Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

His Beardliness*

Rundblad is appearently very hard for a northamerican to pronounce, I have heard everything form Roonbald, to Randbland from the commentators int he preseason.

It's hard to spell too!

IMG_0399.jpg

DaveH

Oct 9, 2011
Posted this in the William Karlsson thread, but I guess this is relevant info here aswell.

http://www.vik.se/index.php/vik-tv/1/1740-ais-vik-2-7
Nr 71 William Karlsson, scored twice last game vs. Almtuna. Goals can be seen in the video after 45.sec.
http://www.vik.se/index.php/vik-tv/1-matchbilder/1722-iko-vik-2-6
His goal vs Oskarshamn (last goal, says its Zettergren but its Karlsson as you can see by his number 71)

Karlsson is now ranked 3rd overall in the league (7th in goals/4th in assists) after 8 games, with a total of 11 points.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?leagueid=Allsvenskan&season=2011

He's been very promising sofar, building on what he did last season, Anaheim fans will have to start taking this kid seriously. As you can see in the vid, he's got some... attitude ;)

Last edited:

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
There are currently four Västerås players among the top ten Allsvenskan scorers (Little, Bergqvist, Karlsson and Öberg). Are two of them Karlsson's linemates?

I have to think there will be some changes in Färjestad's management soon. After tonight's 1-0 loss against Linköping the reigning champions don't have any regulation wins after the first ten rounds. With the number of good players they have on their roster, I really don't understand their lack of success...

Andersen continues to win games. He made 21 saves on 23 shots as Frölunda won 3-2 against AIK in overtime.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
There are currently four Västerås players among the top ten Allsvenskan scorers (Little, Bergqvist, Karlsson and Öberg). Are two of them Karlsson's linemates?

I have to think there will be some changes in Färjestad's management soon. After tonight's 1-0 loss against Linköping the reigning champions don't have any regulation wins after the first ten rounds. With the number of good players they have on their roster, I really don't understand their lack of success...

Andersen continues to win games. He made 21 saves on 23 shots as Frölunda won 3-2 against AIK in overtime.

I think he plays with Little and Öberg. Little is a big surprise, he had produed very well in NCCA, but thats no guarantee for that kind of success, Öberg was a grinder in SEL some years back and have never produced on this kind of pace (he have never scored more than 6 goals in a season in a pretty long senior career).

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
CBJ goalie prospect Anton Forsberg saved 36 of 37 shots in his second SEL start ever tonight and played an overall excellent game.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
What's Oscar Lindberg upside and how is he playing this year?

He's been rubbish :D.

No, but very though season so far. Had a really good pre-season and thougt he was going to be our #1 C but has had a rough start playing with the Monarchs (Oscar Möller, Bud Holloway).
I would say it's sophmore-syndrome thus far. Thou he got injured just before the opening night and missed some early games and may not be 100% healthy yet.

He has the tools to be an NHL-player but has to put it all together. Hasn't really got any weaknesses, a bit smallish but plays physical and is one of the teams best body-checkers, despite his size. Maybe his shot need som improving also but all-around very complete.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
John Klingberg is loaned from Jokerit to Kiekko-Vantaa (Mestis).

Scored their only goal tonight. Played 18:17 minutes but it appears as he did not play in the second period. So he got quite a bit of responsibility, 10 min in the 3rd. Had 2 shots as well.

It's good for him to play for a while in the Mestis since he needs to get some good games under his belt. With Jokerit he showed glimpses of talent and potential but was quite hazardous with the puck and most of the time made the wrong decisions. He needs to simplify his game and not always go for the highlight reel moves. He should be back with Jokerit soon if he's able to do that.

And for such a young kid it's really a completely new life experience and wouldn't be suprised if he's going through some home-sickness. Its tough but I'm sure one day he'll benefit from it when he moves on to the NA rinks.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
I've read that Brodin has been as solid as ever in the defensive zone. Some were expecting/hoping that he would have a coming out offensively this season. Is he getting some PP opportunities? Is he showing more offensively so far?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Team Sweden U20 Roster 4 Nations Tournament @ Vaasa, Finland.

GK
Anton Forsberg
Johan Gustafsson

Defence
Johan Alm
Mattias Bäckman
Oscar Klefbom
Fredrik Claesson
John Klingberg
Patrik Nemeth
Jonas Brodin

Forwards