WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
And Haas played with Scherwey and Ambühl last week already, it makes sense to keep that line. The only thing I am not sure about is Bertschy as 13th forward, I'd rather see him in a bigger role over Simion or Senteler. I know that the Zug line has been together for a few games now, but they haven't exactly been 100% convincing.

Reactions: Summer Rose

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Klausi spreading some rumours without any sources whatsoever. But hey, let's help him spread them:

Kommt auch Fiala?
Gemäss Eismeister Zaugg sind die Chancen gross, dass mit Kevin Fiala ein weiterer NHL-Spieler zum Schweizer Team stösst. Bislang galt die Teilnahme des Stürmers der Los Angeles Kings als unwahrscheinlich, weil seine Partnerin ein Kind erwartet.

Translated: Chances are high that Fiala will also join the team.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I'd guess Nino and Andrighetto joining either the Hischier or the Senteler line.

So I'd guess:
Kurashev - Hischier - niederreiter - Thürkauf - Josi
Andrighetto - Herzog - Senteler - Simion - Loeffel or Kukan

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
We win, the most important thing after all, but we will need to stop making all these mistakes and Fischer needs to stop giving Fora so much ice time...

Also, is it just me or Jäger was completely invisible ?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
You didn't expect spectacular stuff from Jäger, did you? He plays a smart 2-way game, I though it was pretty solid for his first WC-game.

Fora is just bad, I don't know what Fischer sees in him. On both goals he has a direct responsibility.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
So, good result in the end, can't complain about a 3 goal win against a pretty decent Norway team. No injuries too, which wasn't a given against the dirtiest team in international hockey and incompetent referees.

On the downside, there was way too much sloppy play in the defensive zone. Fora looked like an amateur player on the 1st Norway goal, and there way too many avoidable giveaways. Focus must be improved in the next games. The PK wasn't great either.

Play in the offensive zone was much better, especially around the net. Pressure on the net was key on Loeffel, Scherwey and Niederreiter's goals.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
You didn't expect spectacular stuff from Jäger, did you? He plays a smart 2-way game, I though it was pretty solid for his first WC-game.

Fora is just bad, I don't know what Fischer sees in him. On both goals he has a direct responsibility.

You don't need to be spectacular to be noticable

Yeah Fora has nothing to do here, seeing him taking shift with Josi is dumb, we don't want Josi being in his zone trying to make up for Fora's mistakes

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just looked at boxscore but didn't see second two periods.

Any reason Hischier wasn't on the score sheet? And I'm guessing Siegenthaler returned after being shaken early?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So Klauss Zaugg was probably right. I wonder if his kid is already here.

Anyway, would be another amazing reinforcment and probably mean that Thierry Bader has to leave the team.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
My guess was correct, Fiala is already father.

Confirmed by Swiss ice hockey, he'll be in Prague tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad