Cjunskis - Ravinskis - Veckaktins

GX

Dec 28, 2011
No line changes for Latvia (at least on paper), Berzins starts

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No changes for Switzerland either. Don't know. Riding Pasche back to back sounds like a crazy idea:laugh:
Also, that GCK line was a mess almost all game long and Jabola can't seem to keep up with Alge and Taibel. A loss vs Latvia and we're back to square one. Dangerous game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm disappointed the IIHF couldn't find any Latvian or Swiss refs or linesmen for this one. Can't just break with tradition.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That backcheck from Muller was some dedication.

Robin makes it 1-0.
I hope Muller is gonna get more icetime. Looks decent so far and he's the youngest player on the roster. Almost a double underager.

Please demote Jabola. In all over his head on that 2nd line and this was an incredibly dumb penalty to take.

Reactions: Chainshot

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Love how little offensive pressure Latvia has used to successfully convert it into goals so far this tournament

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
I like these teams and Slovakia too… wish they could all make the quarters somehow but Finland is probably safe now lol

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If Pasche had any kind of control over his rebounds whatsoever then this goal against doesn't happen. I mean the shot came from high danger zone but it was fired right at him. That juicy rebound right onto the next Latvian's stick just isn't good enough. That's poor goaltending.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
We're not speedy enough in transition, which means we're not able to maintain that posession of the puck in the O zone, and we don't have enough space and passing lanes open when we have to return back to our own end and we are under constant pressure everywhere.

And that is something you can't coach, this Swiss team is half a step faster most of the time.

And I have to say the Swiss look a little better than I expected overall. On paper they really don't look very impressive.

We still can get some points today, but we have to be very efficient.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
If Pasche had any kind of control over his rebounds whatsoever then this goal against doesn't happen. I mean the shot came from high danger zone but it was fired right at him. That juicy rebound right onto the next Latvian's stick just isn't good enough. That's poor goaltending.
Yeah, but he also doesn't get much help from his teammates in this situation.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is U20s, I'm pretty sure his goaltending is on par with the average :laugh: You just have to take a bad goal here and there.

And I have to say the Swiss look a little better than I expected overall. On paper they really don't look very impressive.
Yeah, considering their friendlies and win over Finland, they have been very impressive for what that roster appears to be.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This is U20s, I'm pretty sure his goaltending is on par with the average :laugh: You just have to take a bad goal here and there.

Yeah, considering their friendlies and win over Finland, they have been very impressive for what that roster appears to be.
Our goalies have been much better in recent years. JvP, Fatton, Patenaude, Charlin etc. Even Hollenstein was average at least. The only one who played poorly was probably Schmid. Our goaltending was way above average in probably 9 of 10 years but Pasche is far from average. He's brutal. Great athlete but very poor hockey goalie. He's as small as a minion and there's nothing he's good at. Poor technique, poor positioning, no rebound control whatsoever.

Yeah, but he also doesn't get much help from his teammates in this situation.
That's what I said. Shot came from high danger area in the slot but it was a poor shot fired right at him. Even a half decent goalie would hold onto that puck or at least have a little bit of control over the rebound.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Our goalies have been much better in recent years. Way above average in probably 9 of 10 years but Pasche is far from average. He's brutal. Great athlete but very poor hockey goalie. He's as small as a minion and there's nothing he's good at. Poor technique, poor positioning, no rebound control whatsoever.
I mean he plays major junior hockey with reasonable success. You might not like him but he is actually a very decent goalie, your critique for the 2nd championship in a row is somewhat overbearing.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He's not bad, but I also don't see an upcoming NLA-goalie in him. And at a WJC you should ideally have goalies which have this potential.

Switzerland now dominant. Berzins with some good saves.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean he plays major junior hockey with reasonable success. You might not like him but he is actually a very decent goalie, your critique for the 2nd championship in a row is somewhat overbearing.
What is it he's good at? I'm yet to find out. What I see is a minion with zero rebound control consistently overcommitting and losing his net.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Reichle is such an innefective player. He has been terrible in almost every NT game I have seen him in. Just shows how bad our U20 league is when a guy like him can put up video game numbers there...

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Reichle is such an innefective player. He has been terrible in almost every NT game I have seen him in. Just shows how bad our U20 league is when a guy like him can put up video game numbers there...
The entire GCK line is useless. All they do is turn over pucks and their play against the puck is poor as well. The Muller line is far better and the top6 (minus Jabola) is anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad