Seravalli: Tampa interested in Klingberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This is one the problems.

Do you want to penalize teams where a player is hurt long-term by not allowing them an even playing field against other teams to replace said hurt player?

This is why almost all the teams voted against LTIR benefits. In the long run, it hurts the team more than it hurts the league. Teams will look at what benefits them first over the league primarily. I understand that it being fair for one now makes it unfair for others. Complete catch-22, so you pick the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils becomes, teams who are lower on the rankings that aren't trying to make the playoffs can accumulate assets to improve further down the line from a team who has LTIR space trying to make the playoffs.

LTIR Doesn't Magically create more cap space

This is the huge misunderstood factor amongst fans. LTIR doesn't create cap space. The issue becomes playoffs where there is no cap. Teams gamble players coming back from LTIR will be just as good or game ready for the playoffs. Obviously some players are superstars and are fine coming back right away. Some not so much.

Solutions?

I have thought of one over the years.

Limit the amount of LTIR allotted to every team in the league. For example, a team can only use 10% of the cap for LTIR in any given year. Anything over 10% doesn't give any in season relief. You can still move a player to LTIR for insurance purposes, but will receive no relief.
How do you make the playing field even in terms of taxes-free states vs non taxes-free states?

• Haha
Reactions: PajamaBoy

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
How do you make the playing field even in terms of taxes-free states vs non taxes-free states?
How do you make the playing field even in terms of endorsements? What about signing bonuses?

Each region, each team might have its regional perks and downsides, impossible to regulate.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I agree, it's not just TB.....But I will say TB was the first to figure out how to use this bullshit LTIR to their advantage. Now teams are all doin it. It's just not fair to be honest. I don't think the league put this in play for teams to "cheat" the salary cap this way.
This has been debunked so many times, nobody gave a shit years ago when Chicago did it. Take a seat.

• Haha
Reactions: Glorydays22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad