Swedish Junior Leagues 2016/17

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
This tournament must have been a wake-up call for Stockholms hockey federation. The capitals best players divided in 3 teams gets their ass kicked by a Northern Village Team with some underaged players.

Habitants in Stockholm municipalité: 1.500.000 people
Habitants in Bjästa (Home of KB65) 1800 people

Great work Stockholm :handclap:

GC

Jun 13, 2015
This tournament must have been a wake-up call for Stockholms hockey federation. The capitals best players divided in 3 teams gets their ass kicked by a Northern Village Team with some underaged players.

Habitants in Stockholm municipalité: 1.500.000 people
Habitants in Bjästa (Home of KB65) 1800 people

Great work Stockholm :handclap:

KB65 had borrowed some Modo-players during the tourney so it was not the ordinary KB65. More like Ã…ngermanland.

Doolittle

Apr 11, 2017
KB65 had borrowed some Modo-players during the tourney so it was not the ordinary KB65. More like Ã…ngermanland.

It is true that KB65 borrowed players. They borrowed 1 goalie (Modo) and 3 defenders, 2 from Modo (which 1 originally is from KB65) and 1 from Sollefteå.
"More like Ångermanland" - Not really, there were 9 of 22 players from this team that were part of the Ångermanland team in the "Norrlandsmästerskapen" tournament.

Doolittle

Apr 11, 2017
Looks like that tournament finishes tomorrow. Last year Oscar Bjerselius lead the tournament with 11 points in 10 games, followed by Albin Grewe who had 10. Pretty decent tournament by Holtz.

A pretty decent tournament by Theodor Niederbach from KB65 as well. Holtz scored 22 points in 10 games (2,2 points per game) and Niederbach scored 21 points in 9 games (2,33 points per game). Niederbach also scored the game winning goal in the final.

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
Yes, Niederbach had a great tournament. I watched him at the "sportlovscamp" in Harnosand a couple of weeks earlier and he did not stand out in that environment. He made a great recovery from that and outperformed most if not all Stockholm players in 1891.

An interesting fact is that another team (Tordon Hockey) should have participated in the Tournament but when Stockholm North and Stockholm South had a look at the great Roster Tordon has put together they filed a complaint to DIF to ban Tordon from the Tournament for not being a club team.

Word was that they was terrified to loose against this Tordon team. I guess they did not realize that they should loose against a small club from northern Sweden with 3 borrowed players instead. :hockey:

I guess this was a big blow against the cocky Stockholm hockey movement.

You should know that this KB65 team got completely slaughtered by Skelleftea in the U16-Sm qualifier, a Skellefteå with more than half the troop born 02.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Yes, Niederbach had a great tournament. I watched him at the "sportlovscamp" in Harnosand a couple of weeks earlier and he did not stand out in that environment. He made a great recovery from that and outperformed most if not all Stockholm players in 1891.

An interesting fact is that another team (Tordon Hockey) should have participated in the Tournament but when Stockholm North and Stockholm South had a look at the great Roster Tordon has put together they filed a complaint to DIF to ban Tordon from the Tournament for not being a club team.

Word was that they was terrified to loose against this Tordon team. I guess they did not realize that they should loose against a small club from northern Sweden with 3 borrowed players instead. :hockey:

You should know that this KB65 team got completely slaughtered by Skelleftea in the U16-Sm qualifier, a Skellefteå with more than half the troop born 02.

Who were on that team? Players from Stockholm who did not make the cut?

Ã…ngermanland must have one hell of a class if only a few players from KB were good enough to play for Ã…ngermaland and KB beat Stockholm teams.

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
There were some Stockholm area players and I think it was like 3-4 defensemen from earlier WSI teams.

Jesper Wallstedt from Västerås J18/J20 was one of the goalies and Rocky Persson from Björklövens J18 was one of the Fw´s if my source is correct. I try to find the whole roster later this evening.

I guess it could be sensitive if a team with Stockholm players that not made the cut to North or South had won the Tournament.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009

Lol, someone doesn't like Stockholm :laugh:

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
Oh no, I like Stockholm. Just heard a lot about the 02`s in the Stockholm area and this is really the first year we put effort in to scout 02`s. We expected a little bit more to be honest. Sure Holtz and Eklund in Dif looks good but there is a lot of individualists in those teams that doesn't get that hockey is a Team Sport I guess.

Thats why KB65 won the tournament, they played the game as it should be played, playing for the crest on the chest and not for the name on the back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad