Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I can't argue against either points. The good thing about his being an analyst is he can be as blunt as he wants without having to worry about backlash. His bit about MSL is 100% spot on, but unfortunately he'd never be able to say that if he were coaching this team, regardless of how strongly he felt about it.

EDIT: whoops, I thought he said don't count on. Well then he's totally wrong here. He's not going to do squat. His age is getting to him. He's done.

As for Henrik, it's pretty clear the month and a half of rest helped him out tremendously. This year is as good as any to go and win that Cup.

Sucks that the first game is an afternoon game and we suck at afternoon games, and that we haven't won a game 2 at MSG in like 20 years.

It's going to be real tough.

It happened two weeks ago

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I haven't been able to post because of my wifi. Was at Stout's for Game 7. What a ****ing game. Can't wait for this series. It's going to be a battle.

Rangers in 7.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
10672369_1632802680290278_6468676089538420398_n.png

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
To be expected of those who were too young to remember, or weren't born yet.

For those that were old enough to remember or actually experienced it, it will always be something special that you wouldn't be able to understand unless you lived it.

I go back to 1974 and MSG just beats 94 to death.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I picked the Rangers in 7. They need to win the Special Teams. I think the teams are close 5 on 5. Will the bolts continue getting a lot of PP's? Can the Rangers keep up their PK work? Can the Rangers score PP goals? I think this will decide the series.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You know, they say all men are created equal, but you look at the NYR and you look at Tampa Bay, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another franchise, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin’. But we're genetic freaks, and we're not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin’ us! And then you add injuries to the mix? Your chances of winnin’ drastic go down. See the three-way, at ECF, they've got a 33 1/3 chance of winnin’. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause the ref KNOWS he can’t beat us, and he’s not even gonna try!

So, Tampa Bay, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin’ at ECF! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winnin’, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 … percents, we've got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at ECF! See, Mc...Bay; the numbers don’t lie, and they spell disaster for you at ECF!

(Bonus if you get the reference. It's a classic piece of comedy)

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Also, does anyone else think it's funny Bolts fans talking up Callahan to us?

As if we've never seen him play before? We probably know him better than they do at this point. He's pretty far down the list of Bolts player's to be scared of...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

As if we've never seen him play before? We probably know him better than they do at this point. He's pretty far down the list of Bolts player's to be scared of...

3 points in 16 playoff games for the Lightning and skating on the 4th line before tomorrow's game :laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I said it before and I'll say it again.

99% of their fan base has no idea what the hell they're watching :laugh:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hartford just eliminated the Baby Caps. Burakovsky got eliminated twice in 48 hours.

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015

Great points by Duguay in the post today about the Rangers not letting him go untouched in this series the way they shied away from contact with him during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad