Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Jets: Up and At 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-Feb-28-300x169.jpg

Coach Noel met with the media today during a day off from action.

To listen click here.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Can't bring myself to post in the Post Game thread. Like the players, I want to simply forget those last two games.

Jets are still in 1st in the division, and 3rd in the conference, and hold their destiny in their own hands.

As the Simpsons would say, 'Up and Atom!' Go :jets Go!

They do... but it rests on them beating Carolina in the head to head games. Otherwise, with the games in hand, the Jets' destiny is partly in Carolina's feeble hands as well.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Nice to see the media easing up a bit. We're still division leaders.

THANK YOU. Games in hand, games not in hand, home games, away games, inter-division, extra-division ... sometimes you just have to look at the standings and take them for what they are!

Some'll go to great lengths on here, at the pub, wherever, just to take into account everything but ......... the standings.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
They do... but it rests on them beating Carolina in the head to head games. Otherwise, with the games in hand, the Jets' destiny is partly in Carolina's feeble hands as well.

Ah, but as you say: not if they beat Carolina in those games. Thus, it's in their hands to make it or not. ;)

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I shall eagerly await your post-game rant, at which point I will pounce all over you. :)

I'll help! :D

I'm actually still in the "We're still building the real Jets" camp, where if they end up not making the playoffs this year I won't stress too much as the owners have a long-term plan in place. I wasn't happy with those two losses, but honestly, if they put in a good effort, I won't be too unhappy with any further losses down the road. It's the stinkers that make me mad.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree. Bogosian is great, don't get me wrong. But, he's made some errors that would have people at Byfuglien's or Hainsey's throat.
So has Stuart... and Stuart ain't half the guy Bogosian is.

Byfuglien doesn't look like he's trying half the time. Hainsey is as soft as Charmin. Stuart and Bogo look like they give a **** and play the body - people are far more forgiving of the occasional (or in Stuart's case "continual") mistakes.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I'll help! :D

I'm actually still in the "We're still building the real Jets" camp, where if they end up not making the playoffs this year I won't stress too much as the owners have a long-term plan in place. I wasn't happy with those two losses, but honestly, if they put in a good effort, I won't be too unhappy with any further losses down the road. It's the stinkers that make me mad.

Yep this is kind of the start of it, when lots of contracts expire and some young blood rises. Jets could look quite different by next October.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Byfuglien doesn't look like he's trying half the time. Hainsey is as soft as Charmin. Stuart and Bogo look like they give a **** and play the body - people are far more forgiving of the occasional (or in Stuart's case "continual") mistakes.

He's kind of like Alexei Kovalev in that respect. I mean that you see glimpses where Buff could dominate a game if he put out 100%.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He's kind of like Alexei Kovalev in that respect. I mean that you see glimpses where Buff could dominate a game if he put out 100%.

I'm not so sure he isn't giving it his all - he just gets fatigued (whether the issue is conditioning or long shifts or just the extra effort involved in hauling 100 lbs more than Burmi or Little up and down the ice for 30 minutes a night) and makes mistakes. He's really looked bad these last few games - lots of errors and plays where he's just watching. I think Noel may have leaned a little too hard on Buff since his return from injury and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
The Jets better start winning because even Tampa can catch us and they are currently in 14th place. This is not the time to free fall. Go Jets Go

peg

Jul 8, 2010

The Jet's destiny is entirely their own to decide. If they finish the season 11 and 5 they are in the playoffs, regardless of what Carolina does. Even at 9 and 7 we should be watching hockey in May.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Will be away for the next few games, where can I view the games on-line?

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
I agree. Bogosian is great, don't get me wrong. But, he's made some errors that would have people at Byfuglien's or Hainsey's throat.
So has Stuart... and Stuart ain't half the guy Bogosian is.

The difference is that Bogo is 22 years old, and just entering his 5th pro season. He's gonna make the occasional mistake. He's getting better as time goes on.

Buff is 5 years older (27), in his 8th pro season and consistently makes THE SAME mistakes.

Hainsey will be 32 years old in 1/2 hour (Happy Birthday Ronny) and is in his 12th pro season and like Buff makes THE SAME mistakes.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
The difference is that Bogo is 22 years old, and just entering his 5th pro season. He's gonna make the occasional mistake. He's getting better as time goes on.

Buff is 5 years older (27), in his 8th pro season and consistently makes THE SAME mistakes.

Hainsey will be 32 years old in 1/2 hour (Happy Birthday Ronny) and is in his 12th pro season and like Buff makes THE SAME mistakes.

Just out of curiosity, what are those same mistakes?...

I want to watch for them.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

So???

Age is fine when talking about future like contracts, development and trades.... but when talking about results, I don't care.
Mistake by Jokinen is equal to its effect as a mistake by Burmi and Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad