Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
“@lindacohn: Really enjoyed my chat w @JohnTortorella2 on @SportsCenter today. He said don't count out @mstlouis_26 raising game vs TB. #NYR”

“@lindacohn: Torts also said he's never seen @HLundqvist30 play as well as he is now and says time off due to injury prob helped him for now. #NYR”
Not counting on St. Louis to do anything:

Coburn 6' 5"
Garrison 6' 3"
Sustr 6' 7"
Hedman 6' 6"

Zuccarello is elusive enough that the size of their defense wouldn't concern me against him; St. Louis is another story.

Edit: Whoops I read that as Torts saying "don't count on" lirl

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I have, what I believe, to be a very special reason to want to win the Cup. When they won in '94, I was not married and had no children. I was in my late 20s. Back then, when Sam made the famous line "and this one will last a lifetime", I thought to myself that if it had to be the only Cup that I would ever witness that I could accept it because I would always have this one forever in my memory.

But now I have children, a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. My son has been on the ice since he was 3 years old and now plays hockey throughout the year. We have been to many games together to the point that I don't enjoy the game at MSG as much if he's not with me. (Taking a second to not get emotional with that last thought).

Anyway, back to my main point. I now want to witness another Cup win but I want to share the moment with my children, especially with my son. That's all. Here's a picture he took with Anton Stralman outside MSG a couple of years ago.

Great story and great picture! It will be a pretty amazing experience if/when you and your family experience the Stanley Cup together.

I was in grade 7 in 1994 and I lived just outside of Vancouver. I was already a die hard Rangers fan though. As a young-in getting into hockey I was a fan of the Oilers dynasty, so when a bunch of those players wound up in NY I defacto became a fan. Being a devil's advocate by nature only entrenched my love for them even more in 94. I wore my Mike Richter jersey to school every game day of the playoffs, would get all my Ranger hockey cards, rangers pin and pennant and line them up on my coffee table just so for every game.

I'm about to have my first child, a girl, and I can't wait until she is old enough to watch and cheer for the Rangers with me.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not counting on St. Louis to do anything:

Coburn 6' 5"
Garrison 6' 3"
Sustr 6' 7"
Hedman 6' 6"

Zuccarello is elusive enough that the size of their defense wouldn't concern me against him; St. Louis is another story.

Edit: Whoops I read that as Torts saying "don't count on" lirl

MSL is elusive.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
MSL is elusive.
55088112.jpg

I would like to see Staal on Stamkos and McD-G on the triplets
Probably what will happen.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
It's not, and trust me...for those who were there to experience 94', we want it way more than those who were born on or around that year.

We had to live through the dark times of before 94' AND after, while most fans now complaining about 94' were learning how to ride a tricycle while I was forced to watch Dale Purinton try to stand on skates. :laugh:

Hahahaha Dale Purinton... Oh god I still cringe even just reading his name... :laugh:

Wolfy*

I'm a little worried here, we got owned by the Bolts in regular season. Gotta figure out how to beat Bishop and his defense core.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm a little worried here, we got owned by the Bolts in regular season. Gotta figure out how to beat Bishop and his defense core.

Except for the fact that it was a completely different lineup against them.

This team has yet to face them. Give them a chance first, as it's a clean slate for several reasons. But don't start off with worry, make them give you reason for it through their play during this series instead. Until that time, support them wholeheartedly.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
“@lindacohn: Really enjoyed my chat w @JohnTortorella2 on @SportsCenter today. He said don't count out @mstlouis_26 raising game vs TB. #NYR”

“@lindacohn: Torts also said he's never seen @HLundqvist30 play as well as he is now and says time off due to injury prob helped him for now. #NYR”

I can't argue against either points. The good thing about his being an analyst is he can be as blunt as he wants without having to worry about backlash. His bit about MSL is 100% spot on, but unfortunately he'd never be able to say that if he were coaching this team, regardless of how strongly he felt about it.

EDIT: whoops, I thought he said don't count on. Well then he's totally wrong here. He's not going to do squat. His age is getting to him. He's done.

As for Henrik, it's pretty clear the month and a half of rest helped him out tremendously. This year is as good as any to go and win that Cup.

Sucks that the first game is an afternoon game and we suck at afternoon games, and that we haven't won a game 2 at MSG in like 20 years.

It's going to be real tough.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
If we play them the same way we played the caps we'll win.

I think the majority of our problems so far has been our opposition taking away our style of play and slowing things down. TB should allow things to be more open style, which benefits us. Because I couldn't care less if TB gets to use their speed. I only care that we can use ours.

We got this.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I can't argue against either points. The good thing about his being an analyst is he can be as blunt as he wants without having to worry about backlash. His bit about MSL is 100% spot on, but unfortunately he'd never be able to say that if he were coaching this team, regardless of how strongly he felt about it.

EDIT: whoops, I thought he said don't count on. Well then he's totally wrong here. He's not going to do squat. His age is getting to him. He's done.

As for Henrik, it's pretty clear the month and a half of rest helped him out tremendously. This year is as good as any to go and win that Cup.

Sucks that the first game is an afternoon game and we suck at afternoon games, and that we haven't won a game 2 at MSG in like 20 years.

It's going to be real tough.

They just won game 2 in MSG last series.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
As a facebook user I saw said, If Tampa wants to ban out of state fans from their home games, that's fine. The Rangers will just ban Tampa from the final. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad