WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Good thing is also that Swiss players play a major role in the Swiss finals. Malgin/Andrighetto obviously for the Lions but also for Lausanne players like Riat, Glauser and Jäger play major roles and have more impact than their imports.
I agree, i hope Andrighetto is healthy enough, he did not have an easy season injury-wise but has looked really really good in the playoffs together with Malgin, would be nice to have them at the WC.

Also Jäger is almost a lock for me, he is playing great in the playoffs and is really good on the Face-Offs.

And of course Bertschy should also be available. I still think we need Meier or Fiala there with their finishing tough.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Fischer expects Siegenthaler, Hischier, Kurasev and Schmid.
Meier is open.
Bichsel is no option because he declined the WJC participation.

Reactions: Playmaker82

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Fischer expects Siegenthaler, Hischier, Kurasev and Schmid.
Meier is open.
Bichsel is no option because he declined the WJC participation.

Schmid ?

And what do you mean by Bichsel is no option ? Fischer said that ?
If it's the case then it's just ridiculous

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Akira Schmid, yes.

I mean he played a bad season, he can use every showcase possible. I'm not sure if he's an upgrade, tough.

Yeah, Fischer said that Bichsel is no option until further notice because he let down the U20 national team two times.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
The swiss players are usually very good to say "yes" to the national team. And this is the reason. "If you let us and our flag down twice without good reasons, it will have consequences". I kind of like that signal.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
The swiss players are usually very good to say "yes" to the national team. And this is the reason. "If you let us and our flag down twice without good reasons, it will have consequences". I kind of like that signal.

It's BS.

We don't need to put pressure on Hischier and the other guy to come help the team. They will come anyway.

If Bichsel wants to play, he should be taken.

Punishing every mistake is not helping the team, it's just dumb, especially when we talk about a 19 year old player with an unique profil and really talented

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I was fully with Bichsel the first time where he just asked for some more off-time before the WJC.

Now this time, well, he should have played at the WJC.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I think I talked about it already several times around here. I was disappointed too with his decline regarding last years WJC. Especially since it would have been fairly easy for him to attend while playing in the host country Sweden at the same time. Still, I don't think it merits getting banned from the NT for multiple tournaments over it. At the end of the day their club career is just much more important for the players than the NT. And if Bichsel made the decision that staying with Rögle was important for his career path we have to respect it. Of course Fischer can't really revert back from his stance without losing face either. But he really needs to let this go next year, if Bichsel is available. No need to risk another Reto von Arx situation with the most talented young player the country has right now. Its not like we have an abundant number of decent prospects these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonas2244

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I was fully with Bichsel the first time where he just asked for some more off-time before the WJC.

Now this time, well, he should have played at the WJC.

True, but we are not completely sure if this years decision was not connected to the treatment of Bichsel by the federation in the past. Of course he would not admit that publicly but you never know. All the more reason to burry the hatched as soon as possible, so that the situation doesn't escalate any further.

Reactions: SwissFan12

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

It's childish behaviour by Fischer and the other clowns to repeatedly organize a media campaign against players who refuse to play, even if it's for good reasons. Roasting players in interviews and releasing salty statements is childish behaviour. It's just bad style. Those things should be discussed and solved behind closed doors. These clowns are complete assholes and as dumb as it gets. Their coaching isn't any better btw. They're just sore losers. Fischer was a loser in Lugano already. I have no clue how he still has a job, let alone how he even got another job after Lugano. All he does is losing. Also, anywhere else in the world he'd get fired for mobbing Paterlini out of his job and installing Bayer as a dummy Coach for himself. Like even that dick move alone was just completely unacceptable.

Those clowns should finally grow up and get some help. And most importantly, quit their jobs. If they're not gonna get fired in forever then quitting would be the easiest way out.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
It's childish behaviour by Fischer and the other clowns to repeatedly organize a media campaign against players who refuse to play, even if it's for good reasons. Roasting players in interviews and releasing salty statements is childish behaviour. It's just bad style. Those things should be discussed and solved behind closed doors. These clowns are complete assholes and as dumb as it gets. Their coaching isn't any better btw. They're just sore losers. Fischer was a loser in Lugano already. I have no clue how he still has a job, let alone how he even got another job after Lugano. All he does is losing. Also, anywhere else in the world he'd get fired for mobbing Paterlini out of his job and installing Bayer as a dummy Coach for himself. Like even that dick move alone was just completely unacceptable.

Those clowns should finally grow up and get some help. And most importantly, quit their jobs. If they're not gonna get fired in forever then quitting would be the easiest way out.

Agree.

Like last year against Latvia where he roasted Malgin in front of everyone and then, Malgin happened to be sick for the quarter. That's ridiculous because they put their ego before the team needs.

That's just a clown show and this team is not going anywhere with this BS.

Reactions: Hinterland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Agree.

Like last year against Latvia where he roasted Malgin in front of everyone and then, Malgin happened to be sick for the quarter. That's ridiculous because they put their ego before the team needs.

That's just a clown show and this team is not going anywhere with this BS.

I have always seen his stance on the "commitment" for the NT and the bans and roasts that came with it as some sort of overcompensation for the lack of natural authority that he commands. I mean, he coaches players that have had way more successful careers than he had. And as a coach he doesn't have many significant achievements to his name either. As a club coach he was a failure, as Hinterland pointed out. Then there is the silver medal as a NT coach. But that one was rather won on the backs of the NHL players and his overall record as NT coach is still terrible.

So he has to find a way to still command the respect from players. What is really baffling to me though is that it seems to be working. Particularly with the NHL players, he seems rather popular. Maybe they see him rather as a fun guy to be around than actually respect him, I don't know. I just find it puzzling that none of the core guys wants to get rid of him after their complete lack of success in the last few years.

I mean he is impacting their chances for a gold medal and therefore their legacy as players too. Maybe they are just focused more on their part of the blame in the respective quarter final losses. And we as fans are more inclined to look at the team and the coaching staff as a whole.

Last edited:

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Not taking Bichsel because of his decline this year is acceptable in my opinion since there were no good (public) reasons for his decline. In the first wjc he wanted to play and the federation prevented him from playing by not granting him a bit more rest before the tournament.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I'm torn on this. On one hand I have no issue with not taking a player who has declined for no reason in the past, but on the other hand, it was just the U20, he never refused to play for the national team.

Regarding communication, I'm all for honesty. If it had not been clearly communicated everyone would be speculating about whether he's injured or there's another reason. It also happened to other players in the past and none of them ever held a grudge against the team, so I don't think communication is as bad as implied.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I agree, you have to communicate because question would come if you won't.

Weibel confirms what Fischer said. Looks good for Hischier, Siegenthaler and Kurashev. Schmid would also come, even if he's RFA and they want him to come.

Meier could need shoulder surgery, which would rule him out.
They're also in talks with Moser and asked for permission from the (Ex-)Coyotes.
He's not optimistic there also because it gets more difficult to find an insurance who is ready to insure an RFA like Moser who probably gets a nice salary-rise whith his next contract.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Well, highly dominant game with Aeschlimann doing Aeschlimann-things and Le Coultre doing Le Coultre-things. France has a combined shot-count of 4 in the two last periods.

Just missing the offensive skillset to use that dominance.

Berni played much better than in Slovakia, Geisser rock solid and with the game winner. Aebischer played very well, too. And he shoots right. Egli needed a little bit but got better as the game went on.

I don't know if there will be a defensive cut (because no-one is joining) but if it's probably Le Coultre.

Offensive-wise Moy played good and if he gets line-mates who can actually skate and have a skillset he should get further. Künzle is just not good enough. Bader is a hard worker but beside that he's missing a lot. Marchon, too. Kessler is skill-wise better. Nussbaumer just doesn't have the puck-luck currently.

Joining are Herzog, Simion, Bertschy and back should be Haas and Richard.

So I expect 2 or 3 cuts, Künzle, Bader and Marchon the obvious for me.

Pretty confirmed are:
Hischier, Siegenthaler, Kurashev, Schmid

Open from NA are:
Meier, Moser (both unlikley), Josi, Suter, Niederreiter and Fiala in playoffs.

Players from the Finalists:
Kukan, Malgin, Andrighetto
Glauser, Jäger, Riat

Goaliewise I expect Genoni/Berra/Schmid with a pretty open situation who is #1.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Some ups and downs in the two France games. France clearly came with the intention of limiting spaces and Switzerland was unable to do anything about it in the first game. Things were better in the second game with a lot of chances created, but lack of finish and defensive mistakes lead to OT.

Regarding individual performances, I think Wüthrich has outplayed Aeschlimann so far and should stay with the team next week. I was disappointed by the defensemen. Geisser and Egli are the only ones I feel confident about. Fora and Loeffel made bad mistakes despite their experience at this level. Berni was ok but you expect more from someone with NHL experience, Le Coultre made many mistakes as well, got beaten a few times, including on France's 2nd goal today. The others simply weren't good enough.

I liked the forwards better, despite the lack of goals. Moy probably earned a deeper look thanks to his goals, Thürkauf worked well around the net, Ambühl brought a lot of energy as usual (although I thought the two of them had trouble working together). Marchon and Scherwey showed good things as well, but Marchon may be too limited to make the team. Lehmann's speed brings a lot, if only he could convert it into goals. Nussbaumer played well but he lost his crazy shooting efficiency from the regular season.

From what the announcers said, Berra, Bertschy, Simion and Herzog will join, and Kreis and Jung will be cut.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Players from the Finalists:
Kukan, Malgin, Andrighetto
Glauser, Jäger, Riat

Goaliewise I expect Genoni/Berra/Schmid with a pretty open situation who is #1.
I would add Marti from the finalists, especially with Jung still in the team.

And Hughes is playing very well, he might get a shot over Schmid.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, I forgot Marti.

You don't call Schmid from NA (as an RFA) if they don't plan to take him to the WC.

I personally would take either Genoni or Berra and both Hughes and Schmid. Genoni and Berra won't be around forever, you have to think about the future. And I'd rate Hughes play in the playoffs at least equal to Berra and Genoni.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
So Fischer don't want Bichsel at all, seems the case is close, great!

Hope this team get destroyed at the WC so that we might finally say goodbye to all these moron. It will break my heart but it will be for the best I'm sure.

I have absolutely 0 expectation this year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So Fischer don't want Bichsel at all, seems the case is close, great!

Hope this team get destroyed at the WC so that we might finally say goodbye to all these moron. It will break my heart but it will be for the best I'm sure.

I have absolutely 0 expectation this year.

I have 0 expectations ever since the Clown was hired. If you watched his Lugano teams then you know why. I have never seen a worse team. He's such a poor coach it makes me angry just watching him. And I actually liked Fischer as a player, have never even been a Lugano fan myself. Still I can't watch that grade a moron behind a bench. You wouldn't find a worse coach no matter how hard you tried. And his fellow clowns aren't much better.

Also, as per usual, Bichsel gets pubicly executed via media. The clowns aren't ever gonna change or grow up. They're never gonna get fired either. Unless some day they realize that they're nothing but clowns and perennial losers (unlikely to happen) nothing is ever gonna change and this bad circus is just gonna go on and on.

Last edited:

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Berra, Bertschy, Herzog and Simion in, while Hischier, Siegenthaler, Kurashev and Schmid arrives next week. No news about Meier, which I guess is kinda negative.

Berni, Aeschlimann, Le Courtre, Nussbaumer and Heim out.

krutais23

May 1, 2023
1.Dean Kukan, ZSC Lions
2.Ramon Untersander, SC Bern(does not play for the NT anymore)
3.Tim Berni, Genève Servette (played poorly in the first two exhibition games)
4. Tobias Geisser, EV Zug
5.Romain Loeffel, SC Bern
6.Andrea Glauser, Hc Lausanne (very underrated IMO)
7.Lian Bichsel, Rögle BK
8.Mirco Müller, Hc Lugano
HM Dominik Egli, Simon Le Coultre,Christin Marti, Santeri Alatalo, Yannick Weber

Off the top off my head but i have to say after Kukan the Players are all pretty equal they can be swapped easily and Geisser and Berni are higher because of potential. Hope i didn‘t forget anyone.
Your No 3. Berni did not get even to week 4 of prep, was it because of injury?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Berra, Bertschy, Herzog and Simion in, while Hischier, Siegenthaler, Kurashev and Schmid arrives next week. No news about Meier, which I guess is kinda negative.

Berni, Aeschlimann, Le Courtre, Nussbaumer and Heim out.
Surprising cuts. Le Coultre and Berni have not been good, but I'd still take them above Baragano, Kreis or Jung. I didn't expect Nussbaumer either, but I can understand it given that no forward stood out negatively, and he didn't carry his club form to the national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad