WJC: Switzerland - Latvia

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
What is it he's good at? I'm yet to find out. What I see is a minion with zero rebound control consistently overcommitting and losing his net.
I don't like him much either. He sometimes can string thogether some strong saves for a good period. But I have rarely seen him going mistake free for a whole game. He is certainly on the lower end of our WJC goalies in the last few years.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
The entire GCK line is useless. All they do is turn over pucks and their play against the puck is poor as well. The Muller line is far better and the top6 (minus Jabola) is anyway.

At least Truog has some hustle and energy to his game. Reichle just doesn't seem to be able to contribute in any way.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's not bad, but I also don't see an upcoming NLA-goalie in him. And at a WJC you should ideally have goalies which have this potential.

Switzerland now dominant. Berzins with some good saves.
He's easily the worst goalie I ever watched at this level. For Switzerland anyway but maybe even overall. If you're this small as a goalie you need a clean technique and excellent positioning to provide some kind of solid goaltending at this level. Pasche has none of it. He's bad at everything. Should probably try his luck as a skater or in a different sport.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
And Baechlers main skillset is being big.
Yeah forgot Baechler played for Zürich. Havent been impressed by him either so far. Maybe Bayer felt the need to compensate the fact that most of the other forwards are undersized.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just gotta break up the GCK line. It's clearly not gonna work. If they don't wanna go there because the other lines are kinda clicking then at least reduce the TOI of the GCK guys and lean on the Muller line. The Muller line has been excellent.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What is it he's good at?
At making 9/10 saves? And that includes this game.

Again I'm not saying he is the jewel of Swiss youth hockey but he is definitely an adequate goalie for this sort of level if you have reasonable expectations.

He's easily the worst goalie I ever watched at this level.
Like these kind of statements just make you sound like a hater.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Such a turd of a goal, but I'll take it.

Overall, we probably played our worst hockey over these last 2 WJC tournaments during those first 10 minutes of the period. Just shoddy play all around. Bleh. Mediocre.

Lucky to have that 2-1 lead coming into the 3rd if we're being honest.

And I sure hope Abols vocal chords will be even more grating than usual after the intermission. We have to bring our A game now, boys.

Reactions: Kalv

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
At making 9/10 saves? And that includes this game.

Again I'm not saying he is the jewel of Swiss youth hockey but he is definitely an adequate goalie for this sort of level if you have reasonable expectations.

Like these kind of statements just make you sound like a hater.
Hater? What?

Numbers don't say anything. At least not 9 of 10 saves. What qualities does he have? Is there anything he's good at? Or even better than any other goalie in that tournament in recent years? I'd love to find out because I haven't seen anything like it. I've tried really hard but what I see is freaking me the f*** out game after game. I've never seen anything like it at this level. It's driving me insane.

As a Swiss you expect to get above average goaltending in these tournaments because that's what we tend to get in most years. Pasche isn't even close from average. So no. He's not adequate.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
IIHF website has a 10 minute penalty listed for Delay of Game. That has to be a mistake right?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did Hagmann just say that Taibel's yet to meet expectations? What did I miss? Wasn't he named Switzerlands player of the tournament in the summer WJC? If not he should have been. He was player of the game at least once and he was also named best player in game 1 vs Finland. Not sure what else Hagmann expected. Taibel is still underager.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Swap Jabola and Truog and swap TOI of the 3rd and 4th line is what I'd try.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Bicshel is a wonderful prospect

Dallas is going to be a powerhouse for years
Loved him as a prospect in his draft year and felt he should have gone in the 9-12 range. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays against the better skating teams.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This Berzins guy is so much better than Pasche, it's not even funny. Like night and day. So calm and sound positionally. Very clean technique as well. Switzerland not doing enough to really test him but they also get no rebounds at all. If the teams swap goalies, this game is already over.

Reactions: Pieck

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I just cannot believe we have no better option than Jabola around.

And why Bichsel is not playing PP also nobody knows.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I just cannot believe we have no better option than Jabola around.

And why Bichsel is not playing PP also nobody knows.
Garessus is injured but Marchon and Nicolet probably would have been available.

I fully expected Jabola to get cut despite the three guys missing. If they wanna play him that's fine with me but it should be in a very limited role. They can't play him with Taibel and Alge. He's not good enough to play a large role with some of the teams best forwards. I'd try Perrenoud, Truog or Ramel in that top6 spot instead.

You know I think Bayer is a grade a moron but I actually don't mind Bichsel not playing PP. They probably just want him on the ice at even strength and shorthanded for as much as possible because he's the best defender both against the puck and with the puck even if there's little or no space. Bichsel is still gonna play the heaviest minutes despite not getting much PP-time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad