Proposal: Tanev to Toronto

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Lilegren + 2019 conditional 2nd + 3rd (Picks become a 2019 1st if Tanev plays more than 75 games).

If Lilegren is off the table then this trade isn't happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: pomorick

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

OTOH, since Benning is competing and Toronto gives zero f***s about icing an NHL defense, we may as well try and re-unite Rielly with Tanev here.

Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Tanev, Edler, Goldobin, Virtanen, Juolevi, Stecher, 2018 1st off the table.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
OTOH, since Benning is competing and Toronto gives zero ****s about icing an NHL defense, we may as well try and re-unite Rielly with Tanev here.

Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Tanev, Edler, Goldobin, Virtanen, Juolevi, Stecher, 2018 1st off the table.

You forgot Granlund.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This guy is a troll. Notice how he hasn't responded to any posts? He just comes along to try to stoke the flames and then leaves. He just posted in the Pettersson thread in the Prospects section about how Matthews is better. He's clearly not here for any fruitful discussion, this should get locked up.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
This guy is a troll. Notice how he hasn't responded to any posts? He just comes along to try to stoke the flames and then leaves. He just posted in the Pettersson thread in the Prospects section about how Matthews is better. He's clearly not here for any fruitful discussion, this should get locked up.

I'm not a troll, I was just genuinely curious on his value. I just didn't respond because I feel like there's no discussion to be had given the ask for Tanev as seen by posts on the first page. You're not getting Lili+ for Tanev , let alone Lili by himself. Most I would do is Bracco, Carrick, 1st.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm not a troll, I was just genuinely curious on his value. I just didn't respond because I feel like there's no discussion to be had given the ask for Tanev as seen by posts on the first page. You're not getting Lili+ for Tanev , let alone Lili by himself. Most I would do is Bracco, Carrick, 1st.
Then you can keep all your average prospects and pick

Reactions: geebaan

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

It is a dumb idea to make a proposal for a team's most valuable asset that is available and then refuse to offer any valuable assets from your team.
Based on your OP, the Canucks would only do 2018 1st + 2019 1st + 2nd round pick for Tanev. If you don't like that offer, then don't put so many stipulations on your offers.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
And that's not trolling to you?

kek

Reactions: vanwest and geebaan

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Then get stuffed. If you aren't even willing to put a crappy asset like 24-point Connor Brown on the table, you aren't getting this player. Enjoy hording your group of young forwards, being OK in the regular season, and then getting killed in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. We don't need to trade this player. You do need to upgrade your defense, and if you look at the Larsson and Hamonic trades (both of whom Tanev is far better than), you can see what the going rate for an elite defensive defender would be.

Dermott and 2 firsts might be ok as well.

do NOT trade the young forwards now, or ever. hoard your coins to spite the baker and die starving and rich

Last edited:
Reactions: Burke's Evil Spirit

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Delete your account

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Bracco and Carrick are worthless in a Tanev deal. Late first is meh. To get a good player you actually have to give up something valuable.

Reactions: geebaan

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

Give us your management and we'll give you Tanev, Benning, Linden, Weisbrod and our 1st round pick this year.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Keep your garbage and lose to boston while babcock rips his hair out watching Gardiner try to defend against Marchand and Pastrnak

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

You're full of shit.

You've embarrassed yourself enough as it is with the pathetic disparaging posts you made toward Tanev, Boeser and Petersson. Nothing you say matters now.

You want Tanev? Buckle up Lilejegren+ Don't want to pay? Well your team can have Gudbranson as punishment for wasting our time.

Feb 24, 2017
If you want to know tanev’s value talk to nhl general managers. You will not find out anything on a fan site.

Reactions: billvanseattle

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I just didn't respond because I feel like there's no discussion to be had given the ask for Tanev as seen by posts on the first page.

You started a conversation and decided within minutes that you didn't want to discuss anymore based on the first responses?

Listen to me good PinkEye... it's not your fault.

Understand me Chief?..... it's not your fault.

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy
May 31, 2006
Canucks with Tanev in the lineup:

2015-2016: 28-31-10; GAA: 2.94
2016-2017: 22-24-7; GAA: 2.70
2017-2018: 16-18-4; GAA: 3.00

Canucks without Tanev:

2015-2016: 3-7-3; GAA: 3.08
2016-2017: 8-19-2; GAA: 3.44
2017-2018: 9-19-5; GAA: 3.54

We're a bad team with Tanev (around 22-25th in the league), but we are hopelessly terrible and literally the worst team in the NHL without him. His presence is worth alone around 7 spots in the standings. I would demand Nylander and a 1st from Toronto. They might be cup favourites with him healthy.

It’s really sad that his prime has been wasted on this sad franchise.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
You're full of ****.

You've embarrassed yourself enough as it is with the pathetic disparaging posts you made toward Tanev, Boeser and Petersson. Nothing you say matters now.

You want Tanev? Buckle up Lilejegren+ Don't want to pay? Well your team can have Gudbranson as punishment for wasting our time.

What? I've said Boeser and Pettersson were good players. I never made disparaging posts of any of those players at all. I may have argued in the past that Tanev's value isn't as high as some people make out it to be but that's not really disparaging. And that was a long time ago, so I don't see how that would be relevant to bring up.

You started a conversation and decided within minutes that you didn't want to discuss anymore based on the first responses?

Listen to me good PinkEye... it's not your fault.

Understand me Chief?..... it's not your fault.

That's not what happened. I posted this thread, read the first page of comments and didn't see anything worth discussing further as it would just result in constant bickering for no reason (and since I'm the visitor, it would likely end in me getting a warning, even if I weren't the instigator). So I thought it would be best to let it die.

Also, it's PinkFly, not PinkEye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad