Post-Game Talk: Tame

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It was more of a, the whole fan base didn't want this guy to be hired and it didn't work out kind of thing.

The majority of this board wanted nothing to do with Lavi because of his previous stint, which was exactly how Jets fans felt about Gase after his Miami stint.

I guess it's more of an analogy than a comparison that I was making.

I wouldnt say a majority didnt want him. Id say a vocal portion hated the hire solely because he was a "retread", and thats a dirty word on HF. Turns out hes just a really good coach for a long time, which is what plenty of us were saying.

karljans8279

Jul 1, 2022
I wouldnt say a majority didnt want him. Id say a vocal portion hated the hire solely because he was a "retread", and thats a dirty word on HF. Turns out hes just a really good coach for a long time, which is what plenty of us were saying.
It's also looking more and more like his lack of success coaching Washington was due to how old and broken down that team is.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Definitely played a large role, but so does Laf's increased speed and strength. Kakko has regressed despite the lengthy leash so it's not just being given confidence that breeds success in their cases
my only retort with kakko is that zibs and kreider have been been ass at 5 v 5, that has definitely affected his output. neither of those two play a game that meshes well with him, and id even go as far to say as those two have dragged down kakko's play

with that being said i still need to see more from kakko, but the last two games away from those two hes been a more impactful player

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
4F2d.gif
A diverse and inclusive flamingo

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I think some of the concerns going into the hire were fair and It was also Defcon4 around here after the playoffs

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think some of the concerns going into the hire were fair and It was also Defcon4 around here after the playoffs

DEFCON 1 tbh. I said it at the time but we were hardly the first great team to disappoint in a first round series. In hindsight that series may have done more harm to the Devils in the short term because they let half their defense walk and didnt make a move in goal.

Keep Tro between Bread and Laf. I actually want to see Chytil centering Kakko and Cuylle. That could be a fun line mixing styles.

Agreed. Like the Kid line only I think Cuylle is more polished than Laf has been in years past. Crazy what a season in the AHL can do for a prospect.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Panarin and Laffy have been cooking all season. I don't think it'd matter, as long as the Center is skating... and that's the hope... or copium

Ultimately, I just want to get Zibs going. He's been lost. I guess they can seperate Kreider and him first, once Chytil gets back.

I believe in their power to get him going. Some Foie Gras and Caviar to energize him
Impossible foie gras and impossible caviar

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Cmox and duhmetreE

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I think that was a big moment for Wheeler and the team. Vally on the postgame pointed out that its hard for a veteran leader like Wheeler to have a voice in the locker room when he doesnt have a goal.

I thought the Kreider-Mika-Wheeler line looked better than the game before. Using their size and cycling well in the zone. I think theyre getting there as a line.

I agree - no shame in saying I felt it when he scored. Damn near celebrated the same too lol

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Can anyone post a video or photo of this plz?

Sadly I watch on ESPN+ and as such, I don't get to see the postgame usually (sometimes someone forgets to cut the game & it keeps going).

EDIT: Just found it... I can't even...

It's just soooooooo bad. WTF are they doing?????

Can't they just keep the setup downstairs with the walkway? There won't be people but still better than that crap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: will1066

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If that’s what you you got from that you’re clearly very sensitive about Gallant which also explains why you were an ass about it. It’s not all the coaches fault just like success is not all on the coach.

Laf sucked? Gallant’s fault!!!- not that he was a shit player. Kakko looks worse without Gallant, so your logic states that he misses Gallant (false of course). Or does that only work for Laf and Kakko gets excuses handed to him?
A system is a vastly important thing for players. Laf is clearly clicking in the new system, while Kakko is struggling in it. That doesn’t mean Kakko won’t eventually pick it up.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
A system is a vastly important thing for players. Laf is clearly clicking in the new system, while Kakko is struggling in it. That doesn’t mean Kakko won’t eventually pick it up.
I'm trying to see both sides....

Laffy had Panarin showing him the way... BOTH are skating and attacking hard.

Kakko has had Zibs. Kakko has had very little to no support or attack from his Center/Linemates.

The system demands that pressure/attack style. I do not know why Zibs has played the way he has. Hopefully he breaks out of it soon.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lafreniere has made some smart plays this year playing off of Panarin, and know what Panarin can do and what he should be doing.

It's not easy for Lafreniere now that he's not in the Q. He needs to learn how to be a regular guy and still be effective.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Many people didn’t want Laviolette because historically he tanks his teams offense. NYR already were an above average defensive team last year and were bottom 10 offensively. Many were hoping for an offensive/transition oriented coach given that they scored a combined 2 goals in their 4 losses against NJD and got blanked twice.

So far it’s gone pretty much as expected. 5v5 offense is nonexistent for 3/4 lines and NYR are sitting bottom 3 overall in offensive generation with a marginal increase defensively. Power play still amazing, goalies amazing, finishing above average. It’s still early but last years deficiency is still a huge question mark.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Many people didn’t want Laviolette because historically he tanks his teams offense. NYR already were an above average defensive team last year and were bottom 10 offensively. Many were hoping for an offensive/transition oriented coach given that they scored a combined 2 goals in their 4 losses against NJD and got blanked twice.

So far it’s gone pretty much as expected. 5v5 offense is nonexistent for 3/4 lines and NYR are sitting bottom 3 overall in offensive generation with a marginal increase defensively. Power play still amazing, goalies amazing, finishing above average. It’s still early but last years deficiency is still a huge question mark.

Defensive coverage has been much better. Also we've been a lot better generating chances 5 on 5 the last couple chances.

BTW, I don't doubt that he tanks teams' offenses but I didn't get the sense that's why people didn't want him. He was retread whose last spot was unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad