3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don’t want him with bread. Those 2 don’t work together and I don’t want to see bread go back to his floating bs we saw the last 2 years.
Different system.

That’s one way to look at out but if 2/3rds of the line is skating, maybe it gets Zibs more engaged.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don’t want him with bread. Those 2 don’t work together and I don’t want to see bread go back to his floating bs we saw the last 2 years.
With Panarin playing the way he can, and Laffy gaining confidence daily......now all I wanna see is Filip centering them. Could be a really dominant FIRST line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
that's funny, Mika's one-timer. There have been periods over that past few years where it was deadly. I mean he seems effective as Ovechkin. But then the rest of the time it's not happening.

At least they're not over-utilizing it while his scope isn't properly sighted in.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
That’s stretching it and sounds like some MSG propaganda.

He’s been abysmal in the Ozone. He’s paid to score.

Everyone is in agreement, he needs to get going. He needs to be separated from Kreider and put between Panarin and Laffy.
Laf is cooking for the first time in his career and you wanna slap that sad sack between him and Panarin

Reactions: UnSandvich

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
That’s stretching it and sounds like some MSG propaganda.

He’s been abysmal in the Ozone. He’s paid to score.

Everyone is in agreement, he needs to get going. He needs to be separated from Kreider and put between Panarin and Laffy.
Can't agree with you on this one. Keep him away from those two.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Different system.

That’s one way to look at out but if 2/3rds of the line is skating, maybe it gets Zibs more engaged.

I'm not with nuking something that is cooking to try to get someone else going.

We're going to have to ride this one out. If we're mixing things up I'd flip Kreider and Cuylle before swapping centers.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know, I ragged on my Bro, Tro. AKA My Cousin Vinny about 5 games ago. WHAM, now he's scored 4 or 5 in that time.
So now, I will rag on my man Mika. Come on Mika, get your HAIR out of your ass!

Works every time.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm not with nuking something that is cooking to try to get someone else going.

We're going to have to ride this one out. If we're mixing things up I'd flip Kreider and Cuylle before swapping centers.
Panarin and Laffy have been cooking all season. I don't think it'd matter, as long as the Center is skating... and that's the hope... or copium

Ultimately, I just want to get Zibs going. He's been lost. I guess they can seperate Kreider and him first, once Chytil gets back.

Can't agree with you on this one. Keep him away from those two.
I believe in their power to get him going. Some Foie Gras and Caviar to energize him

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
With Panarin playing the way he can, and Laffy gaining confidence daily......now all I wanna see is Filip centering them. Could be a really dominant FIRST line.
I rather like Tro centering this line. He's a bit more of a greasy dog, and I'd rather someone like that fill that role while Laf focuses on flexing his newfound offensive swagger

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I like Trocheck on the 3rd line but he is better than Chytil with Panarin and Laf. That line is a compete line and looks dangerous.

-Laf looks like he is taking that next step.
-Cuylle looks like a real solid NHL player with a nice future.
-Gus needs to be signed but I fear he is going to get paid in the offseason to be a top 4 guy.
I agree. Trocheck wins 200000% of his draws which really helps the line get rolling (same for the PP), and he seems to have pretty good chemistry with Laf. Chytil is a little too much bull in china shop head down and make the simple plays for Laf and Panarin. Trocheck, and especially Laf (can't believe I'm saying this), have the vision and off the puck smarts to be in the ideal spots to feed and be fed by Panarin.

I really saw SOOOO little from Laf the past few years, it's amazing what the extra speed and strength have given him- both physically and mentally. He's putting himself and the puck in spots where he can make a play and the D will be in a bad position. Last year everytime he'd try it would be an easy turnover for the D. When Laf needs to buy time for teamates to catch up he becomes shifty and uses his newfound agility, speed and balance to do it, none of which he was able to do even last season. So refreshing!

Kakko looked good (better) with scrub linemates and against weaker D. He takes the puck more and gets it to the net more. Could have had an assist or two that Fleury robbed but with scrub linemates, that's kind of the tradeoff.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Travolta might be my least favorite celebrity ever. Close between him & Jonah Hill.
I read as 'most favorite' and was at first like 'ok.....I guess' and then read the Jonah Hill part and was
1699632979800.png

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
9 in 13 for Laf. Took him 20 games to get there last season.
And 14 of those games last season were with Panarin/Tro, so it's not just linemates who are making him more effective and productive
I've seen around here 'why didn't previous coaches ever try to play Laf with Panarin?!?!' as if Laf was the same guy then and now. Clearly not the case. Aside from that Gallant did try it and when he did the whole line got dragged down immensely. Did system play a role? Maybe. But Laf's inability to ever make a play was definitely a factor too.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I've seen around here 'why didn't previous coaches ever try to play Laf with Panarin?!?!' as if Laf was the same guy then and now. Clearly not the case. Aside from that Gallant did try it and when he did the whole line got dragged down immensely. Did system play a role? Maybe. But Laf's inability to ever make a play was definitely a factor too.
There’s just no way. There’s no way we’re coming in here after these last two Laf games and going out of our way to simp Gerard Gallant. Bootlicking masterclass

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lol, come on, Gallant tried Lafreniere at rw for a minute. He had one of his best games last year on the left side of Zib but Gallant pulled the plug on that by the 3rd period. Anyone that knows anything about hockey knows you can't put someone on a line for a few periods and say it doesnt work, the only difference this year is the coach left him there long enough to get chemistry and confidence in himself, that is all.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Trocheck since coming here has been, from a value perspective, Derek Stepan. I'd argue that he brings a little more than Stepan did, in fact. His contract is a year or two too long. It is, however, less than what Stepan signed for when he got his big deal. Both in terms of pure AAV and percentage of the cap. Stepan's of course came when he was a few years younger. Anyway, I think Trocheck so far has been a very good value for the team. He contributes points, plays both ends, brings a bit of an edge, leadership, etc. Again, the contract is a little long but hopefully as the cap begins to increase it becomes less of an issue. I've been very happy with Vinny.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I prefer Chytil with the Panarin laf line but with Kakko on line 3 i think it would be smart to try him on that line, cuyyle, chytil and kakko could help Kakko get going and it would be a really tough line to deal with on the forecheck.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
There’s just no way. There’s no way we’re coming in here after these last two Laf games and going out of our way to simp Gerard Gallant. Bootlicking masterclass
If that’s what you you got from that you’re clearly very sensitive about Gallant which also explains why you were an ass about it. It’s not all the coaches fault just like success is not all on the coach.

Laf sucked? Gallant’s fault!!!- not that he was a shit player. Kakko looks worse without Gallant, so your logic states that he misses Gallant (false of course). Or does that only work for Laf and Kakko gets excuses handed to him?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I prefer Chytil with the Panarin laf line but with Kakko on line 3 i think it would be smart to try him on that line, cuyyle, chytil and kakko could help Kakko get going and it would be a really tough line to deal with on the forecheck.
honestly going forward id prefer to keep tro with panarin and laf

chytil with kakko and cuyle is a big body line, and id like to see what they can do

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Zib sucks ass right now and it’s 100% justified. He gets paid 8.5 to not look like he is a full time Swedish house mafia member, cry a river wahhh. Him and Kreider are legit some of the dumbest 5v5 players I’ve ever seen. Puck support doesn’t exist for them, isn’t even a concept.

Team hasn’t had a legit first line since I’ve been watching lmao. Panarin got raked over the coals (rightfully so) last year. It’s tofu boy’s turn

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lol, come on, Gallant tried Lafreniere at rw for a minute. He had one of his best games last year on the left side of Zib but Gallant pulled the plug on that by the 3rd period. Anyone that knows anything about hockey knows you can't put someone on a line for a few periods and say it doesnt work, the only difference this year is the coach left him there long enough to get chemistry and confidence in himself, that is all.
That’s the only difference? If you think Laf is the same player he was last year but was just given a chance, then I don’t know what to tell you

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
That’s the only difference? If you think Laf is the same player he was last year then I don’t know what to tell you
the reason is confidence, its blatantly obvious hes been given a longer leash by lav. laf and to an extent kakko changed their games to not make mistakes and when you do that you play timid and afraid

this laf was there last year but he didnt want to be stapled to the bench or demoted to the 4th line if he made a mistake

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
the reason is confidence, its blatantly obvious hes been given a longer leash by lav. laf and to an extent kakko changed their games to not make mistakes and when you do that you play timid and afraid

this laf was there last year but he didnt want to be stapled to the bench or demoted to the 4th line if he made a mistake
Definitely played a large role, but so does Laf's increased speed and strength. Kakko has regressed despite the lengthy leash so it's not just being given confidence that breeds success in their cases

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Why would you ever think he'd turn out like Adam Gase? Gase had one other job and was awful at it. Lavi has had many and was sucessful.
It was more of a, the whole fan base didn't want this guy to be hired and it didn't work out kind of thing.

The majority of this board wanted nothing to do with Lavi because of his previous stint, which was exactly how Jets fans felt about Gase after his Miami stint.

I guess it's more of an analogy than a comparison that I was making.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad