Rumor: Tallon: Adding a goal scorer is a priority

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
No to all of them. Getting Boedker and call it the day is like saying to the fans: We do not care anymore.
Boedker's 22pts/11 goals would lead the team in scoring and goals scored.

We can't go to the trade/UFA market with a "superstar or bust" -attitude.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

No Soupy unless you are doing what the fans from the seats want it is always a failure.

Just go to NHL headquarters and take a number, and sooner or later it will be our turn for "the right type of superstar"...

:help:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

He's also scored 8 of his goals in 3 games. He's the definition of a streaky goal scorer, something we already have an abundance of.

My vote would be Radim Vrbata. He's a lot more consistent overall. Has scored 20+ goals in 5 of his seasons and the Canucks will be selling this year for sure.

He also has ties to Tallon.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
He's also scored 8 of his goals in 3 games. He's the definition of a streaky goal scorer, something we already have an abundance of.

My vote would be Radim Vrbata. He's a lot more consistent overall. Has scored 20+ goals in 5 of his seasons and the Canucks will be selling this year for sure.

I'm on board this train, as well.

EstConf96*

No Soupy unless you are doing what the fans from the seats want it is always a failure.

Just go to NHL headquarters and take a number, and sooner or later it will be our turn for "the right type of superstar"...

:help:

Why are you trying to be cute? Not wanting to get a nothing player like Boedker is not the same thing as your charade here.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Funny that you mentioned Vrbata, since he fits your streaky scorer like a glove, whereas Boedker has been more of a 2-way guy that has taken his time to start producing offensively.

Kind of reminds me of Kuba. On the wrong side of 30 and having his stats boosted by a star player, though in Vrbata's case it's two players. He isn't the player he was in Phoenix anymore and signing him would be a very Panthers™ esque move. Rather roll with Pirri if he's the only guy available.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Why are you trying to be cute? Not wanting to get a nothing player like Boedker is not the same thing as your charade here.

The fact of the matter is, that when a larger name player becomes available, it is because of some outside factor, limitation in his game, large salary, organizational change, personal issue etc.

The way you find the right guys, is by drafting them, there is someone in free agency that can actually help put a team over the hump once every 10-15 years, you see it all the time, the UFA period is not how losing teams change the culture, you have to build and grow it.

Boedker is not a fantastic top 6 guy, he doe shave flaws in his game, those things cannot be debated, but who are you gonna sign that isn't, who are you going to acquire that would not have some issue? You have to take a chance, Seguin is a prime recent example of this, dealt, under value for the player he is today, "attitude problems etc." and hey it worked out.

They took a shot, it rarely works out, we need to build from within, and continue churning out players we can replace, I feel we are one top end piece away from having a viable offense.

You can call it cute, you can call it whatever you want, you UFA suggestions and expectations are out of whack, and generally this is the method that most mediocre teams choose and end up staying mediocre.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Rather stay younger on the talent acquisitions.

So, I would prefer to see a move to bring in Boedker over Vrbata unless the price on Vrbata is dirt cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad