GDT: TAMPA BAY @ DETROIT / 10-14-7:30 / SEASON OPENER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruisebros2426

Sep 23, 2021
Larkin deserves a suspension. I figured we'd be well into the season before we questioned his temperament but here we are not even halfway through the first game of the season... that's not leadership. That's not the qualities of a captain. It wasn't even a penalty where he got pushed towards the boards but he thought cold cocking someone was an appropriate response? Nice.

Over all an entertaining game. Pretty loose. The kids look like they could flourish with some structure.

Ned looked good but when people are screaming at you to leave the puck, maybe just leave the puck.

Hronek with a weak clear to the point and can't be bothered to get back to the crease to cover the two guys scoring goals.

Seems like Glendenning is missed already.

How many other sacred cows can I go after....? Oh yeah, Mo didn't look great either.
That should've been a boarding minor on Joseph. No problem at all with Larkin taking a swing at him. Literally got knocked out last season because of a cheap shot from Benn that wasn't adequately punished and went unanswered for. To come back from injury and have some no name 4th liner throw a questionable hit on me... I'm getting up swinging too.

Tired of this organization and some of it's fans being complacent getting pushed around. This team has been a punch of pacifists for f***ing years. God forbid the captain of this god damn team show some emotion and take some justice into his own hands.

Bruisebros2426

Sep 23, 2021
Would be nice if our best player wasn't kicked out of the game for being boarded by some talentless scrub. They kept that p***y out of the game for fear of retaliation. Cowards. We need to go Charlestown Chiefs on them next game.
Wonder how many dorks here are still against the idea of dressing Witkowski. Toss him on the 4th line and see how Joseph plays next game.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Anyone remember the last game against tampa before the shutdown, and how crazy it was? (I think this is it)

We were going to play tampa for the last game of the season and it was building up to be a blood bath. This has been going on for awhile…

Bruisebros2426

Sep 23, 2021
We shouldn’t need to put him into the game for teammates to stand up for each other though.
I agree, but the reality is that he's around for games like this. Sure, scratch him against Columbus, Carolina, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. He should be out there for games where it's bound to get nasty.

Reactions: David D

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That should've been a boarding minor on Joseph. No problem at all with Larkin taking a swing at him. Literally got knocked out last season because of a cheap shot from Benn that wasn't adequately punished and went unanswered for. To come back from injury and have some no name 4th liner throw a questionable hit on me... I'm getting up swinging too.

Tired of this organization and some of it's fans being complacent getting pushed around. This team has been a punch of pacifists for f***ing years. God forbid the captain of this god damn team show some emotion and take some justice into his own hands.
Coming in mind Franzen and Datsyuk got injured and nobody stepped up

Reactions: 14ari13

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I had to pause the game after the second and come back later in the third

A couple takes from me
1. Ned looked really good, but then he didn't. As good as some of those goals were, you can't let in 6 goals. We blew a 3 goal lead and a 2 goal lead tonight.

2. We still need help on the back end, but it won't come this year.

3. Larkin getting kicked out hurt the team for the rest of the game, if he stays in, they win.

4. When we get vrana back, we'll be a really good team actually

It's really a shame he got kicked out when all the captains came out for him tonight and to watch him, but I respect him standing up for himself since the refs suck.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
How was Raymond in this game? Only one point. But that dont always tell the whole story.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
My take on the game... I'd happily take a record of 0-82 if all the games were TV at exciting.

Ill stand by my words when I say the Wings are gonna be very underated this year. Leddy is a monstrous addition he's looked really good and looks like a point machine.

Seider impressed me as well and will be out #1 damn this season. 2 points and a plus +1 in a 7-6 game and over 20 mins of ice time.

We didn't have Bert for almost the entire season and he did start out hot. Can he stay healthy and become an Elite scorer? Many will laugh at that but 4 tonight and could of had more. He's not a one trick pony all different goals starting with walking one of the leagues premier defenseman.

Raymond didn't really stand out to me but still think he's gonna be really good had a good game showed lots of patience with his assist.

Ned wasn't terrible 7-6 loss and a sub 900 save pct looks bad but he didn't look terrible. Stamkos and the kuch goal are going in now matter who you have in net.

Dekeyser is terrible and needs to get waived. Easily the worst dman last night in my eyes.

Larkin will get it least a game. Just got back from injury and takes that hit. His face said it all. I dont think a person can have any angrier look on his face. Smart move? No but i get it. He was clearly seeing red there.

The fiancée watched the entire game with me and actually said that was actually an exciting game to watch even though they lost.

It'll be an exciting year. Tough loss but Tampa is Tampa and they showed why they won back to back cups and they came to play last night. Stammer, Kuch,Hedman and gang are gonna make you pay on the power play.

AussieWings

Oct 12, 2018
Melbourne
I've been watching hockey for four years. Just Red Wings games. Tonight validated my decision to stick with it, and has made me realise how good the game can be. To lose in the end was disappointing, and there's plenty to improve on, but I didn't go into the game with huge expectations, and I'm genuinely excited for the years ahead.

I haven't read the thread yet, just finished the game. Anyone who has still been posting nothing but doom and gloom gets a big thumbs down from me.

Edit: And I see the last few pages have been mostly positive. Everyone can have a cookie as a reward for creating a pleasant environment.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021

Yep. I have zero issue with Larkin reacting like he did. Those hits could be career ending and given what he just went thru i have zero issues with it

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I've been watching hockey for four years. Just Red Wings games. Tonight validated my decision to stick with it, and has made me realise how good the game can be. To lose in the end was disappointing, and there's plenty to improve on, but I didn't go into the game with huge expectations, and I'm genuinely excited for the years ahead.

I haven't read the thread yet, just finished the game. Anyone who has still been posting nothing but doom and gloom gets a big thumbs down from me.

Edit: And I see the last few pages have been mostly positive. Everyone can have a cookie as a reward for creating a pleasant environment.

Great to hear.

I'm also been this second day after that game in very positive feelings, like almost happy and crying, happy and crying all the time. Crying for joy.

Because now I know that finally this team is legit again, and the TANK is over. We'll fight for real wins every night. Those guys still there like Larkin and Bertuzzi deserve everything after all those shitty years. And what can be best for the next generation kids like Raymond and Seider, than being this close of beating the champ. Where are they after 8 years of development? They will be the guys for others to beat.

This was like the first Rocky movie. Raise back on the top, but slight loss for a Champ. There will be the second chance (and million of other chances) and then these kids are only better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad