Confirmed Trade: Tampa Bay Lightning trade F Jeremy Morin to Arizona Coyotes for F Stefan Fournier

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Nothing for nothing trade. I guess the Lightning logic is might as well get someone younger with a little bit of room to improve even if he can't skate. Size too. Morin was never going to make the team. Fournier probably never will either though.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Morin makes 200k in the AHL while Fournier makes 62.5k, Morin is the much better player and we aren't a cheap club so makes no sense except the Crunch coach came from the Q so maybe he likes something in Fournier and thinks he can get more out of him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Minor league trade. Normally I know who the players are in these minor deals but this one I really don't know much at all about both. AHL'ers for life.

Odd that you typically know about these minor trade players but you don't know Morin

Anyway I'll always hope that Fournier finds success. Him and Critchlow were warriors for the Moose

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
does anybody understand this trade?

Either they're making Morin a favor (Syracuse's Top 6 is very crowded) or the Crunch lacks toughness.

There are at least six ELCs that kicks in next season for Tampa (Stephens, Spencer, Yan, Cirelli, Joseph, Tammela and possibly Ingram and Imama) so I doubt Fournier has much of a future with the Lightning's organisation.

am I the only one who has not idea who these guys are?

Morin has been part of trades that included Byfuglien, Saad and Reimer so people who reads this board regularly are at least aware of his existence.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Odd that you typically know about these minor trade players but you don't know Morin

Anyway I'll always hope that Fournier finds success. Him and Critchlow were warriors for the Moose

Well I've heard of Morin but meh. Literally had no idea he was still playing hockey.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I had no idea Morin signed with the Lightning after his stint with us. Weird, I'm usually good at keeping track of players

whlscowt

I'm honestly surprised Arizona took on that much minors salary. It's a difference of 137.5k (whatever the prorated amount is, peanuts for an NHL org) but it adds up. I know the team is in better financial shape, but is it really in a position to add to the books on the off chance half the league was wrong about Morin who's sitting at what .5 AHL ppg? Seems like they could spend their money more wisely. Get some better marketing/PR or something.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Other than PL3, the Crunch have no one that is going to make the opponents think twice about anything other than which high value prospect to run first. Good for the Crunch, Morin never really fit in with what Tampa Bay wanted.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm honestly surprised Arizona took on that much minors salary. It's a difference of 137.5k (whatever the prorated amount is, peanuts for an NHL org) but it adds up. I know the team is in better financial shape, but is it really in a position to add to the books on the off chance half the league was wrong about Morin who's sitting at what .5 AHL ppg? Seems like they could spend their money more wisely. Get some better marketing/PR or something.

There will be plenty of money coming off the books in a few days.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

It isn't for the Coyotes. He is for the AHL team who has had a rough patch as of late that I'm guessing they want to get into the playoffs.

whlscowt

It isn't for the Coyotes. He is for the AHL team who has had a rough patch as of late that I'm guessing they want to get into the playoffs.

Is Morin the answer for a team sitting 5th in the Pacific? Sure they have games in hand to sneak into 4th, but even if the Stars do nothing the Condors have the better team/hotter. I think it was a poor use of funds but I'm definitely nickle and diming the situation simply because organizationally I think it would be better if they used that money for other department hires--they're like 28th in NHL attendance and 26th in Tucson, and from what I've read they aren't overly popular in their communities. Spend that money on PR, marketing, even grass roots hockey. It would do more for the organization than adding an AHL tweener.

That being said, the above poster makes a good point about more money being off the books soon.

Anyways, I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, who cares haha.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Syracuse is doing really well this season. May want to toughen up a bit down the stretch. AHL trade. Not much to talk about.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Morin is considered a AHL veteran while Fournier isn't, the Crunch need to open up a veteran spot with McGinn hopefully returning from injury soon or Dumont being sent down.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I feel like the Arizona GM is just some former HFboards poster that got lucky.

Pretty sure his role as GM of the Coyotes is all a hoax for the next season of Nathan For You.

It's really creepy actually. They look exactly alike. There's been some speculation that Comedy Central and the NHL made an agreement to pull something off for the next season. I don't know, Nathan has done some crazy **** and the NHL would probably stoop to any length to make sun belt hockey relevant.

For comparison.....

3R7beP9.jpg

Here's the guy from Nathan for you......

09-nathan-for-you.w750.h560.2x.jpg

So weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad