Value of: Talbot to NYI!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'd do it if Buffalo doesn't qualify Lehner and he's signing with the Oilers.

But I'd also want a return NYI wouldn't want to give like 12 for Talbot and 40.
And I would like 10thOV for Pelech+2nd.
Unfortunately, that fantasy trade is not happening anymore then Talbot +40th for 12th.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don't buy it for a second that RNH or Skinner are involved. But weirder things have happened when it comes to goalies. If Chia can turn Talbot and Looch into something good, I'd probably be all for it.

I think Talbot is very important to the team, he was the team mvp that got them to the playoffs.

But for a good enough deal I'm ok with moving him and hoping to find another goalie.

You could probably even get someone like Steve Mason on the cheap in case Koskinen sucks.

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
Talbot+40th for 12th is bullshit. Right now is Talbot worth mid 1st round pick alone. Oilers paid 2nd round alone when he was unproven backup But now he is legit starting golie. If the trade looks like Talbot for 12th a will do it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think Talbot is very important to the team, he was the team mvp that got them to the playoffs.

But for a good enough deal I'm ok with moving him and hoping to find another goalie.

You could probably even get someone like Steve Mason on the cheap in case Koskinen sucks.

Maybe in a world where Conner McDavid doesn’t exist.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Talbot+40th for 12th is bull****. Right now is Talbot worth mid 1st round pick alone. Oilers paid 2nd round alone when he was unproven backup But now he is legit starting golie. If the trade looks like Talbot for 12th a will do it.
Yeah. Larry Brooks last weekend indicated the nyi are balking at giving up a top 12 pick for their #1 choice Grubrauer.,who is younger and coming off a stronger season.

Pretty sure the isles are not giving up a top 12 pick for Talbot coming off a crap season and 1 yr from unrestricted free agency.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Makes no sense for Edmonton to trade Talbot, unless they are getting someone like Grubuer back.
Seems weird still though because Edmonton was in dire need for a starter for years until they brought in Talbot.

Chia is looking for his next Rask by signing all these Euro goalies... its not going to work...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Sounds like a whole lot of nothing.

But just to play along, what if this tied into us swooping in and grabbing Darling and Faulk right under Chicago's nose in a Lucic deal? Could we stomach that?

What would Lucic have to do with Carolina?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Makes no sense for Edmonton to trade Talbot, unless they are getting someone like Grubuer back.
Seems weird still though because Edmonton was in dire need for a starter for years until they brought in Talbot.

Chia is looking for his next Rask by signing all these Euro goalies... its not going to work...
I'd think signing these Euro goalies is more about finding the next Thomas than the next Rask. That applies especially to a guy like Koskinen for example. But anyway, Chia isn't going to trade Talbot unless he gets his next goalie first, and one that is proven to be better than Talbot. I also don't think Talbot has lost favor with the team yet, and that this upcoming season will be all about supporting him better, trying out Koskinen and seeing if he is one of those late bloomers. Next offseason will be the more interesting offseason in terms of our goalie situation, if Talbot doesn't do well.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
If we are somehow snagging Grubauer, for less than we can get for Talbot.....Or Stuart Skinner develops savant like skills over the summer...

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
You can't hide behind team failure.

Sounds like alot of these guys can't take the heat... and it was definitely on in ETown last year and still currently there. I would say the Oiler fans have been very patient over the past decade... time is up... and unfortunately for the current roster, they are going to bear the frustration 10+ years of ineptitude has brought upon this organization.

Talbot was bad last year, Lucic was bad last year... and a few others as well. Edmonton knows hockey and have expressed their frustration with substandard performances. Everyone, including the players, read social media.

Talbot, played well for year 1, outstanding in year 2 and substandard in year 3. I think he and Milan who had the luxury of living in obscurity in places like NYC, Boston and LA.

As an impact NHL player in Canadian markets... you are either a King or a Jester... there is no in between. It is in the down years that you see the true character of these guys. It is not saying either of these players asked for a trade, so I am not passing judgement.

Talbot's decline started with the delivery of his twins. I have a feeling that in could be family commitments that could be influencing this rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if his NT list is comprised of all of the Western teams. I think the wives read more SM that the players and can't take it (See Hoffman/Karlsson as a classic example). Don't underestimate the influence wives have over where UFAs sign or when players demand trades.

Maybe the being a Canadian market is the #1 reason all Canadian markets continue to struggle (does that make sense). Weather, fishbowl effect, social activity (not all), tax rates, etc. Maybe all of these other GMs know they are in an advantageous position when they step to the bargaining table.

I don't know... just seems odd that every terrible GM is part of a Canadian organization.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
Shannon mentioned Talbs is available. Maybe not the Islanders but he will be traded.

PC is considering Grubauer according to rumors, again no source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad