Swedish Junior Leagues 2016/17

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
A danish guy named Rasmus T. Andersson is leading the point race with 8 points 4 games. I guess he will play WJC for Denmark.

Isaac Brännström, the brother of Erik Brännström, has 7 points in 4 games so far. How big talent is Isaac?

Edgars Treijs is back in swedish hockey, 6 points in 4 games so far.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Hey guys, German guy visiting here! Are there any live streams for the J20 Superelit, or do any teams stream their games individually? Thanks a lot in advance.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Brynäs beat Västerås 12-3. I'm surprised as Västerås won the first 4 games pretty easy..

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Brynäs beat Västerås 12-3. I'm surprised as Västerås won the first 4 games pretty easy..

A parent said it was more even than the score, Brynäs had too much skill though and everything went in.

Västerås has a few interesting players. Lukas Zetterberg, Eric Berkerud, Edgars Treijs as TheFatOne mentioned.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

That younger Boqvist plays with some serious swagger. 16 year old D-man leading the forecheck numerous times in his first J20 game.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Anyone seen much of Emil Bemström this year?

I saw some of him in the Hlinka and he looked a pretty good young player there. And his stats in J20 are really impressive.

I know that Leksands are a bit of a powerhouse this year... so may be inflating his stats... and I doubt he keeps up the 25% shot he has. But still, 20pts in 15gp is serious production.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

I saw some of him in the Hlinka and he looked a pretty good young player there. And his stats in J20 are really impressive.

I know that Leksands are a bit of a powerhouse this year... so may be inflating his stats... and I doubt he keeps up the 25% shot he has. But still, 20pts in 15gp is serious production.

Heven't seen much but I like him as well. Not the biggest guy but skating, hockey sense and hands are good. He also plays with an edge.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Heven't seen much but I like him as well. Not the biggest guy but skating, hockey sense and hands are good. He also plays with an edge.

Yeh, that is what I saw from him in the Hlinka games I saw.

Could be a guy (especially given on younger side of draft year) who flies under the radar... though I expect he starts getting SHL time proper as year progresses and it could in turn catapult him up the draft.

Forsbacka-Karlsson seems a not too dissimilar kind of talent/upside at same age from limited viewing. But Bemström is a better skater, not as big. Both have that intensity and IQ.

In other words I don't think it would be too big a shock if he crept inside the 2nd round as year progresses. Seems to have no real 'red flags'... apart from size... but he is not 'small small'... just a big below what is ideal.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I'm so excited to get to see Noel Gunler, the kid has had an impressive start of this season.

LifisLife

Dec 8, 2015

Hey, i follow the Leksand junior teams very closely so ive seen him alot.

I was kinda disapointed in his first season last year, even though it was still really good, just had so high expectations i guess. Anyways, he made it to the Hnlinka tourney which suprised me alittle but he played really well as the teams 4th line center (alongside another leksand player Aterius). And when the series started he just built off that success and everything just started clicking in a big way.

He has a high hockey IQ for sure. Has all the tools, great hands and great wrister and one timer. Can finish plays well close to the goalie aswell. Looks like the real deal. Should be very interesting to see how he does in the upcoming Team 18 tournament.

Vancouver BC

Feb 28, 2016
I watched the swedish j18 elite league game in Malmo between Malmo and Frolunda on the december the 7th and was impressed by Frolundas D-man #41 Joseph Berger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=288460

This young talented juniorplayer Scored the game winning goal in this game and is gifted with one of the best one-timer slapshot i've ever seen.
I watched P.K.Subban when he played in the Ontario hockey league a couple of years ago and there is similarities between these two players when it comes to the ability to shoot the puck.

Berger born on the 13 th of december 1999 is eligible for the 2018 NHL entry draft.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Will be interesting to see how the producing young guns fare against tougher competition in J18 Allsvenskan. Some solid starts so far:
Grewe (01) 2+4 in 3 GP
Raymond (02) 3+3 in 2 GP
Holtz (02) 4+0 in 3 GP

Just scratching the surface, but it could be fun to follow these coming months. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Raymond invited to the U16 elitcamp? And if he was, did he decline? I think I've read it somewhere.

Last edited:

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Will be interesting to see how the producing young guns fare against tougher competition in J18 Allsvenskan. Some solid starts so far:
Grewe (01) 2+4 in 3 GP
Raymond (02) 3+3 in 2 GP
Holtz (02) 4+0 in 3 GP

Just scratching the surface, but it could be fun to follow these coming months. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Raymond invited to the U16 elitcamp? And if he was, did he decline? I think I've read it somewhere.

Very impressive numbers indeed. Arvid Costmar (01) leads Linköping in scoring, 4+1 in 3 games and Oscar Bjerselius (01) has 2+2 for Djurgården. Looks like 01 and 02 generation has some fire power offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad