Proposal: Tampa/Vancouver

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
T. Johnson, R. Callahan, J. Dotchin, 2019 1st for Chris Tanev + 2019 2nd. Van gets a top 6 C, likely a late 1st to deepen their prospect pool and a young RD that won't get regular time on Tampa in exchange for taking Callahan's contract and Tanev. Tampa gets a RD to solidify their top 4 and ultimately free up 7 million in cap space.

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Take out Johnson and the Canucks 2nd. Add Gudbranson or Sutter going back to Tampa, and give us some meh 4th liner back and I'd do it

Reactions: McCoy

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
T. Johnson, R. Callahan, J. Dotchin, 2019 1st for Chris Tanev + 2019 2nd. Van gets a top 6 C, likely a late 1st to deepen their prospect pool and a young RD that won't get regular time on Tampa in exchange for taking Callahan's contract and Tanev. Tampa gets a RD to solidify their top 4 and ultimately free up 7 million in cap space.
Nope. every proposal you make for the canucks is awful.

Reactions: Fro

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wow. lightning fans arent gonna like this at all
I think TB counters with Dotchin + 1st for Tanev

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He’s not going to come cheap

Looks like he'll be in Vancouver for the long haul cause I can't see a team paying a ton for him. I don't see him getting a top prospect or high picks unless they're conditional. Too much uncertainty he'll even be on the ice come playoff time.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Looks like he'll be in Vancouver for the long haul cause I can't see a team paying a ton for him. I don't see him getting a top prospect or high picks unless they're conditional. Too much uncertainty he'll even be on the ice come playoff time.

If Hamonic can fetch a first and two seconds, Tanev should fetch a first and a second at most.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No way yuck

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Hamonic can fetch a first and two seconds, Tanev should fetch a first and a second at most.

Hamonic was signed for a year longer, was making less per year and had better production. People also agree that it was a bad trade and Calgary paid too much. So you're going to need to find a team that's desperate for Tanev and will pay that price. I can see a conditional 1st + or a 2nd + good prospect.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I’m fine with that.

Why? You're not challenging the next two years, move him and get the best return you can. I don't get it with Vancouver and wanting to keep these guys around till they retire. They haven't won you anything so why are you so attached to them?

Reactions: zcaptain

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Why? You're not challenging the next two years, move him and get the best return you can. I don't get it with Vancouver and wanting to keep these guys around till they retire. They haven't won you anything so why are you so attached to them?
because our d sucks and we have noone else to replace him.

You think Tanev isn’t worth much yet we should trad him? It makes no sense.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
How many times do we have to say no to Chris “Made of Glass” Tanev before you guys get it?

Reactions: Geoff72

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018

T. Johnson, R. Callahan, 2019 1st for Chris Tanev and 2nd 2019 and 5th, 6th and 7th 2020 were good in Silly Season show markets.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers and Canucks workout a deal incase that scenario happens.
Fine, Rangers will allow Canucks to take the 2019 31st overall 1st round pick, we'll settle for the 2020 first...

Reactions: olli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad