WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Sometimes it‘s tough to understand. Künzle is skating and skillwise far away from Nussbaumer. And we still have a lot of similar players who can play a role like Künzle but are just better.

Same on D. Keeping Jung over Berni? I didn‘texpect that.

Keeping Wüthrich over Aeschlimann forcthis week makes sense.

Josi down 0-1.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Sometimes it‘s tough to understand. Künzle is skating and skillwise far away from Nussbaumer. And we still have a lot of similar players who can play a role like Künzle but are just better.

Same on D. Keeping Jung over Berni? I didn‘texpect that.

Keeping Wüthrich over Aeschlimann forcthis week makes sense.

Josi down 0-1.

I mean he was good last year in the preparation and Fischer still cut him.

Yeah weird choices pretty much like always with this coach. It really seems like there is player he likes and other he simply doesn't.

For exemple, Fora seems like a guy who has a free card to the team, you can be sure he will make it to the WC. Conversely, he really seems to have something with Malgin.

Always the same shit year after year

Reactions: Swissfan5411

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
If you are fair, no matter who the coach is, those discussion alsways happen. We had that with Krüger, with Simpson, have a look at Yakin. And you can read on the boards here that there are similar disussions from time to time in other countries.

Our insight is limited, maybe Nussbaumer isn't fully fit, who knows. But yeah, Fora always seems to get a Wildcard.

Reactions: SwissFan12

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
If you are fair, no matter who the coach is, those discussion alsways happen. We had that with Krüger, with Simpson, have a look at Yakin. And you can read on the boards here that there are similar disussions from time to time in other countries.

Our insight is limited, maybe Nussbaumer isn't fully fit, who knows. But yeah, Fora always seems to get a Wildcard.

I could be fair with people able to question themselves and able to understand that they can be wrong like anyone.

I don't think this is a quality Fischer has, I think he repeats the same things over and over and always has good excuses when it doesn't work. And that's exactly why I think this team desperately needs a new coach.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, I won't deny that. It was just a general remark. Those discussion won't stop even with another coach.

No-one knows what happens when we change coaches. It could be better. Or not. But yeah, after 7 years it could be time to change coaches no matter what.

I'm actually wondering what the names are that those who wish hardly a new coach would like to see as a new coach.

And IMHO, much more important than a new coach is replacing Lars Weibel who just didn't do a good job. And he has the charisma of a sleeping pill (don't know if you can say that in English, in German you say Ausstrahlung einer Schlaftablette :)). Just not the type of guy we need to fight for Swiss ice hockey vs. the clubs in Switzerland.

Reactions: Tritsche

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Fischer was never remotely qualified for the job. As a coach, he has zero track record, zero merits. Lugano was horrible under him. He's a perennial loser except for the one medal. He also appears to have some serious complexes because his NHL "career" was a failure. He should finally quit his job and get some help. Would be in everybody's best interest.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So, who would you prefer as a replacement?
I don't even care as long it's not yet another member of the Fischer cult. Too many of those clowns inside the SIHF already. They can all get lost. Send them all packing. Gotta clean house. Badly.

Somebody with some kind of social skills would be nice as well. Regarding on ice coaching it doesn't get worse. People who never watched a hockey game would probably do better than Fischer. He's incompetence personified. Good players don't always make good coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

I would even say Fischer is more likely to pick a player that happens to be in form at the right time (see Mayer last year for example, or Heldner and Bertaggia in previous years) or to cut a bigger name that is underperforming than most coaches.

Did we already forget the endless debates after Krüeger picked Paterlini and Della Rossa while not even considering players that finished near the top of the scoring leaderboard?

Regarding Fora, I think he deserves a fair bit of criticism, but he still belongs on the current roster. I'd take him to Prague ahead of at the very least 3 players.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
What about Rochette? He is having a very decent Playoff run.
And has Bichsel officially been ruled out?
I know Rochette is officially rehabilitated but it would still leave a bad taste in my mouth if he was selected while Bichsel is banned for now. I mean he is the guy who basically changed federations as soon has he went to the CHL and thought he could cut it for Canada. And later after it was clear he would never wear the maple leaf in a serious tournament he declined to play in a U20 WJC for Switzerland too. So he basically let his peers down again and again for their whole international junior career. But now everything is already forgiven because we have really bad forward depth as a hockey nation and Rochette might be able to chip in if needed. Just another example of how ridiculous Fischers stance on which players are allowed to join the team and which ones are not, really is.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What about Rochette? He is having a very decent Playoff run.
And has Bichsel officially been ruled out?

Yes, the moron gave yet another one of his salty interviews in response to Bichsel saying he'd be open to playing.
Yet another completely unnecessary episode in this childish pissing contest. The Stars franchise was never gonna release Bichsel for the WC anyway unless both of their pro teams drop out of playoffs early...which is an extremely unlikely scenario.

So at the end of the day, thanks to the moron, there's now more bad blood...for no good reason. Quit and grow up, clown!

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
So, who would you prefer as a replacement?
I really don't agree with this counter argument against Fischers potential firing. The Czechs won Bronze in 22 with a significantly worse team on paper than we had while "dinosaur" Kari Jalonen was on the bench. Its also not like the only coach you can get on the market is Don Nachbaur. Switzerland is an attractive place to work in, the work load is not all that big and the pay is not that bad either compared to other federations. There should be decent international coaches that are interested in the position. And if nothing should turn up after all you can always try out an "internal" solution like Cadieux for example. Its not like Fischer is a better coach than guys like Cadieux or Jalonen. The silver medal and the improvement of the team in the group stage are really just a product of the stronger player base, compared to earlier in the millenium. So there are options if you actually want to see them. I guess a lot of fans don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwissFan12

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I really don't agree with this counter argument against Fischers potential firing. The Czechs won Bronze in 22 with a significantly worse team on paper than we had while "dinosaur" Kari Jalonen was on the bench. Its also not like the only coach you can get on the market is Don Nachbaur. Switzerland is an attractive place to work in, the work load is not all that big and the pay is not that bad either compared to other federations. There should be decent international coaches that are interested in the position. And if nothing should turn up after all you can always try out an "internal" solution like Cadieux for example. Its not like Fischer is a better coach than guys like Cadieux or Jalonen. The silver medal and the improvement of the team in the group stage are really just a product of the stronger player base, compared to earlier in the millenium. So there are options if you actually want to see them. I guess a lot of fans don't.
You probably misunderstood my post. It was out of couriosity what names would be around.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thurkauf - Hischier - Kurashev
Andrighetto - Malgin - Herzog
Simion - Jäger - Riat
Scherwey - Ambuhl - Bertschy

Siegenthaler - Loeffel
Kukan - Geisser
Marti - Glauser

Genoni/Berra/Schmid

Reactions: MatBarzal

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Thurkauf - Hischier - Kurashev
Andrighetto - Malgin - Herzog
Simion - Jäger - Riat
Scherwey - Ambuhl - Bertschy

Siegenthaler - Loeffel
Kukan - Geisser
Marti - Glauser

Genoni/Berra/Schmid

I think Egli should make the team

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
I think I read somewhere that Fiala and his better half was expecting a child right about these times, and therefore he would probably not come if they got eliminated from the playoffs?

So with Josi matched up with Suter, I would think one of those will be the last piece in the Swiss puzzle.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Okay so according to the Blick Bichsel is banned at least until the 2026 WC, so no Olympics for him, even though he is our most promising D by far.

f*** this federation, f*** these moron, they do everything to s*** on this team, it's seems they are making sure we won't do anything with the best generation we ever had, that's ridiculous

Those moron of Fischer and Weibel publicly spitting on him in the article are absolutely disgusting

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
According to SRF:

Der achtköpfige Mannschaftsrat habe dann diskutiert, ob die Spieler rehabilitiert werden und wieder in den Kreis des Nationalteams zurückkehren sollen. Bei Bichsel legte das Team das Veto ein, weil viele Spieler nicht verstehen könnten, dass das Verteidiger-Talent einem Aufgebot für die U20-Nationalmannschaft zweimal nicht Folge leistete.

The eight-member team council then discussed whether the players should be rehabilitated and return to the national team. The team vetoed Bichsel's decision because many players could not understand why the talented defender had twice failed to accept a call-up for the U20 national team.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
According to SRF:

Yeah. I don't believe a single word. This has the stupudity of the Fischer cult written all over it.

This is fake news anyway. Bichsel wanted to play the summer WJC20, only requested to join camp late because he otherwise would have had zero offseason. So no, he didn't reject two call up's. This is just false. He played the following winter WJC20 as well.

We're talking about unusual circumstances. WJC20's don't usually take place in summer and you can't ask a young prospect with serious NHL ambition to enter an important season with zero offseason training all in order to avoid missing a few days of a stupid camp. Every NHL player would get this and all other players with ambitions as well. Only a Moron like Fischer could come up with such a comment.

Players are joining camps late...it happens all the time. The SIHF was actually begging Bichsel to join their WJC20 camp late after his move to Rögle. So they were crying and bitching about Bichsel wanting to join late just to ask him to do exactly that themselves ahead of the next tournament. How can you take these fools seriously? Also, just look at the current WJC18 or WC camps. Lots of players joining late and nobody seems to have a problem with it. Furthermore, I don't think Muggli played a single exhibition tournament this season. He didn't accept a single call up during international breaks, yet nobody seems to have a problem with it. Don't get me wrong...I don't have a problem with it either. I just think that the SIHF has double standards and Fischer is just randomly bashing and banning players via media whenever he feels like doing so because of his various complexes and disorders.

The worst shitshow you can possibly imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad