Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Jets: Up and At 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Can't bring myself to post in the Post Game thread. Like the players, I want to simply forget those last two games.

Jets are still in 1st in the division, and 3rd in the conference, and hold their destiny in their own hands.

As the Simpsons would say, 'Up and Atom!' Go :jets Go!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thank you!!! Hope we get Garon tomorrow, he's beyond brutal :)

That should get some of our boys confidence back. Problem with this team right now is that Jokinen and Burmistrov HAVE to start chipping in offensively. You can't put that load on LLW and Kane the entire time.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
It's simple, win this game and go up 4 points on the division. Yes, Carolina will have 3 games in hand, but they would have to go 2 for 3 just to keep pace. Plus we are their next game so we'll have a chance to bury them even further.

Lots to be excited about! :naughty:

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
This is a must win game for several reasons. The Jets can't afford to keep losing divisional games and they need a win just to get some confidence back. Tampa is playing today and has to travel here so this is very winnable.

BurnabyJo

Jul 9, 2012
Winnipeg
Sidestepping the steaming pile of **** from the last two games and to try and improve my mood, I've been thinking today about what the Jets have been doing right this year:

Wright. Probably the best thing Chevy did this year.
Better road record.
More physical play. It was spotty last year but it seems to be a more consistent part of the Jets game.

yes, I said "consistent" and "Jets" in the same sentence. :sueme:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As much as I'm excited for the return of Toby Enstrom to the lineup, I am anxiously waiting for Wright, Slater, and Kulda to come back. Our depth really sucks without Slater and Wright, and I want to see if Kulda is going to be a better, more reliable bottom pair option than Postma, Meech, or even Stuart.

I also think that Peluso getting back will give us more options to add some vim and vigor to the lineup. Playing a 3 line game in this compressed schedule results in this team looking exhausted and flat.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Please, nobody describe this as a "must" game. I shouldn't have to explain that, either.

Tomorrow's contest doesn't mean anything more that a "friendly" between two teams that happen to be in the same division, that's all. I'm treating it as a pre-season game, just a walk in the park, not a match fraught with meaning or of any importance at all. :sarcasm:

I'll crack a couple of beers during the tilt, sit back, enjoy the company of the television broadcast crew from TSN Jets, my wife and our various animals, and all my HF Boards friends and revel in the fastest game and the best players in the world.

Seriously, it's a nothing game. Just enjoy the quality hockey, the great players, the awesome atmosphere of the MTSC, and perhaps the Jets will reward us with a OT point, or if we're really lucky, a win. Not that it matters at this point, though. The season is young, there's many more important games to play, and this will be just a minor blip on the radar screen of the 2013 NHL schedule when all is said and done.

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy. Not even worth breaking a sweat for this one. We'll witness Mr. Burmistrov going north-south, we'll marvel at Misters Byfuglien, Clitsome, Stuart Bogosian and Meech smashing the opposition about, Mr. Thorburn will issue a jolly good thrashing to some deserving Lightning miscreant, Misters Kane, Ladd, Wellwood, Little, Wheeler and Jokinen will enthrall us with their considerable assisting talents as they manufacture several brilliant offensive thrusts to set the table for Mr. Hainsey to bang in six (6) scoring treasures, and we will observe in wonderment as Misters Miettinen, Antropov, Tangradi and Cormier beguile and befuddle the opposing team, causing them to stumble about in confusion and bewilderment as Mister Pavelec constructs and defends a stone fortress in the blue paint, stifling the Lightning at every chance at a scoring attempt.

I'm calling the final result a smashingly good 6 goals to nil drubbing at the hands of Mr. Hainsey, as he celebrates his birthday and coincidentally Hainsey Month here at HF boards.

Last edited:

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Thank you!!! Hope we get Garon tomorrow, he's beyond brutal :)

That should get some of our boys confidence back. Problem with this team right now is that Jokinen and Burmistrov HAVE to start chipping in offensively. You can't put that load on LLW and Kane the entire time.

Another problem is that aside from Bogosian, Everyone else on the blue line is a complete liability when they're on the ice.

I really feel sorry for Pavelec. The guy has no chance right now with the talent on our blue line. Things will get better when Enstrom gets back, but watching guys like Byfuglien, Hainsey and Clitsome muddle their way through a game defensively is nauseating.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
My confidence has been shattered. Hope the Jets can rebuild it tomorrow. The sense of urgency to win every divisional game obviously hasn't sunk into their heads (as well as some posters here who so easily brushed off the Washington losses because "we're still in first/3rd"). UNACCEPTABLE!

Go Jets Go!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
My confidence has been shattered. Hope the Jets can rebuild it tomorrow. The sense of urgency to win every divisional game obviously hasn't sunk into their heads (as well as some posters here who so easily brushed off the Washington losses because "we're still in first/3rd"). UNACCEPTABLE!

Go Jets Go!

You approach cheering for them in your own fashion, and I'll do the same. I watched every last horrible second of those losses, as I'm sure you did, and would rather cheer for the team than agonize over what, in the end, is entertainment. Can't change those last two games, but I can hope for some entertaining and better games in future.

Go :jets Go!

StaticPrevails

Oct 6, 2011
Edmonton
Think that was his point lol

I am not a smart man.

forrest-gump.jpg

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I need to think about the next game because thinking about the last two makes me depressed.

Let's see if the Jets can right the ship, because they need to do it right now.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Please, nobody describe this as a "must" game. I shouldn't have to explain that, either.

Tomorrow's contest doesn't mean anything more that a "friendly" between two teams that happen to be in the same division, that's all. I'm treating it as a pre-season game, just a walk in the park, not a match fraught with meaning or of any importance at all. :sarcasm:

I'll crack a couple of beers during the tilt, sit back, enjoy the company of the television broadcast crew from TSN Jets, my wife and our various animals, and all my HF Boards friends and revel in the fastest game and the best players in the world.

Seriously, it's a nothing game. Just enjoy the quality hockey, the great players, the awesome atmosphere of the MTSC, and perhaps the Jets will reward us with a OT point, or if we're really lucky, a win. Not that it matters at this point, though. The season is young, there's many more important games to play, and this will be just a minor blip on the radar screen of the 2013 NHL schedule when all is said and done.

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy. Not even worth breaking a sweat for this one. We'll witness Mr. Burmistrov going north-south, we'll marvel at Misters Byfuglien, Clitsome, Stuart Bogosian and Meech smashing the opposition about, Mr. Thorburn will issue a jolly good thrashing to some deserving Lightning miscreant, Misters Kane, Ladd, Wellwood, Little, Wheeler and Jokinen will enthrall us with their considerable assisting talents as they manufacture several brilliant offensive thrusts to set the table for Mr. Hainsey to bang in six (6) scoring treasures, and we will observe in wonderment as Misters Miettinen, Antropov, Tangradi and Cormier beguile and befuddle the opposing team, causing them to stumble about in confusion and bewilderment as Mister Pavelec constructs and defends a stone fortress in the blue paint, stifling the Lightning at every chance at a scoring attempt.

I'm calling the final result a smashingly good 6 goals to nil drubbing at the hands of Mr. Hainsey, as he celebrates his birthday and coincidentally Hainsey Month here at HF boards.

I shall eagerly await your post-game rant, at which point I will pounce all over you. :)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Another problem is that aside from Bogosian, Everyone else on the blue line is a complete liability when they're on the ice.

Bogosian has made more than a few mistakes in the past couple weeks. Some leading directly to goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad