as low as its been in 3-4 yrs..

I think we end up keeping him for that reason.

Reactions: Kurtz

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
**** no.

24 and under or a Hamonic package.
No one is giving a Hamonic package for Tanev.

Gardinar is a lateral asset move that would actually entertain during this phase of our team.
Similar age, similar contract...

But one actually plays.... and scores a lot of points.

Hell... we probably have to add.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Marner or Nylander or get f***ed.

Tanev is a better player than Hamonic or Larsson and we have no reason to trade him. Either we hit a home run or keep him. And after what just happened to the Leafs, we have all the leverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad