Rumor: Tampa wouldn't be crushed if Stamkos left

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Stated on the 32 thoughts podcast That Tampa wouldn't be crushed if Stamkos left.

If that's true then it sounds like Tampa may not want him back which is crazy to me.

It's one thing to let go of depth pieces, depth pieces can ALWAYS be replaced that's what makes a depth piece a depth piece, no matter how good they are, depth pieces are replaceable.

This would be different this is a core piece, and not even just a core piece, this is Stamkos, this is the captain, this is arguably the greatest player in franchise history, certainly top 3.

To jpotentially just be willing To throw him out would be wild.

Reactions: AvroArrow

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Exactly what is this being based off of? Julien Brisebois is literally taking his time to see how the cap shakes out and will then probably turn around and end up giving Stamkos a better deal than the one he came to the Lightning with. No GM takes better care of his players. You guys are just thirsty

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5 and BHD

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
They don’t want to “throw him out”. That’s an egregious twisting of the situation to make this sound sensational.

There is a salary cap. They’ve committed heavily in their younger core. (Point, Cirelli, Paul, Hagel, Sergachev and Cernak all have between 6-9 years of contract left). They have extra years left on Kucherov, Hedman and Vasilevskiy still.

I’m sure they want him back. It has to be a financially sensible extension.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think there is a single scenario where Stamkos leaves.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Exactly what is this being based off of? Julien Brisebois is literally taking his time to see how the cap shakes out and will then probably turn around and end up giving Stamkos a better deal than the one he came to the Lightning with. No GM takes better care of his players. You guys are just thirsty

All I did was post what was said

Reactions: Leviathan

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
They don’t want to “throw him out”. That’s an egregious twisting of the situation to make this sound sensational.

There is a salary cap. They’ve committed heavily in their younger core. (Point, Cirelli, Paul, Hagel, Sergachev and Cernak all have between 6-9 years of contract left). They have extra years left on Kucherov, Hedman and Vasilevskiy still.

I’m sure they want him back. It has to be a financially sensible extension.

But the delay is exposing him personally to risk (if he gets injured before they give him an extension it could severely impact his future earnings). He seems to feel like he’s earned the job security of getting an extension in the summer he’s eligible for one before the final season of a contract - to relieve him of the personal risk of potential long term income loss due to injury that season. That the team clearly isn’t willing to accommodate that, for whatever reason, is a good reason for him to want to consider if everyone would be better off by him being moved to a team that will accommodate that this summer.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
jump-to-conclusion-think-again.gif

Reactions: TK 421 and Master P

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No, you added ridiculous statements like “sounds like a Tampa might not want him” and “to be potentially willing to “throw him out” would be wild”.

I said IF what was said was true then it sounds like Tampa may not want him, because that's how it does sound.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Stamkos took $2m less on his AAV over 8 years to save TB cap space, so they better take care of him.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I know it's a business, but if I'm a Tampa fan and have seen as many recent championships as they have, I say keep the guy that's put it all out on the line for a long time. Losing Stamkos is the kind of move that slowly deflates the balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad