GDT: Switzerland - France

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Switzerland is a much better team, no question about it but don't minimize what France did in the first considering its means it's noticable
Yeah, you got rewarded with 2 goals. That is noticeable. Hockey isn't the game where you convert everything, it's the game where the goalie stops 90% of the shots and penalties have 30% chance to get converted. 2 goals out of that period seems absolutely fair to me.

Shots 36-18 at the moment, score 4-2. That's like picture-perfect fairness.

Derbon99

May 18, 2021
After such a game yesterday Swiss players were not really into the first period
Against weaker opponents it happens
Let s keep the points and the fact the team reacted
The rest is not important at all

Reactions: BruinLVGA

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I feel like France would have done much better had they not shot themselves in the foot with penalty after penalty.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I feel like France would have done much better had they not shot themselves in the foot with penalty after penalty.
Switzerland scored only 1 goal in PP. The reason why France was doing well at the beginning is Switzerland shooting themselves in the foot.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland scored only 1 goal in PP. The reason why France was doing well at the beginning is Switzerland shooting themselves in the foot.

PP looked to fancy and complicated I agree. They were overpassing the puck and were way to eager to feed it to Meier. The 5 on 3 was emblematic for this. I hope they streamline their approach for the game against the Germans.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
It's not only about power play goals though. When you constantly play shorthanded you waste a lot of energy, plus some players don't see the ice while others are overplayed. This takes a huge toll on the team even if the PK is successful.

So even if there was just one power play goal, all those needless slashes and interferences turned to be costly for France.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
They didn't take a single penalty after the 2-3 mid-game but still couldn't really create something in the remaining 25 minutes. Those PP's in the 2nd period were surely not beneficial to begin with, but let's not act like France were on the same level 5v5.
Switzerland gave them 4-5 high danger chances in the first period like nicely wrapped presents. After that, the game only went into one direction.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Your comment is the typical example of why you were beaten by France in the first half: the Swiss team was condescending to us and we punished them with our speed and intensity.
1. You beat nobody, as games last (at least) 60 minutes.
2. You punished nobody: you were the beneficiary of a) Corvi gifting the puck to Teixier alone in front of Berra and b) Suter falling to the ice while covering the dude that ended up being the goal scorer of the second goal, hence missing the assignment which the other Swiss players took for granted he was doing.
“Christmas“ came for you three times (the third event was another beer league level play that gifted you a breakaway, that then generated a penalty shot that Teixier tried to shoot like he was McDavid and made himself look like a complete fool. He tried to score with one hand, thought that he was at the all star game I guess, what an idiot) in that game and you scored on two of those.
In the first period alone, Switzerland, while playing at a leisure level, already generated enough scoring chances to put you & your two gifts away for good, but for lack of sang froid and concentration, didn‘t score.

To recap… Your “speed and intensity„ isn‘t anything special: as I said, we had to literally gift you your goals and at the same time whiff on huge chances for this 2-0 to happen.

If you want to see the real quality of this team, who is 6-0 so far in the tournament and not by chance or gifts by others (by the way, we even gifted three goals to Canada and we also beat them soundly at the end) but by hard work, look at the remaining two periods where we outscored you 5-0, and most especially we held you to 9 shots in total. Switzerland, as we stand today, is in a class or two above where you are, and even when we totally f*** up an entire period because of lack of concentration, we end up winning easily. That‘s where it‘s at.

Last but not least, now that we can even beat you in soccer where you are the reigning world champions, it might be the time for you to just retreat in good order and don‘t talk about „beating and punishing“, because. it. is. not. going. very. well. for. you.

Last edited:

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Texier tried to shoot like he was McDavid and made himself look like a complete fool. He tried to score with one hand, thought that he was at the all star game I guess, what an idiot

Last but not least, now that we can even beat you in soccer where you are the reigning world champions, it might be the time for you to just retreat in good order and don‘t talk about „beating and punishing“, because. it. is. not. going. very. well. for. you.
What a pathetic post... French complex or something ?
Oh boy :rolleyes:

I hope the best for Switzerland.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
What a pathetic post... French complex or something ?
Oh boy :rolleyes:

I hope the best for Switzerland.
What, are you here too to talk about „beating“ (when losing 5-2) and „punishing“ (when getting beat 5-2 and outshot 39-19)? And he talks about „complex“, what an arrogant post.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00