Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Just wondering if Emil Djuse changed position in recent years or has he played D the whole time?

He switched three years ago. His division 1 production was as a D, but it was in one of the worse division 1 leagues.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
THE worst. By far. And that's saying something.

Fair enough, but second half the year they played in the upper tier of division 1 so it could've been even worse if he was on a bottom-dweller. His team actually lost out in the Allsvenskan qualifiers to a team that later got promoted, so he had some decent competition late in the season.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
Robert Hägg is kind of having a mini-breakthrough in the SEL right now.

Due to an injury on the senior team he's been getting some ice time the last week and has shown a lot of promise. Nothing spectacular, but he's been playing a fairly mature and solid game overall. His physical play has been especially impressive, the kid is probably stronger than most guys in this league already.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Robert Hägg is kind of having a mini-breakthrough in the SEL right now.

Due to an injury on the senior team he's been getting some ice time the last week and has shown a lot of promise. Nothing spectacular, but he's been playing a fairly mature and solid game overall. His physical play has been especially impressive, the kid is probably stronger than most guys in this league already.

I think he ends up in the top 10 this year, similar rise to Lindholm (although Lindholm was a complete unknown heading into the year)

Analyzer*

How come Nygren has so many penalties ?

Does he have a bit of an edge, or just dumb penalties too frequently?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
According to our announcer, Hampus Lindholm is expected back in the next few days. He should be good to go for your U-20 team.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Do you all think Jarnkrok will be a #1C?

I like him but even i have to say i don't think he has what it takes to become a number one. I think if he bulks up over the coming years his defensive zone play will come along with it because he's so smart i don't think he'll have any problem picking up defense on a small rink. If he succeeds in the NHL i think he'll become a terrific playmaking #2C with good two way ability.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I like him but even i have to say i don't think he has what it takes to become a number one. I think if he bulks up over the coming years his defensive zone play will come along with it because he's so smart i don't think he'll have any problem picking up defense on a small rink. If he succeeds in the NHL i think he'll become a terrific playmaking #2C with good two way ability.

have to disagree. Järnkroks 'lowest' projection should be a Ribiero-clone who can play defense

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Maybe he just has a different opinion. What's yours?

You don't see the problem in projecting a player's lowest potential to be as good as one of the better 2nd line centers in the league and actually saying he will be better defensively? Basically if Rebeiro was better defensively then he is he would be a number one center for quite a few teams. HF overrates prospects so much is hilarious.

Aug 6, 2012
You don't see the problem in projecting a player's lowest potential to be as good as one of the better 2nd line centers in the league and actually saying he will be better defensively? Basically if Rebeiro was better defensively then he is he would be a number one center for quite a few teams. HF overrates prospects so much is hilarious.

I get what you're saying, there really isn't a "lowest potential", but he does realistically have the potential to be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad